Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday

I slept in till 9. I marked some Home Instruction assignments and did more Stage Manager stuff.
    Home Instruction lesson in the afternoon.
    It was colder to day. About 5 C
    Easy evening, but no internet or tv. We had a thunderstorm, so I shut the electronics off. Although I did manage to play Skylander on my phone

Winencandy's Checklist
    Basic Primal- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped up with a left over slice of bacon (that's rare around here!) Balsamic and avocado oil, Brazil nuts, dried mango slices (I have a big Costco bag. I shouldn't buy it again) pepperoni, 4 year old cheddar, spaghetti meat sauce with onions and mushrooms, a few frozen blueberries with whipping cream
    Whipping Cream Chai - 10 am, NO Honey!
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope
    Eat More Fat - ??
    Watching Amounts - Check
    NO Alcohol - Check
    NO Sugar - I THOUGHT about the Vanilla yogurt, but I really wanted to give myself a sticker Of course, I just realized that there was probably some sugar in the spaghetti sauce...does that count??

Is that a sticker day?? Or not??

I avoided the Dragon's temptation of yogurt AND the STILL OPEN bags of Mini Eggs!
    I can SMELL them!!

I'm feeling mouth hungry, I think it's time for bed.
    Before I eat something I shouldn't
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Good to know about envelope size!

I think son #1 does have Machu Piccu on his agenda, but is more thinking Europe and potentially Australia/NZ for now. And of course, a "guys" trip to Mexico this summer.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I went to bed without eating anything!!

11pm - 9am

Every muscle in my body aches! I feel like I was run over by a steam roller, or thrown about like rag doll
        (Coincidentally - that was the last dream I had before waking - being tossed and slammed into the floor like a rag doll???)
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Wednesday
          I went into the local school at 10:30 and talked to a teacher about my Home Instruction Student. Then I had lunch with the teachers before supplying for the afternoon. Easy class, there was a Student Teacher. After school Daughter met me at the grocery store and we easily spent $225.

Right now I'm watching Sleuth with my Farmer.

Winencandy's Checklist
          Basic Primal- 11:30: 4 year old Cheddar, a 1/6 th of a red pepper, an orange, 5: almonds, 6: pork chop, rice fried in pork chop juices, roasted cauliflower, carrots and broccoli, sliced strawberries with Greek yogurt and the whipping cream & butter sauce
          Whipping Cream Chai - 10 am, NO Honey!
          Shangri-La Shot - Nope
          Eat More Fat - ??
          Watching Amounts - Check
          NO Alcohol - Check
          NO Sugar - Check!!

Sticker Day!!
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thursday
            Supply teach, home with enough time to relax for a bit, then change and eat and out the door to the opening night of the latest production. Everything went smoothly, except for the one person in the audience who got up during the play and took TONS of FLASH photos of the performance Seriously!

After the performance, we met at the bar. I had a vodka and club soda with lime. When I got home, I figured that I'd already blown my sticker, so I had a rice krispie square that Daughter had made.

Winencandy's Checklist
            Basic Primal- 7:00 am: Banana walnut "muffins", 11:00 - avocado, cheese, strawberries, Greek yogurt, walnuts, 5pm: ground beef, tomatoes, Greek yogurt
            Whipping Cream Chai - 7am, 2pm, 6pm, NO Honey!
            Shangri-La Shot - 12:30pm: MCT oil*
            Eat More Fat - ??
            Watching Amounts - Check
            NO Alcohol - vodka & club soda
            NO Sugar - rice krispie square (sugar in marshmallows)

*Can this go "bad"? it had an off taste and I still have a large bottle left

Play again tonight.
            Bar after.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• ok I've had a quick catch up. I'm surprised you have not mentioned much about your paris trip! But then you have had a lot going on. Hope the kids are all doing a lot better now.

The dragon... yeah I definitely have one... chocolate, lollies. Bloody hopeless. grrr. At least your parents are going to retire from your biggest temptation pit. I still cant believe that you actually packed gummy bears to take away with you.

Go click on the link I left on greenspouts journal to win a trip to fiji and NZ!

Comment

• After a severe beating by Winencandy, Dragon has retreated to her corner in tears. But her teeth are as sharp as her wits. Watch out for a late-game comeback involving chocolate eggs. Winencandy may be setting herself up for this one. That fancy foot work can only take her so far. Throw out the bags! Come on, fans! Take up the cheer!

Comment

• Hi Suse!
                  Yeah, I really gotta put some Paris photos up!

