No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had more...a sliced apple with macadamia butter on top, and about a spoonful of creamed coconut...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
      I had more...a sliced apple with macadamia butter on top, and about a spoonful of creamed coconut...
      Ooooh...living dangerously on valentines day
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        Ooooh...living dangerously on valentines day
        Heehee. Yup, that's how you do it on 30 DONN

Originally posted by bone_machine
        Beautiful! Makes me wish I'd gone a little bolder with the exterior paint on our place.
        yeah, all our plain white houses...

+1!! Now I just need to shape it. *sigh* Time for more squats..
        double sigh...

Oh wow, WnC, you've come so far! Do you find the L3 push-ups harder or easier than L2? I find them easier, which makes me suspect I'm doing them wrong.
        Yeah, I guess so. In September I never would have imagined that I would be this far
        I found L3 easier on my wrists. My wrist was so sore that I couldn't do the L2. Try doing them on a lower surface and/or slower/deeper. I do mine on the 4th step of our staircase (top of my thigh height).

I looked up the Tibetan Rites, never heard of those before. The first move looks like it'd help with balance issues. Thanks for introducing me to this, I'ma give it a shot tonight.
        Have fun. Try this video:

You are supposed to start with 3 reps and build up to 21 (and ONLY 21)
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
          Day 20

Food
          1:30 – Lara bar
          L @ 2 – Tim Hortons chili
          S @ 4 macadamia nuts, 10 almonds, a spoon full of creamed coconut and then an apple sliced up with macadamia butter.
          D – BAS: cauliflower, mushrooms, apple, mandarin orange segments, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, romaine with bacon fat, garlic and balsamic dressing. A small helping of spaghetti meat sauce.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
          There were a few kidney beans in the chili, but it was the best option available….I’m taking my own advice and not freaking out about it…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
          Nope, none, nada

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
          Bed at 11:45, up at 8:30 to drive my Daughter to school.
          Got ready and drove to my In Laws for 9:45am.
          I drove them into the city for my MIL’s doctor appointment.
          At 11 they X-rayed her shoulder.

And then we waited to see the Dr.

And waited.

And waited.

FINALLY, at 1:30, she saw the Dr. For maybe 10 minutes. Maybe.
          He told her she could take the sling off. She took it off right in the waiting room

Then we went for lunch. My FIL wanted to go to Tim Hortons. I thought: “Great what can I have there???” I chose the best option I could.

I had hoped to get home in time to watch Army Wannabe Son’s hockey game, which started at 3, but I didn’t get my In Laws home until 4

The Farmer saw the last period of the game. They had to call an ambulance because a boy on the other team got checked into the boards We lost 7-3…Play Offs start Thursday.

Lily went out to the barn with the Farmer. She started digging in the snow, I’m not sure what she smelled, but she wouldn’t quit. He finally had to pick her up and carry her in because the snow was turning pink from her blood!!! Her right paw was bloody by one of her nails I rinsed it off and took her upstairs and we cuddled in the bed till she stopped shivering…

Army Wannabe Son took his papers into the Recruiting Office yesterday. The Artillery posting he heard about on Friday was closed already

Holding down the couch again tonight…
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
            [B]
            Army Wannabe Son took his papers into the Recruiting Office yesterday. The Artillery posting he heard about on Friday was closed already
            Yeah, the military is in a phase of limiting recruiting currently to only really in demand trades, from the most recent years, there's an overabundance of combat arms trades who have priority in moving over to other open trades. Often there is more open for skilled tradespeople, but that varies too. Is there an army reserve unit in your area? That's a way to get a good taste of the organization on a part time basis without the total commitment of joining the full time regular force. He may have already explored that possibility, but it is certainly an option if nothing else is available and he is that interested.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• gawd I hate sitting around waiting for medical professions... good that the sling is off.

poor lily

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                Yeah, the military is in a phase of limiting recruiting currently to only really in demand trades, from the most recent years, there's an overabundance of combat arms trades who have priority in moving over to other open trades. Often there is more open for skilled tradespeople, but that varies too. Is there an army reserve unit in your area? That's a way to get a good taste of the organization on a part time basis without the total commitment of joining the full time regular force. He may have already explored that possibility, but it is certainly an option if nothing else is available and he is that interested.
                He did check out the reserves, but he wants the "real" thing.
                My nephew joined the Navy Reserves, but he's now working in the oil fields out west.
                My Son's friend joined in September (Combat Engineer) and he's been talking to him a lot.
                He may have to widen his interests. He wants Infantry, Artillery or Combat Engineer...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  gawd I hate sitting around waiting for medical professions... good that the sling is off.

poor lily
                  Yeah, the wait was brutal...she was SO happy to get that sling off

Lily's all better now
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Some more Jamaican photos:
                    This is the bus we took on the Bob Marley tour. I think it looks like an insect!

