Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Nine Mile stuff.

Bob was born in his Grandmother's house. It's been expanded to include a bar and a show off room for Bob's gold and platinum albums, etc. Just outside this house is the small stage where Captain Crazy sang for us. Then we went through another set of gates and started the climb up the hill to the house and mausoleum.

After we'd taken our shoes off we went through Bob's mother's mausoleum.
    Then we went through his childhood house.
    The front.

The side.

You've already seen the photo inside the bedroom.

This was the outdoor kitchen. It was moved so they could build the mausoleum.

Here was the original stove.

And yes, there was pot growing inside the pot

And according to Captain Crazy, this rock is where he used to sit and meditate.
    Captain Crazy sang to us again while he sat on the rock.

And this is Bob Marley's mausoleum.

No inside photography allowed. "This is for you"

His brother is buried under him. We lit our candles and slowly walked around the marble vault, while Captain Crazy "smoked".
    I realized that I was trailing my hand along the marble...
    We were to make a wish and then blow out our candle and lay it in front of the tomb.
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-05-2011, 06:43 PM. Reason: I can't spell today
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Earlier today, somewhere in the MDA forums, I read about a primal hot cocao.

Coconut milk, cocao powder, and ??????

Do you think I can find it now....

Of course not

I'm watching Lord Of The Rings, The Two Towers and a cuppa hot cocao would be lovely...

ETA: Instead I made guacamole and ate it with pork rinds. This was the first time I tried pork rinds.
      The crunch was nice. I'd missed the crunch.
      Last edited by winencandy; 02-05-2011, 08:50 PM. Reason: guacamole and pork rinds
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Pork rinds are my chip alternative, there must be something pirmal about crunching food.

Hot cocoa... coconut milk, cocoa and... honey maybe? I find coconut milk sweet enough. I might add a little chilli powder
        My Journal

Comment

• i've never tried pork rinds. Must try sometime.

You're doing very well on your 30 DONN. Good that you got past the wine craving. Its not easy is it.

I lead such a boring life.
          sorry! compared to who??? Certainly not me

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
            Pork rinds are my chip alternative, there must be something pirmal about crunching food.

Hot cocoa... coconut milk, cocoa and... honey maybe? I find coconut milk sweet enough. I might add a little chilli powder
            There was no sweetener in it.
            I think there was cinnamon and nutmeg??? I wish I'd copied it down.
            Chili powder? Hmmm.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
            i've never tried pork rinds. Must try sometime.
            It's the first time I had them. You definitely know you are eating a pork product. There is a mild pork smell and taste.

You're doing very well on your 30 DONN. Good that you got past the wine craving. Its not easy is it.
            Thanks. Yeah, when the craving hit, it was like "Wow, I want!"
            For the most part, I find that having an absolute NO about a food/drink is easier for me than "in moderation".
            I find myself looking at foods and thinking, if I wasn't doing 30 DONN, I would have eaten that. Interesting. I wonder why...
            Mindless eating.

A couple examples from today:
            My daughter cut too much cheese, she offered me the extra. Normally I would have eaten it, if I was hungry or not.
            We bought red pepper hummus. I would have had some with a cucumber, but I told myself "Not this month".
            Hmmm.

sorry! compared to who??? Certainly not me
            I guess the "boring" came from the daily "Surf the net, do the dishes and laundry" that seems to be in every post

Funny that was in the post following Jamaica
            Last edited by winencandy; 02-06-2011, 04:27 PM.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
              Day 11

Food

L – left over roast beef, chunky guacamole, half of the young coconut very nice.
              Snack - half a container of blueberries
              D – left over roast beef, acorn squash and a salad: cucumber, red pepper, mushroom, cauliflower, a spoonful of bruchetta, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, the rest of the blueberries and a few pistachios
              *Snack - more of supper's salad and a few macadamia nuts.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
              I avoided all kinds of little food temptations today.
              Cheese, hummus, and bruchetta on a freshly toasted baguette.

I’m not sure if this belongs here or not…I keep wanting to weigh or measure myself.
              I know you’re not supposed to do that during Whole 30. I guess I should stick with that rule for my 30 DONN.

