No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh bugger the numbers... you are wearing your daughters clothes, the farmer is noticing, he'll probably wonder why you need another sledgehammer though!!!

not long to jamaica now... and we will want photos!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      oh bugger the numbers... you are wearing your daughters clothes, the farmer is noticing, he'll probably wonder why you need another sledgehammer though!!!

not long to jamaica now... and we will want photos!!!
      I don't know my numbers right now, I decided to not measure or weigh myself until Tuesday Jan 18.

Well, one shirt and one dress...lets not get carried away

Yeah, I haven't mentioned the Sledgehammer yet...

Yeah, I figured I'd have to provide some photos.
      I'll see if I can supply a photo of me in my daughter's dress...
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Mini Rant

I bought a small basil plant today. I thought I'd treat myself.

At the till, the cashier said "Oh I LOVE basil!" She buried her face in MY basil and took a LONG loud sniff!!!!

I stared at her, and then looked at my sister, she couldn't believe it either.

I felt like asking for another basil plant, but I didn't.

Can you believe it????

Now I gotta wash my basil plant...

/Rant
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I would have just said, sorry I dont know where your nose has been. You hang on to that plant while I get another! But then I dont particularly care when people think I'm being a bitch

Comment

I would have just said, sorry I dont know where your nose has been. You hang on to that plant while I get another! But then I dont particularly care when people think I'm being a bitch
            Yeah, I should have. But I didn't.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 5 Days 13 Hours 29 Minutes

Food
              12 – Bacon, avocado, mushroom salad with bacon fat and lemon juice. Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls
              3 – A Coconut Lara Bar
              D – Venison chili (there were a few of our black beans in it) avocado and carrot, broccoli, cabbage, onion ‘slaw.
              Baked apple with crème fraiche and a drizzle of maple syrup.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
              No candy, no chocolate, no wine!!!

Did you know that a Lara bar has 31 g of carbs?

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
              PBF
              L3 Pushup – 20

C25K – week 1, run 1 – this is 5 minutes of walking, then 60 seconds of running, 90 seconds of walking (cycled 8 times = 20 minutes) then 5 minutes of walking. I have an app for my iPhone

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
              Bed at midnight (again) and up at 8. I drove my daughter into school at 8:30.
              I did some dishes, L3 Push-ups, and finally talked to someone about my farming question!

I wasn’t really hungry but I thought I should eat something before I went ‘running’, (if you can count 8 minutes of running during 30 minutes of walking as ‘running’) so I had the 'salad' (Is it still salad if there is no lettuce?)

I drove into the city to meet my sister at the arena. There is a padded indoor track above the ice pad. There were a LOT of people using the track, mostly walking. I started out with my coat on for the first couple laps then ditched it for my warm-up shirt. About ¾ of the way through, I was down to a bright lime green tank top

I did the whole thing. No problem. I tried to be conscious of landing on the balls of my feet, not my heels. My sister mostly jogged occasionally stopping to walk. My running pace was faster than hers. BUT she ran more than me…

I need better ear buds for my iPhone. And maybe somewhere to hold it. I got tired of holding it in my hand, so I tucked it in my bra

After we finished, I bought a few groceries and had the “Basil incident”
              On the way home I had the Lara bar.

Supper’s over, I’m on the couch. I feel like I should do some exercises, ‘cause I didn’t do any of my ‘regular’ things today.
              I keep forgetting that I ‘ran’. I might get the pull-up bar out…
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm HUNGRY!!!

I had a cereal bowl full of chili, an avocado, and apple with 3 tsp of creme fraiche at 5:30.

8:30 ETA: I just ate 2 pieces of bacon and a few of Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls...

9:20 ETA: I just ate the last 2 pieces of bacon...
                Last edited by winencandy; 01-13-2011, 07:22 PM.
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  Did you know that a Lara bar has 31 g of carbs?
                  Wow, that's a whole days worth of carbs for me!

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  C25K – week 1, run 1 – this is 5 minutes of walking, then 60 seconds of running, 90 seconds of walking (cycled 8 times = 20 minutes) then 5 minutes of walking. I have an app for my iPhone
                  C25K is a great program, I must start that now I'm fitter.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  And maybe somewhere to hold it. I got tired of holding it in my hand, so I tucked it in my bra
                  That's where mine lives It's the same when I go out dancing, my bra holds my door key, lipstick and money!