We rode this bus up into the mountains. And up in the mountains, this was the average width of the roads! If you meet another car someone usually has to back up or pull over.:

Like when THIS happens:

We were smaller, so we had to back up:

There were steep drop offs, some with 'guard rails':

Some without:

Want more?
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• cor, steep alright. yeah I like looking at photos..

Comment

• Ok, I'll find a few more
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Yes, yes more photos! I live vicariously through other people's foreign photographs.

Comment

• 30 DONN
                            Day 21

Food

L – BAS: red pepper, avocado, cauliflower 2 hard boiled eggs, garlic, macadamia oil and lemon juice
                            S – a spoonful of creamed coconut before my run, another one when I came back
                            D – T-bone steak, fried mushrooms and onions, squash, avocado and red pepper salad with garlic, macadamia oil and lemon juice. Chai with coconut milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and pure vanilla

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                            Avoided

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                            C25K – week 3, run 2 – OUTSIDE!!! On the road! It was +5 C out.
                            4 sprints during my "cool down"

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                            Bed at 11:40, up at 6 with a phone call to work over an hour away. I declined it because I had a hair appointment
                            I went back to sleep and kept turning off my alarms.
                            My 6:30, 7, 8, and 9am alarms…
                            My appointment was at 10 and I finally dragged my sorry butt (oh, wait, my wicked wicked bumper) out of bed at 9:45!
                            I threw on some clothes, put a hairband in my scary hair and took off.
                            She put a ton of foils in my hair, alternating a copper with a blonde. I was scary looking!
                            Then she straightened it. She did a WAY better job than I did. I have no hope of duplicating it...

It was nice out so I washed my Beetle and then came home for lunch.

I tried to get a photo of Lily & Josie and me with PhotoBooth. It’s very hard to get both dogs to look at the same place at the same time and to take the photo…I gave up and my Daughter tried to get a photo with the Olympus. This was the best one. I thought the Papillon cuteness would be a distraction

Here’s the hair:

After my BAS, I took Lily and Josie out of the pen to go back to the ‘dig’ site. Before we left I told them we were going to go digging, but when I said “We’re DONE!” it was time to come back to the house. We went out to the barn and Lily started digging again. She’s so cute when she digs Josie just wandered around wondering what all the fuss was about It was warmer out so the snow was softer today. I helped her dig, but she wasn’t too excited about my help.

After about 15 minutes, I said “OK Lily, we’re DONE! Time to go back” She didn’t really want to, but I clipped her leash on and gently led her away from the hole. About halfway back I let go of her leash (to see what she’d do). She headed back to the dig site. I went after her and said “Nope! We’re DONE” and led her back to the house. Josie followed. We partied with some venison!

I posted the Jamaican photos and wasted some time in the clouds. I thought I should go for a run because it was so nice out. I procrastinated on line for about a half hour before I made myself get changed and go. I drove to a paved side road, cause my gravel road is way too sloppy to run on. It was good. The road was dry and it wasn't too cold. I ran my C25K and after I drove the distance to measure it. I ran/walked 3km in 30 minutes…

After supper, I went into town to check out an indoor dog walking group. They are using the community centre. I thought I’d see what it was like BEFORE I brought Lily. I don’t think I’ll bring Josie. She really doesn’t like other people or dogs. I explained this to the woman who was ‘running’ the group. She has a 4 month old boxer, so of course she knows ALL about dogs… Anyway, she thought I should bring Josie. I said she’d probably fight. Her solution? Put a muzzle on her…yeah, been there, done that, not gonna happen.

I might bring Lily. Maybe. For a short visit. Most of the dogs were well behaved and the owners seemed to be paying attention to their dogs.

I’m on the couch again. I really gotta change that. I waste a lot of time sitting here. I should try to get the 5 Tibetan Rites done tonight…and maybe a few chin ups…
                            Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013, 04:54 PM. Reason: removed photo
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Your hair is cute! I love that style but could never, ever pull it off.

Your pups are absolutely adorable! They're just like having kids sometimes- lol. "But Mommmmm.... I wanna stay out and plaaaaaaay!"

Comment

• Thanks.
                                Funny thing...she never cut my hair, that is the same 'cut' that's in the Jamaica photos.
                                Now I'll have to see if I can duplicate it...

They ARE just like toddlers , but you can leave them home alone during the day
                                I think they're pretty adorable too
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X