Some days I feel OK, some days I feel FAT, but judging by my clothes, I don’t think I’ve lost anything yet.
              I know, its only day 11, but, tomorrow its also been 5 months that I’ve been here.
              5 months of not a lot happening…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
              C25K – week 2, run 3
              4 sprints

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
              Bed at 1, up at 10.
              Lazy morning.
              My sister came and picked up my Daughter and I and we went into the city to the indoor track.
              A half hour walk/run

Then we went to Grocery shopping. Even though I spent $200 on food yesterday, I managed to spend $85 today. I forgot to look for creamed coconut, but I bought cucumbers for 80 cents! I bought 2 containers of organic blueberries to eat on the way home. One for me and one for my Daughter.

My evening will probably be spent with my butt on the couch. Surfing the net, or reading…

There’s nothing to watch on TV, because I guess there’s a football game???

ETA: This was my 1,100 post. In 5 months...

2nd ETA: Snack
              Last edited by winencandy; 02-06-2011, 09:12 PM. Reason: post # & snack
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I found the cocoa!!!!

It was on Diana Renata's Journal. Post # 3047

Made some cocoa (coconut milk, vanilla, cocoa powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.)
                I'd remembered everything except the vanilla
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm watching GLEE and it's great!!!!

Much better than that other football game
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The cocoa sounds awesome, will definitely try that.

Not into football huh? I am so with you there, I find myself completely unmoved by anything involving sweaty men and a ball.
                    My Journal

Comment

• 30 DONN
                      Day 12

Food

L – left over roast beef, chunky guacamole, a little bit of young coconut meat.
                      D – a large salad: cucumbers, cauliflower, carrots, apple, cranberries, sliced almonds, and romaine with bacon fat, garlic and balsamic vinegar dressing. Left over roast beef and squash. Peppermint tea at a meeting.
                      Band snack – apple slice, 2 mellon balls, 6 grapes

Well…somehow I managed to pull the muscle where my neck meets my back on the left side
                      But I avoided all the squares and cookies at band!

Nope
                      Um. My neck hurt. Yeah, that's it. My neck hurt

Bed at 12:20, awake at 6:30 long enough to text my Daughter to get up for band. I fell back asleep. At 6:50 I discovered that Army Son Wannabe had 7 am hockey practice, so he took my Daughter. At 9 I opened my eyes, but couldn’t stay awake. At 10, I tried again. I was successful at 11

I got ready, ate lunch and then drove into the city to hand in a time sheet for work. I also did a little shopping I bought an armband for my iPhone, ‘cause I was getting tired of holding it while I ran, a different set of ear buds to try, a really neat bag (it’s supposed to be a large lunch cooler, but that’s not why I bought it), a ceramic tea cup with a silicone lid (like a $tarbuck’s cup), some Anchor glassware (on sale), some sugar free coconut water, a box of creamed coconut and another young coconut.

I was home in time to unload the Beetle, start to assemble a 9 cube wooden shelving unit, and make a large salad. All before 5:15.

I had a meeting before band tonight. This is our 20th year, so we are planning a big concert.
                      I’m the only original member left. So of course I’m on the committee

I played at band for 2 hours. My shoulder was bothering me a bit.

After band, I finished assembling the shelving unit.

I’m going to bed as soon as I post this because I have to take my Father in Law to the doctor’s in the city.
                      The appointment is at 7:45 AM!!!
                      WHO makes a Dr's apt. at 7:45 AM????
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Productive day Nice shopping finds.

Glad to hear you found the creamed coconut, I think you'll like it. The first time I tried it I ate it plain out of the package and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Sweet, filling, and nommmy. A little goes a long way, especially mixed with melted dark chocolate, almond butter and coconut shreds, maybe some slivered nuts too. I've got hubby into it for his sweet cravings in the evenings too.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          Productive day Nice shopping finds.

Glad to hear you found the creamed coconut, I think you'll like it. The first time I tried it I ate it plain out of the package and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Sweet, filling, and nommmy. A little goes a long way, especially mixed with melted dark chocolate, almond butter and coconut shreds, maybe some slivered nuts too. I've got hubby into it for his sweet cravings in the evenings too.
                          That sounds wonderful I wonder if I could have that with cocoa instead of dark chocolate for my 30 DONN???
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                            Day 13

Yes, I'm still counting...

