Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Day!

Discovering more flowers:

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Ooh, what are those polka-dotted purple ones? They look like something out of 'Alice in Wonderland'.

Comment

• Countdown to Scotland:

59 Days, 23 Hours, 10 Minutes!

Tuesday

I helped Surfer Soon paint his Bait Shop this morning. (Turned down a teaching job to do it)

I had a HI lesson at 2, then went to the High School to help with a dress rehearsal of the play we did last month. They are performing it tomorrow morning for the 7's & 8's. About 200 kids. Biggest audience yet! I'm going to help tomorrow morning.

While at the school I got asked if I'd do Home Instruction for a 4th student! Yikes! I'm pretty sure that puts me at the limit of what I can handle. Of course I said yes...

So now I have 4 Home Instruction Students!
        1st has 2 courses
        2nd has 1
        3rd has 2
        4th has 3

I think I might be crazy!! Or I'm headed there shortly!

Next post will be about today's hunting adventure

Winencandy's Oops Checklist

No wine.
        Tiny square of chocolate (6 grams, 33 cal)

I have a feeling I'm consuming more whipping cream than I think I am. I bought a 1L carton today, let's see how long it lasts. I'll try to NOT change my consumption rate.

I forgot to mention that we feasted on our own fresh cut asparagus again tonight! With Pickerel caught by a friend!
        Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013, 05:59 PM. Reason: forgot the foods
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          Ooh, what are those polka-dotted purple ones? They look like something out of 'Alice in Wonderland'.
          I have NO idea! I love them. Of course, they are right where I'd planned on building a deck. Guess there isn't going to be a deck. HALF of these flowers are from this one spot.
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• My Hunters

I took the Butterflies and Kiya outside this morning.

Orbie still HATES it outside. The outside is an evil place and how dare I put her there

We went into the greenhouse, where Kiya smelled a mouse:

She hunted for about 20 minutes or so:

(Click to watch the video)

She "caught" it with her paw. It squeaked and she let it go!
            Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM. Reason: video link
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• My Hunters (part 2)

After she gave up, I put her in the house. When I came back out, Lily had taken over the hunt! Only SHE meant business! No reaching between the slats for her. She tossed them aside like they were twigs

I LOVE watching her tail here

This is a video. Click on it to watch it in a new window.

Finally, Lily was successful! She caught a mouse! Of course she didn't kill it right away I thought I'd have to kill it...but she did. Then, she saw another one! She left the 1st one (which I quickly removed) and went after the 2nd. She killed this one faster. I praised her "What a GOOD JOB Lily! You got that mouse!" Then she decided to guard the mouse.

Well, I don't allow guarding here. She gets all evil and growly and crouches over her prey, but doesn't eat it. She can guard for HOURS! I didn't have hours, so I got the laundry basket. When Lily guards, I put the basket (upside down) over her and then remove what ever she's guarding.

I put Josie in the house (to prevent a fight) and brought the laundry basket into the greenhouse. Lily went right at the basket to attack it. I plopped it over her and scooped up the mouse (in a pot) and then let her out. I showed it to her and said "No guarding" and I took it out and tossed it over the fence and into the field.

Fun with pets
              Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013, 06:46 PM. Reason: video link
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                Ooh, what are those polka-dotted purple ones? They look like something out of 'Alice in Wonderland'.
                I posted the photo on Facebook and one of my friends said they are called fritillaria mileagris.
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdown to Scotland:

58 Days, 21 Hours, 25 Minutes!

Wednesday

Went to the school to help with the plays @ 9. Then visited with the Drama teacher till lunch. Lunch was spent sourcing content for my 4 Home Instruction Students! At 1 I went to HI #1's place. We finished reading Lord of the Flies.

Once home, I took the Butterflies for a walk to gather asparagus for supper. Again

Here's tonight's haul:

After supper, I organized some HI things.

Someone posted this on Facebook:

The knowledge is starting to get out there.

No wine.
                  No sugar.

STICKER!
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm supremely jealous of your foraged asparagus.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                      I posted the photo on Facebook and one of my friends said they are called fritillaria mileagris.
                      Sounds like 'miraculous frittata'. I like it.

Comment

• Ladies, you made me smile
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdown to Scotland:

57 Days, 21 Hours, 13 Minutes!

Thursday

Supply teach. Had one grade 9 boy test me. Ugh.
                          I opened a bottle of wine when I got home.
                          Drank 1/2 of it.

It's Lily's 6th Birthday today

Here's today's asparagus:

1/2 bottle of wine.
                          3 tiny squares of dark chocolate (6 grams each)

No sticker

STICKER!
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Ugh for grade 9 boys. I totally understand the wine :P.

<and more asparagus envy >
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Friday

Busy day, running around, Home Instruction stuff. In between students I stopped at the school, picking up more curriculum. 4 students, 3 stops at the school...After "school" I had the 2nd half of the bottle of wine. And then after supper 3 of the tiny 6 g squares of chocolate. Really, they are so tiny it seems like it takes more time to unwrap them than to eat them

And Greensprout, we had more asparagus for supper:

Here's my portion:

1/2 bottle of wine.
                              3 tiny squares of dark chocolate (6 grams each) followed by a hot chocolate Chai.

No sticker
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Now I want asparagus!
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X