X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, you wouldn't think this:

could do that kind of damage...

Thanks for the <3
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Sugar and spice and all things nice? NOT!

just kidding, she's very adorable, we used to have a lovely little long haired chihuahua when I was a kid. Was an awesome buddy.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• 30 DONN
        Day 6

February Goals

1. 30 DONN (Whole 30, but with limited butter)
        2. Push the exercises
        3. SLEEP
        4. De-clutter my house - still

Food
        L – a Wendy’s grilled chicken breast, tomato slice and piece of lettuce. I asked for no sauce and I threw the bun away. A can of sugar free coconut water with pulp.
        2pm – a Lara bar
        D – 2 bowls of Venison chili with shredded carrots, mushrooms, onions and fresh guacamole. A tiny kiwi.
        I added a spoonful of coconut oil to the 2nd bowl.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
        I was in the city and hungry after my run, I decided the chicken breast at Wendy’s was the best of my choices. I threw away the bun.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
        My body-weight exercises were non-existent today
        BUT I ran: C25K – week 2, run 1
        5 min warm up walk, 90 sec of running, 2 min of walking (for 20 minutes) 5 min of cool down walk.
        During the last run, I sprinted for the last 30 sec. Well, it was more like a sprint for 15 sec and then a really fast run for 15 sec

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
        Bed at 12:30, up at 9.
        It was a PD day (exams finished yesterday), but my Daughter said her legs were too sore to run again. I think she just wanted to sleep in
        so I got ready, by myself, and drove into the city at 10. I met my sister at the indoor track.

I ran/walked with the Couch to 5 K plan.
        I can do a running lap in 90 seconds. 5 laps = 1km.
        I’m sure somehow, with that information, I could figure out my running speed…

After my “run” I took the waterproof disposable camera to WalMart to get “developed”
        That sounds weird seeing that I ended up with a CD…
        Anyway, if I get to it tonight, I'll post a few photos of Dunn's River Falls.

I got home in time to take my Daughter to her Physiotherapy session and her music lesson.
        Home for venison chili that my Farmer made

We are supposed to get a “baby Armageddon” snowstorm tonight. Well, that’s what the radio station is calling it
        We’ll see. They are predicting 20 to 30 cm of snow and blowing winds.

Fun

Tonight we'll fill up some water containers, (we are on a well and if there’s no hydro, there’s no water). There’s no school again tomorrow – another PD Day for the high school students. 2nd semester starts Thursday. My Beetle is safely parked in the barn, and I’m not going anywhere.
        Last edited by winencandy; 02-01-2011, 06:57 PM. Reason: forgot the coconut oil
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• the weather seems to be going wild all over the world! Stay home and stay safe

Sprinting sounds like it should be easy doesnt it, but actually it is really really hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
            the weather seems to be going wild all over the world! Stay home and stay safe
            The snowstorm has now been upgraded to a Blizzard.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
            Sprinting sounds like it should be easy doesnt it, but actually it is really really hard!
            Yup
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The Blizzard didn't happen.
              Wind, tiny tiny snow pellets, maybe 8 cm, rain @ 3am.
              Nothing this morning.

Oops, now it's snowing again. The tiny tiny pellets.
              Last edited by winencandy; 02-02-2011, 08:43 AM. Reason: update
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                We gots a crazy ice storm down here. A whole lotta folks lost power and heat & I am so grateful that I ain't one of them.
                I'm glad you've got power & heat.

This is what the radar shows here:
                http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar..._e.html?id=WSO

If you look straight above the V in Cleveland, on the coast of Lake Erie, that's me

Of course, looking at that, I gots some snow coming my way.

ETA big flakes now, falling at a 45 degree angle
                Last edited by winencandy; 02-02-2011, 09:37 AM. Reason: update
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Heehee
                  I found this:

I love Rick Mercer
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                    Day 7

Food

L – bacon, avocado, tomato, hard boiled egg salad with warm bacon drippings, lemon juice and garlic Tazo Chai Tea with coconut milk and cinnamon
                    D – Baked Haddock fillet, oven roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and onions (with olive oil, oregano and basil) a baked apple with cinnamon, almonds and coconut milk. Tazo Chai Tea with coconut milk and cinnamon

No butter today
                    No stupid mistakes, unless you count wasting the day doing nothing as a stupid mistake??

