No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not perfect eating today. GF pepperoni at lunch, GF chocolate cake at supper.
    Salmon patties for supper

Wine and dark chocolate

5 hours of painting wainscotting. My back is not happy.

10 minutes outside with the butterflies. Brrrrr.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• At least it was GF...
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Supply teaching today. Up at 5:45. Yuck, I hate waking in the dark.
        -21C on my drive in the dark.
        Hall duty in the morning, so I walked for 20 minutes around the halls.
        Shopping (with no luck) for a bathroom vanity.
        Gave myself a mini pedi while watching Schitt's Creek (CBC with Eugene Levy & Catherine O'Hara) because my heels were so rough they were catching on the carpet

Foods: Today started out good, a chai and then "lunch" at 10:30 (gotta love high school hours) I had a baked chicken breast cut up with an avocado and lime. Then I went shopping and got shaky hungry. I stopped at the bulk food store for more chai and almonds. Then I bought dark chocolate, a coconut/date roll, (not too bad) then...I bought chips and hummus...and gummy bears...and I ate them on the way home...Primal fail.
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• NEGATIVE 21 C?

Lordy, lordy.

Comment

• Nice to see you back WNC. I want to see a pic of you with long hair!

I've joined this vimify thing... is there a challenge that I need to sign up to... I can see a 21 day primal blueprint thing that starts in Feb. Or have I missed the boat of what you are all doing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
              Nice to see you back WNC. I want to see a pic of you with long hair!

I've joined this vimify thing... is there a challenge that I need to sign up to... I can see a 21 day primal blueprint thing that starts in Feb. Or have I missed the boat of what you are all doing...
              I think I found you there, fav food being crushed grapes? Laughed my ass off
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Today's Vimify question: how's the sugar cravings?

My answer:
                I have a Dragon and she NEEDS sugar. Sometimes she goes away for weeks, (occasionally months) but when she comes back, watch out! She is LOUD and insistent and will NOT be denied. There is no known 'trigger' for her arrival, and no easy way to kick her to the curb (she IS a dragon!) She came in quick and destroyed my good intentions on Tuesday. Then just as quickly flew off (hopefully to pester someone else for a long while - but you never can tell with Dragons)
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Yeah, she visited me yesterday!
                  My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                    Yeah, she visited me yesterday!
                    Sorry
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I keep trying to upload a photo through the iPad app, but it refuses to work for me
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                        I keep trying to upload a photo through the iPad app, but it refuses to work for me
                        Try on your iphone with the tapatalk app. It always works for me.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                          Today's Vimify question: how's the sugar cravings?

My answer:
                          I have a Dragon and she NEEDS sugar. Sometimes she goes away for weeks, (occasionally months) but when she comes back, watch out! She is LOUD and insistent and will NOT be denied. There is no known 'trigger' for her arrival, and no easy way to kick her to the curb (she IS a dragon!) She came in quick and destroyed my good intentions on Tuesday. Then just as quickly flew off (hopefully to pester someone else for a long while - but you never can tell with Dragons)
                          Ok, here's my thought on this. Feel free to dismiss, ignore, or whatever.

By giving the sugar craving a name and a personality, you give it power. Makes it an external force over which you have no control. That takes away your perception of control, thus "it's not my fault. The Dragon did it". YOU are in control. You may choose to deviate from your intended plan, but that's a conscious choice.

<rant from the peanut gallery>
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I quite like calling it the dragon because it sounds so much better than "I am weak and have absolutely no willpower". The dragon is a f**king pain in the ass.. excuse my French.

Comment

• You both have very valid points
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm 'doing' the 21 day challenge, but my heart just isn't into it. Bad timing, I guess.
                                It's January in Ontario
                                I'm renovating the family farmhouse (that is now ours because)
                                My father in law is in the final days of bone cancer.
                                And
                                My mother in law has Alzheimer's and is with him at the nursing home, thinking she's going to move back home after he dies.
                                Not exactly the way/reason I'd like to move there.

However, I really 'need' to do something cause I've gained 20 lbs since I turned 50 this summer.
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X