No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah... sad Funny I said exactly the same thing just the other day, ie, 'cancer sucks'
    look after yourself ... and the farmer...

Comment

• Thank you everyone.
      The funeral was today. Lovely service. The grandchildren talked. Great eulogy. Beautiful solo.
      I cried

Now, I want chocolate. Or candy. Or gummy bears.
      Or all of the above.
      Maybe I should just go to bed. (It's 9:25pm)

But the kids are watching "The Interview" so I might stay up and watch it with them.
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Under the circumstances, I'd say a 20% treat is allowed. Glad the service went well.
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Since the funeral: Lots of wine, (not counting), 1 bag of Real Fruit Gummies, and 4 squares of Lindt 85%

Pretty good for me.
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Drywall in kitchen all sanded. Kitchen & mud room wiped down.
            Ready to prime.
            No colours picked yet...
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Today is the 2 year 'anniversary' of Surfer Son's near drowning.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Doesn't seem like it's been that long!
                Female 55

Comment

• Everything I think of to say sounds weird. But just so glad you still have him. (Even that so weird, like, 'of course!'. But I hope you know what I mean.)

Comment

• Thank you

Time flies
                    And I know what you mean
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Gee was that really 2 years ago! our lives are just flashing away before us. Hope he is all good and well and happy now. And you of course <3

Comment

• It's been a while...

If there's anyone still on that remembers me...

Still Primal (mostly)
                        Well, Gluten Free.
                        And definitely too much wine...
                        And the exercise portion has vanished.
                        So, maybe not Primal, but GF.

We've had an extremely stressful time since I've last posted.

Where to begin?

After my Father In Law's cancer diagnosis and death, Surfer Son had a psychotic breakdown and believed he'd caused his grandfather's cancer and death.

Let that sink in. Imagine truly believing that you caused the death of a loved one. Imagine living with that guilt every waking moment.

This was worse than Peru.

Needless to say, this hit us hard.

He's in a really great program: PEPP, with a Psychologist, Case Worker & social activity programs. He's been in PEPP since he was released from hospital (March 2015) and he's slowly making progress. He's starting to realize that not everyone else believes the same.

I have gained an obscene amount of weight.
                        Obscene
                        I hate my body.

That should do for now.
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey!! So pleased to see you back. I've often thought of you.Stressful times indeed. Glad surfer son is doing better, I remember well all you went through since his accident.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Don't hate! I am glad you have found your way back and the cool thing about weight is that it can be lost. So glad son is in good treatment.
                            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Winencandy!! Welcome back. So glad Surfer Son is in a great place. I'm looking forward to to hearing your success in kicking the extra weight's butt until you are back to the body you want.
                              Female 55

Comment

Working...
                              X