Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MayDay

Wednesday

Supply teaching. Shopping. Bought a T-shirt, some loose tea and Sriracha sauce. Beautiful day! 24 C! We had our FIRST ASPARAGUS of the season tonight!! 1st from our new garden Of course, there was only enough for a tease...

I took 2 rows of crinoline out of Daughter's dress. I can take it out, just don't ask me to put it BACK
    There is a HUGE garment bag FULL of crinoline. The dress is "flow-ier", but still not "perfect" again. Yet...

Game of Thrones - 2 episodes

Winencandy's Oops Checklist

Very good day again today!!!
    No Alcohol - but I thought about how nice it would be to enjoy a glass of white outside....
    No sugar
    NO Oops's

Another Sticker Day!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I bought GOT2 a few weeks ago, but I'm 'saving it' for a good time. Maybe Father's Day. Don't know if I can wait until Honey's birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        I bought GOT2 a few weeks ago, but I'm 'saving it' for a good time. Maybe Father's Day. Don't know if I can wait until Honey's birthday.
        We JUST finished watching Season 2 five minutes ago!
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdown to Scotland:

64 Days, 21 Hours, 30 Minutes!

Thursday

Daughter had a 6 week apt. with the surgeon. Things are good. Then we went prom dress shopping.
          Again.
          A coupe possibilities. One is the same one that one of her good friends wants...

to be continued

More shopping. I bought a new wireless router (well, actually I bought 2 - another one for University Son) I haven't set it up yet. My old one is about 7?? years old. I also bought a few things for University Son's new place and capris and a skirt for my Daughter. I bought a T-shirt. Managed to spend almost $600! Yikes!

We finished Season 2 of Game of Thrones tonight. 3 episodes

Very good day today!!!
          No Alcohol
          There was some sugar in the Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (I didn't eat the pecans and I ordered a half size)
          I did NOT steal any of Daughter's fries!

Sticker Day, or not???
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'd say yes to a sticker day .

Good luck with the continuing prom dress saga. Glad to hear all's good with daughter's post op knee. Will she be able to resume soccer this season?

That's one heck of a shopping day!!
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Ok, I'll give myself a sticker

No soccer this season.

Ya, and I only got a T-shirt...
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdown to Scotland:

63 Days, 22 Hours, 14 Minutes!

Friday

Home Instruction, supply for the afternoon, talked to last semester's Home Instruction Student about taking another credit. I rode for a couple of rounds on the tractor with my farmer. Planting corn into the cover crop of rye. Talk about no till Then I laid out in the yard with my Butterflies, enjoying the sun. 20C. Stir fry for supper. After supper I hooked up the new router. I gave it a name. hal2013

Hockey is on the tv
                Playoffs
                yea

1/2 bottle of white
                No sugar

Photos coming
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• On my walk into the "backyard" with the Butterflies. This is behind our 3rd barn:

This is beside the 3rd barn:

Here's my Farmer planting corn into the rye cover crop. This is an extreme version of "no-till":
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• May the 4th be with you!!
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Oh, not you, too!

Comment

• Yup!
                        Me too
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdown to Scotland:

62 Days, 22 Hours, 21 Minutes!

Saturday

I went to a "Home Party" show. Weird, I know. You know how small towns have Craft Shows? Well, this was kinda like that. About 20 different Home Party businesses displayed in a community hall. Let's see if I can remember some of the businesses...Tupperware, Avon, Pampered Chef, PartyLite Candles, SheBella (purses), Steeped (teas), Enjo (cleaning cloths) and Xocia Chocolates. Of course I bought some chocolate. The sales lady was going on and on about how healthy the chocolates were...I liked the taste.

In the afternoon I helped Surfer Son and his Girlfriend paint the Bait Shop, then I came home had an iced tea and painted a doorbell post at our back door. I'll post before and after when I'm finished. Then I raked the Butterfly yard. University Son cut it while I was painting, it was really long and needed raking. This tree is flowering in my side yard. I wish I knew what it was...

Surfer Son and Girlfriend BBQd burgers. I picked asparagus and mashed an avocado.

Hockey is on the tv - again. I made a hot chocolate Chai. It was AWESOME!

No wine. I had iced tea instead. (Rosehip Hibiscus??? Maybe. I can't remember what it's called, but it's red.)
                            I had chocolate. A little square of the Xocia (But it's supposed to be GOOD for me!) and then the hot chocolate Chai (made with dark chocolate chips, whipping cream and a Chai bag)
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Sunday

Cleaned house. Spent time outside with the Butterflies. Roast chicken for supper with fresh asparagus from our garden University Son took the car back to Guelph loaded with stuff for his new place. Daughter wasn't happy about loosing the wheels for 2 weeks...

2nd 1/2 of Friday night's bottle.
                              Another little square of dark chocolate.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdown to Scotland:

60 Days, 20 Hours, 53 Minutes!

Monday

Call at 8 to supply teach at 9 at the local school. Good day. Gave Daughter a ride, then she took the car to physio during her spare. Walk back to the barns with the butterflies after work.

After supper I stopped at the community theatre to pick up a prop chair for tomorrow. While I was loading it in my car, the director for the up-coming fall play formally asked me to be her Stage Manager. She said they wouldn't practice on Mondays. (when I have band - more on that in the next paragraph) I said yes.

Last band practice before the concert next week. Our conductor is stepping down after this concert. I've been asked to introduce the concert and dedicate it to the conductor next week at the concert. (I'm the only original member left). I'll probably cry. I've asked a guy to be my backup Thing is, I've been debating quitting band too. Part of me thinks I'm only still in band 'cause I'm the only "Charter Member" left (22 years)...not maybe the best reason to stay. I don't practice, I don't look forward to going to practice. I usually have to talk myself into it. I have fun while I'm there. I enjoy visiting with everyone....idk...I don't want to say anything, 'cause next week's concert is going to be all about the conductor leaving, I don't want to distract from that. I guess I still have time to think about it. Band won't start up again till September. Maybe it's time to shift from music to drama...

So, at band practice, I started thinking that this could be my LAST practice. And wouldn't you know, I had to get up and leave 'cause I started crying.

Sure, I can cry about THAT, but it took me WEEKS to cry about Surfer Son???

WTFs wrong with me???????

By all rights, I SHOULD have been a complete basket case during AND after Surfer Son's near drowning.
                                But I didn't/couldn't let myself.

No wine.
                                No chocolate.

Small sliver of cheesecake, left the crust
                                Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013, 06:36 AM. Reason: forgot the cheesecake
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X