Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a few more Jamaica photos.
    The Cool Runnings boat. That's my Farmer in front:

This tour included a Jerk Chicken lunch, snorkeling, a sail to Dunn's River Falls, climbing the falls and a loud, rum filled, dancing party on the boat on the way back.

Snorkeling:

In Dunn's River Falls:
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013, 04:52 PM. Reason: removed photos
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
      Day 14

Food

L – really BAS: romaine, hard boiled egg, cucumber, cauliflower, kiwi, plum, almond slivers, cranberries (um, I think that’s all) with bacon fat, garlic and balsamic vinegar. Chai with coconut cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa.
      4pm - A few macadamia nuts and a couple spoonfuls of coconut cream.
      D – Baked, skin on chicken thigh and drumstick, baked turnip, fried zucchini, mushrooms and onions. Strawberries and kiwi with coconut cream & cocoa. Chai with coconut cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Coconut cream with cocoa is a fairly good substitute for dark chocolate…(if I tell myself that enough times, I may believe it)

I straightened my hair today…not sure if that counts as a mistake or not

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
      PBF
      L3 Pushup – 20, 20
      L4 Squat – 35

Pullup Challenge
      Reverse Chinup: 2 They are getting a tiny bit slower, but still pretty much a ‘semi’ controlled fast drop

I was organizing some old computer files and I found a pdf about the 5 Tibetan Rites.
      I’d forgotten about them. I decided to try it again. (3 reps)

I have been slacking in my exercises for the past few days…must change that.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
      Bed at 12, up at 8:30, drove my daughter to school.
      Spent 45 minutes on the phone with Service Canada
      PFB, surf MDA, laundry, dishes…
      Just another day…

I tried a ‘new’ turnip recipe tonight. My Farmer had ‘accidentally’ bought a bag of frozen turnips instead of hashbrowns. I decided to cook them. I followed the recipe on the back of the bag. Cook the cubed turnip, mash it (I left it in cubes). Fry onions in butter, add turnip. Add egg yolks, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper. (I also added garlic). Whip egg whites, fold in. Place in ovenproof pan and bake ˝ hour.

Meh, looked like turnip cubes with tiny pieces of scrambled egg. Tasted OK, needed more garlic. Next time, I’d skip the egg and just put more spices in.

Here''s some photos, sorry about the poor lighting.

Turnip:

Zucchini, Mushrooms and Onions:

Chicken & Turkey Wing:

Last edited by winencandy; 02-09-2011, 07:14 PM. Reason: added Chai
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Next time
        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• love the photos... like how you keep slipping them through... and see how many you are in now!!!!

Nice how you are getting the dogs familiar with the muzzle. Such a good mum. I go to sleep with my two hefferlumps on me like that too.. one on my chest and one on my legs...

Comment

• Thanks. Yeah, I figured I'd better get them up before NourishedEm posts her Bali photos
            I guess I am in several of them...

I've got to get them used to a muzzle, I'm NOT putting them through that kind of stress EVER again!

It IS nice when they cuddle up with you at night
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Am liking the photos too! We have a similar one from Dunns River Falls taken on our honeymoon. Looks like you were having a grand time
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• It was a blast!
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm imagining myself in warm Jamaican waters~so jealous! It's freezing here
                  Results Pics:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Comment

• Originally posted by Mandolin View Post
                    I'm imagining myself in warm Jamaican waters~so jealous! It's freezing here
                    It helps to remember the warmth. I've got a few more, maybe tomorrow I'll post them.
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                      Day 15

Food

L – Soup: zucchini, cauliflower, some of last night’s turnip, garlic, ginger, and coconut cream, blended.
                      D – Stir Fry: beef strips, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, water chestnut, and bean sprouts. Kiwi with coconut cream (that I mixed with cocoa and vanilla) and slivered almonds. Yum!

Avoided!
                      After supper I made a box mix cake. Chocolate. I didn’t even want to lick the batter!

PBF
                      L3 Pushup – 20
                      L4 Squat – 30

Pullup Challenge
                      Reverse Chinup: – 2 They are getting slower, a fast, almost controlled drop

Myotatic crunches – 10

5 Tibetan Rites (3x)

Bed at 11:30, up at 8:30 and drove my daughter to school.
                      Surf the web and MDA, laundry, dishes…
                      I straightened my hair again today…

I opened the creamed coconut. It was hard.
                      Is it supposed to be so hard you need paring knife to cut it? This is what it looks like:

Army Wannabe Son had a high school hockey game today, a home game. I hadn’t seen him play yet this season. (insert Bad Mom guilt) so I decided I’d better go today. It was really good. I’ve missed watching him play. They tied 2-2. Lots of penalties (not for my guy), hits, and a fight at the end of the game. You know, high school hockey

Their last season game is Tuesday at 3. Another home game. Against the school I taught at for the past two years. I’ll know the kids. I’m going.

