• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
    ETA:
    Are pork rinds Whole 30 or 30 DONN??
    Or are they considered processed??
    They're just fried pig skin. I guess it depends on the seasonings, but I say go for it
    My Journal

Comment

• well done on saying no to MacD's. not even one french fry. well done.

whats the story with you paps fighting. sounds like they get vicious. Perhaps you need a whistle (or something suitably loud) to break their attention on fighting before you step in.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        They're just fried pig skin. I guess it depends on the seasonings, but I say go for it
        OK

Originally posted by Suse View Post
        well done on saying no to MacD's. not even one french fry. well done.
        Thanks. Surprisingly, I didn't even want one...

whats the story with you paps fighting. sounds like they get vicious. Perhaps you need a whistle (or something suitably loud) to break their attention on fighting before you step in.
        Well, long story. Two females. The younger one is a bully, the older one is a softie, but she's finally had enough. Last night Josie (the younger one) jumped up on the couch practically on top of Lily (the older one) and the next thing I knew there was a fight right on top of me. I'm wondering if one of them might be coming into heat.

I'm working with a trainer.

Maybe I'll take a photo of the lovely bruise...
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• My University son just sent me this email:

"Hey mom, just found out Martin Freeman will be playing Bilbo in the Hobbit film coming up.
          You'd probably know him best from playing Arthur Dent from A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy film"

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
            Day 4

Food

L – Greensprout’s squash soup, with Coconut Milk instead of cream – 2 bowls
            D – roasted chicken, cauliflower, sweet potato (with a dab of butter), a salad with cucs, red pepper, carrots, cauliflower, and romaine tossed with a homemade balsamic, bacon fat, garlic dressing. I had a small bowl of frozen mixed berries while my Farmer had pie.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
            I avoided all sorts of poisons & stupid mistakes today , including pie.
            Except I somehow managed to get a blister on my index finger while I was cutting up the squash…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
            L3 Pushup – 15, 10
            Reverse Chinup: – 2 fairly fast ‘semi’ controlled drops
            Myotatic crunches – 10

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
            Bed at 11:30, (this seems to be my favorite bedtime) awake at 9, laid in bed until 10 with the Papillons (another favorite thing to do).
            Made Greensprout’s squash soup.
            Admired my beautiful bruise from the Papillon fight.
            Read Winter’s Heart, book 9 from The Wheel of Time series.
            Created a running playlist for my iPhone, but it’s really long (like 12 hours long)
            Hard boiled 4 eggs for the next time I get the munchies.

The gel polish on a couple of my nails is starting to lift off, so I soaked the polish off most of my nails. It takes a LONG time.
            I’m not very patient, so I try to peel it off too soon, which wrecks my nails…

I did a minimal amount of exercise today.

And the only thing I’ll probably accomplish tonight is holding down the couch.
            It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it
            Last edited by winencandy; 01-30-2011, 09:23 PM. Reason: forgot the butter
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• And the only thing I’ll probably accomplish tonight is holding down the couch.
              It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it
              haha, yeah I hear you girl! that is how my afternoon is panning out...

Comment

• My daughter and I just made (and ate) a repeat of dinner's salad
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• SO, here's a photo of my Papillon fight bruise.
                  This is the reason I haven't been doing very many Push ups or Pull ups for the past couple of days:

Oh, yeah, I took it while holding the pull up bar
                  Gotta show off my baby gun
                  Last edited by winencandy; 01-31-2011, 09:56 AM.
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• While I'm posting photos, here's one from Jamaica.
                    This guy was wearing a LOINCLOTH, and having a good time
                    I HAD to get a photo to show TAWFUNGUY

But I know TAWFUNGUY will look 100% better than this guy
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• oww that bruise looks nasty.

And I bloody hope TFG looks better than that guy!!!

Comment

• Nasty bruising, good grief.

I can't believe your loincloth guy photo...looks like something trapped in a time warp from a 1970s hippie nudist commune. But he's obviously not suffering from body image and self esteem issues, is he HAHA

Nice work thus far on your 30DONN. Keep it up and make us proud
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          oww that bruise looks nasty.
                          Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          Nasty bruising, good grief.
                          Yeah the bruise was hurting tonight during band practice. Holding my flute up for 2 hours was too much!

