Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!
    Yeah, it was surprising when I realized that I wasn't wanting a glass!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
      Day 18

Food

B – a half of a red grapefruit
      L – hamburger soup, an avocado, bacon, salad with macadamia oil and lemon juice. Chai with coconut milk
      D – Texas Longhorn roast beef, carrot, sweet potato, cauliflower, cauliflower and mushroom salad with balsamic vinegar, garlic and bacon fat. A small bowl of frozen blueberries with (really thick) coconut milk. Chai with coconut milk. 6 macadamia nuts.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
      A good day, poisons and stupid mistakes avoided!
      I think I’m eating too many nuts. Cheese or Batty’s Butter Balls used to be my “go to” fat, but now that I’m doing this 30 DONN, I’m using nuts. Maybe too many?? So I thought I’d try to keep track and cut down on the nuts.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
      Not very much
      Pullup Challenge
      L3 Chin Up – 3
      (Level 3 is a PBF reverse chin up or pull up)

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
      Bed at 11:30, up at 10.
      Surf MDA, searched the net for camping trailers, laundry, dishes…

I helped my Army Wannabe Son with his application forms.
      He’s taking them in tomorrow.
      Artillery Soldier…

I did a pretty good job of holding down the couch this afternoon

I’ll probably continue doing that this evening…
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I felt hungry. I think it was "mouth hunger" but I ate anyway.
        I had an apple cut up with a spoonful of macadamia butter drizzled on top.
        WOW!!!
        I LOVE Macadamia butter!!!
        The (hard) almond butter can go out in the compost pile

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been thinking about this 30 DONN thing and how it makes me aware of what goes in my mouth.
        I think that's a good thing, up to a point. It would be really bad if I crossed that point and it became obsessive.
        Good thing its only 30 days

I think the "thing" I'll get the most out of my 30 DONN will be this "awareness" of what I'm eating. And maybe the "why do I want this?"

I'm also realizing that I can do "absolutely no ___" easily. Well, fairly easily
        I think my problem is with the "in moderation" foods - for me - wine, chocolate, cheese, and now nuts...
        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• moderation sucks.

Comment

• LMAO!!!

I LOVE that
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I think my problem is with the "in moderation" foods - for me - wine, chocolate, cheese, and now nuts...
              Exactly the same for me

You've been having a great month so far, kudos to you for sticking to it.

And macadamia butter is awesome. Have you tried hazelnut butter? Pretty darn good as well. Oh, maybe I shouldn't tell you about that...
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• hazelnut butter?? Hmmm...

Add 6 almonds and 4 macadamia nuts to today's foods
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• More Jamaica Stuff

Jamaican Slang:

"Ya mon" - Yes
                  "Irie" - everything's good. It can also be a question "Is everything good?"
                  "Fluffy Diva" - What a large woman is called (or she refers to herself as). This is a GOOD thing...
                  "Wicked Wicked Bumper!" - A large "backside". This is also a GOOD thing...

Rum Cream is a favorite local drink

Stuff I learned:
                  School kids wear uniforms and start school at 3 years old
                  No corporal punishment
                  Teacher's take home pay - $1100 / month
                  Minimum wage - $55 / week
                  Income tax is 31%
                  GCT (sales tax) is 17%
                  Gas $1.50/Litre

They don't like to take out loans, so they build their houses gradually as they get money.
                  That's why there are so many half finished houses.
                  When their children grow up, they might build another floor above their parents house.

And some photos:

Ocho Rios (I think)

I like the name of this store

Colourful houses: (from inside the moving bus)

Another street shot:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• morning wnc... or I suppose it is evening over there.

I wouldnt mind having a wicked bumper

Comment

• It's 2:50 in the afternoon

I HAVE a wicked wicked bumper
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• ahh well it is nearly 9am here. nice to get an idea of people's time zones...

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                          I HAVE a wicked wicked bumper
                          If I could only keep that, but loose the rest...

And I agree, its nice to know the times
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• it is good that there are areas we like about ourselves and want to keep. I would kill to have a nice peachy bottom.... mine is seriously flat as a pancake. drives me mad. Of course I should do lunges and squats to get some shape, but dont...

I like my feet And even though I have chicken legs, I quite like them too and would like to build them up a bit... its just that flabby bit round the lower middle of my abdomen that i hate.

Comment

• I like my feet too

Yeah, the flabby, chubby bit around the middle has to go!
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                                Day 19

Food

L – Western Omelette, sweet potato fries
                                S – 10 macadamia nuts, 6 almonds and then a Chai with coconut milk
                                D – Left over roast beef, sweet potato, and cauliflower
                                S – 6 grapes and one thin apple slice - I might have more...maybe...

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                                Avoided

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                                PBF
                                L3 Pushup: 20, 20
                                L4 Squat: 20, 20 (concentrating on ‘form’)
                                L2 Overhead Press: 10
                                L2 Plank: 30 sec – wow, I’m outta practice…

Pullup Challenge
                                L2 Pullup: 8
                                L2 Chinup: 8
                                L3 Reverse Chinup: 2 They are getting slower

5 Tibetan Rites: 3X

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                                Bed at 12, up at 9:30 when my father knocked on the door.
                                This sent the Papillons flying down the stairs on full alert!

After he left, I got ready and the Farmer and I drove to the city to the place where we have our investments.
                                We took care of business and then went out for lunch.

Back home, I uploaded some more Jamaica photos, surfed MDA, and did some PFB.

And laundry and dishes…of course…

After supper I went to band practice and played for 2 hours
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X