A few days ago, a sweet little old lady (my old kindergarten teacher) called and asked if I could do her a huge favour. Of course I said yes. She wanted me to bake a cake for Friday’s “Poor Boy’s Lunch” at the church I rarely go to. This is a soup (homemade) & sandwich fundraiser. After supper I made the cake, and for the 1st time, I didn’t lick the spoon after!!

So, tomorrow I’m to take the cake when I go for lunch…They always make really great soups (at least 4 or 5 different kinds) I will choose wisely and I will avoid the sandwiches.

Ben Kitty (we really gotta get her a new name) was checking out my new bag:

It's supposed to be a lunch bag. It's huge!!! I'm just going to use it as a bag. Maybe for groceries (it's insulated) or just for "stuff"

I like bags. I have tons of them.
                      Someone told me it was a Cancer thing...
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I opened the creamed coconut. It was hard.
                        Is it supposed to be so hard you need paring knife to cut it?
                        Yep, that's the stuff. It's harder with lower temps. In the summer, mine in the cupboard got all soft and squishy. When I first got some, before opening the plastic it's sealed in, I squished the lot around to incorporate the oil that had separated, and it stayed the soft texture (it was much warmer than now). Currently I'm keeping some in a small container at my desk at work that I take dip into with a spoon now and then.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          Yep, that's the stuff. It's harder with lower temps. In the summer, mine in the cupboard got all soft and squishy. When I first got some, before opening the plastic it's sealed in, I squished the lot around to incorporate the oil that had separated, and it stayed the soft texture (it was much warmer than now). Currently I'm keeping some in a small container at my desk at work that I take dip into with a spoon now and then.
                          OK. I wonder if I should warm it and mix it together or just continue to break off little pieces and eat them that way?
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                            Day 16

Food

L – Avocado, 2 hardboiled eggs, lemon juice and almond oil, left over chicken thigh, kiwi, a little bit of creamed coconut (1 oz?), a few macadamia nuts.
                            S – a pint of blueberries, a little bit of creamed coconut (1 oz?) a few macadamia nuts, a glass of coconut water.
                            D – Hamburger soup: ground beef, onions, carrots, frozen mixed veggies, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, jerk spice. A grape tomato and cucumber salad with macadamia oil and balsamic vinegar. A few blueberries, creamed coconut, and macadamia nuts. Chai with coconut milk.

I’m FULL

I went into the city and I DIDN’T stop at $tarbucks!!!!
                            I may have had too much macadamia nuts? About 3 oz in total.
                            And too much creamed coconut? Same amount.
                            (For lunch and my snack I’d packed the nuts and coconut in 2 oz glass jars and ate 1/2 at lunch and 1/2 at 3)

It’s Friday and I didn’t crave wine!!!!

Nope.

Bed at 11:30, up at 6 when the phone rang. The automated system that calls for supply teachers. Nothing like being jolted from a sound sleep and then trying to enter ID # and PIN # in the dark…

I got ready and left by 7 am. The job started at 8:25 an hour away. I asked my Army Wannabe Son to deliver the cake (I’m glad I made it the night before). So no "Poor Boys' Lunch" for me...I also asked the Farmer to take my Daughter to Physio. It was an easy supply job, great kids, no problems.

After work, I went to a “Health Food” store. I bought Macadamia Oil, Macadamia Butter, a coconut water and a beeswax voltive. Then I went to a Huge grocery store and bought coconut milk (on sale) and some raw almonds and macadamia nuts. Yup, I seem to be on a Macadamia nut kick. I think Mark’s post the other day influenced me

The Macadamia nuts I bought last time were awesome! These ones, (same brand) not so awesome...
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                              Day 17

Food

L – Wendy’s grilled chicken breast, lettuce & tomato. No sauce, no bun!
                              3 – pint of blueberries
                              D – chicken leg (covered with coconut flour and baked) leftover turnip bake and turnip, zucchini soup (combined) a banana, a few macadamia nuts, creamed coconut, Chai with coconut milk

NO bun or sauce with my chicken breast

Pullup Challenge
                              Reverse Chinup: – 2 They are getting slower

Myotatic crunches – 10

C25K – week 3, run 1 – 5 minute warm up walk, 90 sec jog, 90 sec walk, 3 minute jog, 3 minute walk, (repeat) then 5 minute cool down. During my cool down, I sprinted 3 X

Bed at 12, up at 10 when my sister called and wanted to know if I could leave earlier for running! (we were supposed to go at 11)
                              Yikes!
                              I quickly got ready, and we left for the indoor track.
                              (TMI warning)
                              Just when we were walking into the arena, my period started
                              I had left my purse at home and my sister had nothing, and there was no handy little dispenser machine in the arena washroom.
                              Really.
                              So I had to make a quick stop…
                              Anyway. It was a good run.

When I got home I tried several times to listen to Mark’s talk on the Health Debate. It kept quitting 15 minutes into the talk However, I discovered that Keithallenlaw has posted it on YouTube , so I’ll listen to it tonight.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• well done on not giving into the wine cravings! legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X