Surfer Son & Daughter are both doing much better

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  The dragon... yeah I definitely have one... chocolate, lollies. Bloody hopeless. grrr. At least your parents are going to retire from your biggest temptation pit. I still cant believe that you actually packed gummy bears to take away with you.
                  Yes, no booth will be a GREAT help in the never ending battle with my Dragon
                  Really? you can't believe it???

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  Go click on the link I left on greenspouts journal to win a trip to fiji and NZ!
                  OK!

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  After a severe beating by Winencandy, Dragon has retreated to her corner in tears. But her teeth are as sharp as her wits. Watch out for a late-game comeback involving chocolate eggs. Winencandy may be setting herself up for this one. That fancy foot work can only take her so far. Throw out the bags! Come on, fans! Take up the cheer!
                  Oh, the late game comeback happened. Twice.

1st round: Friday night in the bar after the show. It was Vodka and Club Sodas, which led to a bad Karaoke rendition of Paradise by the Dashboard Light...

But that was only the warm up for the Main Event! Starring a Brix of dark chocolate and a bottle of wine (Yes, the whole bottle) on Saturday night at the cast party. Guess who "won"?

Sunday was a wasted day. If I'd felt like posting Sunday, my post would have been

Uuuggghhhhh

I woke up at 1pm and Daughter had to drive us around to pick up vehicles. Farmer left his at a Deer Hunter's party and I left mine at the cast party. Farmer got a ride home and I had Daughter come pick me up (at 2am)
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Monday

Winencandy is starting to feel human again.

Home Instruction in the morning. I wandered around our farm with the Butterflies in the afternoon. 18 C! Then I went to the theatre to tidy up. After supper I went to band practice (I hadn't been since before March break! BAD Winencandy)

I'm too tired to write out my list...
                    so I'll just say, even though there was honey (local, raw) in my Chai, (for medicinal purposes)
                    I'm calling this a Sticker Day!
                    ('Cause the last 3 were definitely NOT)

I had the sun roof open on my Beetle today!!!
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Tuesday

Supply job in London. A little shopping after. I bought a dress. Then I went to a prom meeting.

Winencandy's Checklist
                      Basic Primal- 7:00 am: Banana walnut "muffins", 11:00 - cold pork chop, chunk of cheddar, 3 Brazil nuts, plain Greek yogurt with 9 raspberries. Mall food - Thai Express Green Curry without rice (probably not made with the best oils...)
                      Whipping Cream Chai - 7am, 12pm, Honey (maybe a 1/4 tsp in a 500 ml thermos) at 7am
                      Shangri-La Shot - nope
                      Eat More Fat - ??
                      Watching Amounts - Check
                      NO Alcohol - Check
                      NO Sugar - Honey (maybe a 1/4 tsp in a 500 ml thermos) at 7am, But I've decided that when my throat is sore, local raw honey is medicine - not sugar

SO, that means it's a STICKER day!!!

Take THAT Dragon!
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Jian's essay on the Boston marathon bombings | Q with Jian Ghomeshi | CBC Radio
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Totally forgot - I bought these yesterday too

I know, HOW could I forget that!!
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Confession

I've been procrastinating filling out the insurance forms from Surfer Son's near drowning.

Imagine that.

Well, finally tonight I sat down and filled them out. It wasn't as bad as I'd feared. And now it's done. He has to sign them and I'll mail the very large envelope tomorrow (lots and lots of receipts - over 25)

Funny how something can grow in your mind into a HUGE thing, and then when you actually DO it, it's not so bad...

You'd think that at 48 I'd have figured that out.
                            Of course, you'd think that at 48 there were a LOT of other things I should have figured out too...

Evidently, I'm a slow learner...
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Wednesday

Slept in till 9. Cleaned the kitchen, washed the floor, took the Butterflies out for a walk, took some photos of the flowers coming out. Home Instruction at 2, groceries at 4, Insurance forms after supper.

Winencandy's Checklist
                              Basic Primal- 12: tuna with mayo in romaine lettuce wraps (2), frozen raspberries in Greek yogurt, 5: pistachios, club soda with lime, 6: pork chops, fried zucchini, boiled cauliflower and carrots, fried banana with "caramel" sauce (butter and whipping cream)
                              Whipping Cream Chai - 9am, Honey (maybe a 1/4 tsp in a 500 ml thermos)
                              Shangri-La Shot - nope
                              Eat More Fat - ??
                              Watching Amounts - Check
                              NO Alcohol - Check - easy today, although I had a club soda and lime at 5...
                              NO Sugar - Honey in my Chai, But I've decided that when my throat is sore, local raw honey is medicine - not sugar

Another Sticker Day!!
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Discovering Flowers

This is our 1st spring at our new place. Lots to discover!

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X