Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    nice to see you back... asparagus... your pee will be smelling funny
    Hahaha! Yup, we've had fresh asparagus from our garden every night since May 9th!

Re the belly, talk to me in a couple of months and I'll tell you if the cool sculpting works.

Glad to hear the family is all doing well.
    Can't wait to hear!
    Thanks
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Well, I think it's slowly working.
      146 this morning.
      I changed 3 things.
      No heavy cream or honey in my morning Chai
      No wine Monday - Thursday.
      Shortened my "eating window" 2pm - 7pm (a little more lee way on the weekends)
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Amazing how a few small changes can make a difference.

Hope to see you around here a little more often .

Am jealous of your asparagus. The first pickings of the local stuff here are just barely coming out.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
          Amazing how a few small changes can make a difference.

Hope to see you around here a little more often .

Am jealous of your asparagus. The first pickings of the local stuff here are just barely coming out.
          Yes, the few small changes are surprising.
          Today I hopped back on the scale, to check if yesterday was a fluke.
          This morning's weight: 142.
          My body is SO weird.
          4 lbs in 24 hours?
          Really?

I'll try to "be here" more. Probably won't do daily updates....
          I'll try to visit my MDA friends more too. Won't post every time, but I'll read.

(Almost getting sick of asparagus)
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• So, I realized last night that I'd actually changed one other thing.
            I've been eating a 1/2 plate of asparagus every night.
            What if it's the asparagus?
            What will I do when the season ends!
            A few sprigs are starting to go to seed already.

Will I have to BUY asparagus???
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Well, I can see how they could have a cleansing effect, despite they way they make your pee smell. And you might be eating asparagus instead of poorer choices.

It's always in season somewhere!
              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Asparagus diuretic detox?

Hubby says it makes his pee smell funny (was concerned about it until he read that it's common), but I don't notice any difference.

Weird.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• yes perhaps it is the natural diuretic effect that is helping with the weight loss... and not drinking wine 4 nights a week. ugggh, don't think I could do that... I read a great saying the other day...

a life without wine is like a pencil without lead.... pointless!

Comment

Asparagus diuretic detox?

Hubby says it makes his pee smell funny (was concerned about it until he read that it's common), but I don't notice any difference.

Weird.
                    I believe the ability to smell it is genetic - some people just can't smell it.

For myself, I seem to learn to metabolize the chemical - if I don't eat asparagus for a long time it is potent, but as I eat it day after day the smell goes away. Or maybe I become desensitized? Hard to believe I could become desensitized from such an odor!
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Turning 50

In one week.
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Am I invited to the party ?
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Am I invited to the party ?
                          I'd say ABSOLUTELY, but they surprised me on Saturday

Great party, even if I only made it till 11pm...

They built a bar that looked like a theatre stage

All my children were there (even Eldest, who lives in Toronto)
                          My sisters (who live near Ottawa)
                          My parents
                          My band conductor/friend
                          AND
                          My kindergarten teacher!

About 40 people

Gluten free meatballs and cupcakes
                          Salads

Beautiful, warm, awesome night.
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• No Quebeckers though.

>;D
                            "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
                              No Quebeckers though.

>;D
                              Meaty!!!! How are you darlin?

No, no Quebeckers.

However, I am heading to Montreal this weekend. With my 2 sisters and our 3 daughters.
                              Well, I'm leaving home tomorrow with my daughter. Visiting in Ottawa area before and after. We are taking the Mega bus into Montreal on Friday and back on Sunday. No one wanted to drive in Montreal.

I'm packed! Too much. Again. 7 days = 16 tops, 6 bottoms, 3 dresses, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 scarves, bathing suit, various undergarments (and tights), and a jacket. All in a carryon sized suitcase! Plus a backpack for my "stuff" including DSLR, iPad, chargers, purse stuff, sunglasses, etc. I may need help. I think I have to get rid of a few tops...
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• If you pack less you have an excuse to buy more! simple

Happy 50th. Once you get over the actual hurdle of turning 50, its not so bad. A surprise party.... I think I would both love it and hate it...

Comment

Working...
                                X