Food
                            B – I ordered an omelette with bacon, onions and mushrooms and a side of bacon. When it came, there was cheese in it
                            1 – Hot cocoa: coconut milk, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg - this is a keeper
                            5 – a few macadamia nuts
                            D – Steak, cauliflower, baked carrots, avocado and bruchetta salad, a couple kiwis. Chai with coconut cream

Well. I’ma gonna quote myself again:
                            While Whole 30 is a nice challenge to see how eliminating certain foods makes you feel, I think, if one isn't careful, it could turn obsessive.
                            We are no longer 'dieting'. This is a new way of eating. A new way of life. One that you are not supposed to obsess over every morsel that goes in your mouth. I think you did the best you could, BUT more importantly, you didn't let your 'diet' affect your life.
                            My Father in Law took me out for breakfast. To a little diner that he goes to often enough that the owner/waitress knew his order. I ordered a bacon, onion, mushroom omelette. I said no toast, no hash-browns, no orange juice, BUT, I did not specify NO cheese. (The other omelette choices all had cheese listed, so I thought I was safe with the one I ordered. I chose an omelette because I just can’t eat plain eggs without toast underneath…at least not yet). When it came there was cheese in it. I could not pick it out. I had two choices: send it back or eat it. I thought about it for about 30 seconds and then I ate it.

My reasons, in no particular order: I’m not allergic to cheese. Cheese is Primal. Cheese doesn’t bother my stomach. I wasn’t about to make a fuss and embarrass my Father in Law. It was partially my fault because I didn’t specify “No Cheese”, and finally, I remembered my comment to NourishedEm.

It was very greasy. My stomach felt uneasy for several hours after. I’m wondering about this now. Was it just because it was SO greasy? Or has no dairy for 11 days made me sensitive to it???

A couple of reasons that I'm still continuing to count my 30 DONN:
                            I'm doing this to see if I can kick start some weight loss, I'm not as concerned at this moment about food sensitivities, If I was, I would have said NO butter and called it Whole 30.
                            My biggest challenge for 30 DONN was/is alcohol. Surprised??
                            I wanted to really THINK about what I was eating.
                            My 20 % was creeping up.
                            and
                            I can identify with some of the things naiadknight said today.

Not today.
                            My neck is still stiff.

Bed at 11, up at 6:15
                            I got ready and drove my Father in Law to his 7:45 AM Doctor’s appointment.
                            After, he took me out for breakfast. I ate an omelette with cheese in it.
                            My thoughts on this are in the Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes section.

I visited with my Mother in Law when we got back. Her broken arm is slowly getting better.

I came home and cleaned my bathroom, did laundry, and washed dishes. I didn’t eat lunch because I wasn’t hungry.

I played with the Papillons, I’m introducing a muzzle to both of them. Slowly. So today I showed them the muzzle, I named it, I got them to touch the muzzle with their paws and with their muzzles, we partied and I gave them treats and then we quit for the day.

We had a small nap on the couch. Lily was on my chest and Josie was on my legs.

I cleaned up some things in my food cupboard. I still have sugar and flour. They were stored in Tupperware. Really old Tupperware. (20 years old) When you open it, it smells like plastic, I don’t think that’s good. I transferred the (evil) stuff into glass containers and pitched the Tupperware.

I parked my ass in the recliner after supper. I never seem to get anything accomplished after supper…

I have no energy. Where is all this Primal energy everyone talks about???
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              My reasons, in no particular order: I’m not allergic to cheese. Cheese is Primal. Cheese doesn’t bother my stomach. I wasn’t about to make a fuss and embarrass my Father in Law. It was partially my fault because I didn’t specify “No Cheese”, and finally, I remembered my comment to NourishedEm.
                              Good for you, I, for one, think you made the right choice.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              It was very greasy. My stomach felt uneasy for several hours after. I’m wondering about this now. Was it just because it was SO greasy? Or has no dairy for 11 days made me sensitive to it???
                              Sorry to hear about this though. I'm sure it was the grease, I had no trouble with dairy when I re-introduced it.

A couple of reasons that I'm still continuing to count my 30 DONN:
                              I'm doing this to see if I can kick start some weight loss, I'm not as concerned at this moment about food sensitivities, If I was, I would have said NO butter and called it Whole 30.
                              My biggest challenge for 30 DONN was/is alcohol. Surprised??
                              I wanted to really THINK about what I was eating.
                              My 20 % was creeping up.
                              These are all great reasons for continuing and I don't think a little cheese means you should give it up.

I have no energy. Where is all this Primal energy everyone talks about???
                              I was wondering that myself, then I upped my carbs. I'm starting to recover some of that energy now. I think a potential problem with the Whole 30 is that it can lower your carbs quite substantially. I don't think this is necessarily a good thing for energy levels, it isn't for me anyway. Try adding some sweet potatoes or yams or some other starch in to your day and see if it helps?
                              My Journal

Comment

• Thank you NourishedEm
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X