Only 5 days till your holiday! You must be so excited I've got 36 days to go till Bali and I'm already going nuts!
                  My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                    Wow, that's a whole days worth of carbs for me!
                    I've never really figured out how to count carbs - other than reading a label. But I don't eat anything with a label anymore...except for the Lara bar...

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                    C25K is a great program, I must start that now I'm fitter.
                    I hope its a great program, 'cause that's what I'm using

That's where mine lives It's the same when I go out dancing, my bra holds my door key, lipstick and money!
                    It's a great little pocket

Only 5 days till your holiday! You must be so excited I've got 36 days to go till Bali and I'm already going nuts!
                    I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be...not sure why...maybe some of the following:
                    1. Usually part of me doesn't really 'believe' I'm going until the plane lands...
                    2. I think this will probably be our last all inclusive southern resort...this will be our 5th trip to an all inclusive. (My Farmer said this last night too) The desire just isn't there. We'd rather do other things. Vegas, the Grand Canyon, New Orleans, England, Scotland, Europe, Africa, New Zealand, or maybe south (America), but NOT at a resort. Also, I've never explored Canada. I haven't been further west than Tobermory, and the farthest East I've been is Montreal. So many places to visit!
                    3. I've been so obsessed with getting my body 'bathing suit' ready, and its not gonna make it in time...sigh. Well, it will be 'acceptable', better than if I'd done nothing, but not what I'd hoped...
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• WOOT!!!

We just put 273 lbs of pasture raised Texas Longhorn Beef in our freezer!!

The best part: We only paid for the cutting and wrapping. My uncle raises the Longhorns and my Farmer trades him our wheat straw for his beef!!!
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• doing the c25k will drop some weight off you for sure I think. something about running that jiggles all that fat around... I hate running though, but i know from when i was doing boot camp that it is effective. I went for one run when I was in fiji (along the beach) and I was quite surprised at how far I went before I had to stop to catch my breath... my fitness training last year has definitely stayed with me a bit - I really should get back into it.

You'll have a wonderful time in jamaica, and your bod will look just fine in your bathing suit.

yes come to NZ, you'll love it here!

Comment

doing the c25k will drop some weight off you for sure I think. something about running that jiggles all that fat around...
                          Oh, I hope so

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          You'll have a wonderful time in jamaica, and your bod will look just fine in your bathing suit.
                          I plan on having a great time, and I hope so (Did I mention that there is an "au Naturel" section to our resort?) Not that we plan on going there - $85/day/person...

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          yes come to NZ, you'll love it here!
                          Some day...
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 4 Days 15 Hours 20 Minutes

Food
                            5 – 3 cheese stuffed mushroom caps
                            D - Texas Longhorn Sirloin steak, baked sweet potato, cauliflower, fried onions and mushroom stems, Chai with a teaspoon of crème fraiche

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                            No candy, no chocolate (yet)
                            About 3 small glasses of wine…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                            PBF
                            L3 Pushup – 20, 20

Pullup Challenge:
                            L2 Pullup: 8, 8
                            L2 Chinup: 8, 8
                            Static Hold: - 2 about 3 seconds each

Myotatic crunches (thanks NourishedEm) - 10

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                            Bed at 10:45! I know. Crazy.
                            Up at 8:45 to drive my daughter to school.
                            MDA time, dishes, laundry, Vit D & other stuff, exercises,
                            Put 273 lbs of Texas Longhorn beef in the freezer!

I have a straw hat I bought in Playa del Carmen a few trips ago. It’s been abused, drenched with seawater, squashed, etc. This afternoon I soaked it in the sink, sprayed it with spray starch and blew it dry (while wearing it). It has regained its shape!

Date night: The Farmer and I are going grocery shopping tonight
                            Last edited by winencandy; 01-14-2011, 04:08 PM. Reason: forgot countdown!
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• whoa, myotatic crunches. good. I must try them. might get the swiss ball out of the garage today!

Comment

• I don't have a ball, but I have a really large cushion.
                                I think I'm doing them right.
                                I can feel them.
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X