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                    Nada, zip, zero

Bed at 12, up at 9
                    Surfed the web, did laundry and dishes…
                    I stayed in my pj’s all day

I called the vet’s office (the place I’d taken Josie before Jamaica).
                    I called to cancel the X-ray appointment for tomorrow.
                    I told the receptionist that I was canceling it because of the way the vet treated Josie.

20 minutes later the vet called me back. I told her how upset I was with how she terrified Josie.
                    She apologized and said that she didn’t feel good after the appointment either. We talked for 15 minutes.
                    I don’t know if I’m going back to her or if I’ll go to another vet.

Evidently my cat, Ben Kitty, is a female, and she’s in heat…

So I need to make another call to another vet to arrange a spay…

I spent some time on-line researching the different vets in the area.
                    I may have found one. We'll see. There will be an interview this time. BEFORE I let the vet touch my pets.

I’m now watching UP It is such a cute movie.

I love Dug “My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.”
                    Last edited by winencandy; 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM. Reason: forgot the almonds
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• ok back up the truck... did I miss the story about the visit to the vet???? I just scrolled back 3 pages.... I am a terrible skim reader sometimes. What happened?

Comment

• Glad you survived the "giant" storm. Sounds like you had a lovely stay in lazy kind of day.

Good luck with the vet interview.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Suse, it was Jan 18, the night before we left for Jamaica:
                          Post # 723
                          Originally posted by winencandy View Post

and

I massaged it gently and it gradually popped back in place. This happened last night as well. It had previously happened at Christmas. Once it goes back in place, she hops up and runs around like nothing happened…

I called the vet’s and then drove her the ˝ hour to the office. I showed the vet the photos I ‘d taken in the morning. She needed to be muzzled ‘cause Josie’s a biter. Josie screamed bloody murder as they were putting it on. She also messed (both kinds) on me while they were putting it on
                          Just to clarify: Losing bladder and bowel control meant she was terrified!!!

I wanted to make sure the vet knew how upset I was.
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                            Glad you survived the "giant" storm. Sounds like you had a lovely stay in lazy kind of day.

Good luck with the vet interview.
                            Yup. I did NOTHING.

Thanks, here's hoping I can find a good one.
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              Suse, it was Jan 18, the night before we left for Jamaica:
                              Post # 723

Just to clarify: Losing bladder and bowel control meant she was terrified!!!

I wanted to make sure the vet knew how upset I was.
                              ah yes i remember now. Poor little thing. You'd think they'd have a happier way of getting a muzzle on. Maybe you need some dog appeasement pheromones (DAP) prior to visits to the vet. Hope you find a good one.

Comment

• 30 DONN
                                Day 8

Food

L – 2 eggs, mushrooms, and tomatoes cooked in bacon fat. Chai tea with coconut milk
                                D – an avocado with lemon juice and olive oil, a chicken leg, with skin.

PBF
                                L3 Pushup – 20, 20
                                L4 Squat – 30
                                L2 Plank – 50 sec – wow, I’m outta practice…

Pullup Challenge
                                L2 Pullup: 10,
                                L2 Chinup: 10
                                Reverse Chinup: – 2 They are getting a tiny bit slower, but still pretty much a ‘semi’ controlled fast drop
                                Static Hold: - 2 about 4 seconds each

Stair Sprints – 5x with two 5lb weights

Myotatic crunches (thanks NourishedEm) – 10

Bed at 12, up at 9.
                                PFB, surf MDA, laundry, dishes…
                                I called another vet clinic and talked to the receptionist for 10 minutes.
                                I’m going to take Josie there tomorrow for a “social” visit. A meet & greet.
                                More PFB, laundry…

Took my daughter to physiotherapy.

Ate an early supper

Tonight I have to go ‘volunteer’ work at a bingo.
                                An hour away and from 6-11pm.
                                big fun…
                                Last edited by winencandy; 02-03-2011, 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X