And I bloody hope TFG looks better than that guy!!!
                          No contest! TFG will blow him away

I can't believe your loincloth guy photo...looks like something trapped in a time warp from a 1970s hippie nudist commune. But he's obviously not suffering from body image and self esteem issues, is he HAHA
                          Time warp from a 1970s hippie nudist commune, heehee, I like that
                          The guy had just gotten married the day before to the woman in front of him.
                          He was from Quebec and he couldn't speak a word of English. He wasn't suffering from any issues.
                          I was sitting in my lounge chair, trying to get a photo without it being obvious. I had to take 8 before I got that one.

Nice work thus far on your 30DONN. Keep it up and make us proud
                          Thanks. Hopefully the tiny bit of cornstarch my Farmer put in the beef stew doesn't disqualify me
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 30 DONN
                            Day 5

Food

L Ė Squash soup with left over sweet potato, cauliflower, and chicken added in, as well as a chopped hard boiled egg.
                            D Ė Mushroom caps with sun dried tomato pesto, romaine salad with carrots cucs, mushrooms, red pepper, tomato, and the same bacon fat/balsamic vinegar garlic dressing as yesterday, a little bit of beef stew with carrots and onions over cauliflower, a small banana and a few almonds.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                            I had my mushroom caps WITHOUT cheese AND I convinced the Farmer to cook the corn separately from the stew, BUT my Farmer thickened the beef stew when I was out of the room , so I had a tiny amount of corn starch. Thatís why I only had a little bit of the stew, I tried to take as little gravy as possible. Does this "disqualify" me? Do I have to start over???

At band practice tonight, I avoided eating all kinds of cheese, crackers and dessert squares

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                            Not much, my arm aches.
                            PBF
                            L3 Pushup 15
                            Pullup Challenge
                            L2 Pullup: 8,
                            Static Hold: - 2 about 4 seconds each

Myotatic crunches (thanks NourishedEm) Ė 10

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                            Bed at 12, up at 7:45 Ė I know, AND surprisingly, I stayed up!
                            Some dishes and laundry Ė will it NEVER end???
                            I took the photo of my bruise and posted it, surfed a little MDA.

In the afternoon, I drove my daughter into the city and she got a purple Blackberry. She lost her phone a couple of weeks ago in the snow at school.

Once home, called my Army Wannabe Sonís insurance company to tell them he now had his full license (Ontario has graduated licensing) Of course, he got it back in October and I was just remembering to call... Anyway, the insurance company needed to know the other drivers in the house. I gave her the info on the Farmer and me. She asked about my University Son (by name, and I didnít mention him). I told her he was at University and didnít live here anymore. (Heís in a coop program, so he wonít even be here in the summer.) She asked about his accident in Dec 2003?ÖI said that was impossible, he was 14 years old in 2003! So now Iíve got to clear THAT up, somehow, its on his record! I should have called them months ago, Army Sonís rate went down $50/month!

After supper I had band practice. During the second hour my bruised left arm really started to hurt from holding my flute up.
                            I was glad when practice ended. It still hurts now
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              That’s why I only had a little bit of the stew, I tried to take as little gravy as possible. Does this "disqualify" me? Do I have to start over???
                              Not at all. That comes under the 'don't sweat the small stuff' banner. Remember what you said to me when I ate a little sugar at a Vietnamese restaurant during my Whole 30......?

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              "While Whole 30 is a nice challenge to see how eliminating certain foods makes you feel, I think, if one isn't careful, it could turn obsessive.
                              We are no longer 'dieting'. This is a new way of eating. A new way of life. One that you are not supposed to obsess over every morsel that goes in your mouth. I think you did the best you could, BUT more importantly, you didn't let your 'diet' affect your life."
                              It was very good advice

That bruise looks sore! Oh and I <3 your babygun
                              My Journal

Comment

• Thank you NourishedEm.
                                I'd forgotten...
                                And I think I will take my own advice
                                Last edited by winencandy; 01-31-2011, 10:01 PM. Reason: added last line
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X