• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree July is too long.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
      I agree July is too long.
      Yup. Do look into this.

Good that daughter's surgery went well.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        Good that daughter's surgery went well.
        Sending positive fast healing thoughts......
        Female 55

Comment

• Thanks ladies.

Wednesday
          Up bright and insanely early. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 am and we live an hour away!
          The worst part of the prep for Daughter was the IV. When we got in to see her she had hidden her hand under the covers so she wouldn't have to look at it. Daughter went in to surgery at 9:30 and was out by 11:30. We got to see her at 12:30 and we were on our way home at 2:30. She came out of the anesthetic better this time. We told the anesthetist that she was sick coming out last time, so he said he'd give her something. It worked. Most of the rest of the day she spent sleeping.

Foods
          Chai
          Hospital cafeteria western omelet with 3 very thin slices of bacon
          Hospital cafeteria "make your own" salad - romaine, veggies and (questionable) chicken cubes with Balsamic dressing
          Pepperettes & cheese at home
          Ham, scalloped potatoes, baby carrots, frozen cherries and a coconut heart
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Oh, funny little story:

Daughter left me "in charge" of her Skylander Lost Islands game on her iPad. I had to send her friend a message on Facebook. The conversation went like this:

Me: Silly question: Do you know how to play lost islands? Daughter left me in charge of her game and I don't know how to use a Skylander to remove a troll camp.

Friend: Hahahahahahahahahahaha! XD just click on the troll camp and a screen should come up and choose a skylander that isn't in use

Me: 2 of them are in use. Do I buy one?

Friend: On the side click through the different types..she should have one that's free

Me: All on use. I guess the troll camp stays for a while thanks

Friend: Lol that's alright it does no harm, just looks bad

Me: K. Glad I could give you a laugh this morning

Friend: Yes thank you lol and I hope everything goes smoothly with Daughter
            Only she didn't say Daughter
            Another funny thing? It's a little kid's game that Daughter and her friends play (Grade 12's)

I also played 4 Pics 1 Word on her iPad. I was stuck on one of them and the lady sitting beside me asked me if I'd like the answer. She'd been stuck on the same one for days. Of course I said yes!
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Time for some food photos??

Instead of bread, I dipped my meat in the cheese (after it was cooked)
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• This is how they served the pop.

I had Perrier

The students signed the walls:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Salads & Appetizers:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The only main course I remembered to take a photo of belonged to the pescetarian in our group.
                    And how could I NOT take a photo of it??

She kinda freaked a little 'cause it was "looking at her" so the bus driver (an awesome local guy - who by the way did an amazing job pronouncing my name ) fileted it for her.

This was the Tapas selection in the window where we had lunch one day in Barcelona

This is the wine wall over our table:

And from another really cool angle:

And meatcicles in the market:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Sweets

And my lunch in Avignon:

Pistachio ice cream sundae!!! (I took the rolled biscuit out)

Yes, that was the only thing I had for lunch
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I just finished dinner and now I'm hungry looking at your photos!!

Wasn't that market at Las Ramblas in Barcelona amazing??
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Yes! I could have spent DAYS there!!
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thursday
                            Daughter slept most of the evening Wed and then slept in the bed we'd set up in my office. I slept on a foam cushion on the living room floor so I could hear Daughter if she needed me in the night. She was up once for a pain pill and an ice pack. We had to drive into London and the Fowler Kennedy clinic to have her dressing changed at 9:15am. We came straight home. I spent the afternoon helping Daughter and creating and gathering props for the upcoming play. Play practice was from 4-6pm. It was a blocking practice. My 1st experience blocking. The 1st director did none of this. I wish this director had been my 1st. An easy relaxing evening and then I slept on the cushion again. Daughter needed me in the night.

Friday

Suffer Son stayed home with Daughter because I had a supply job. Very easy day. My lunch was a pepperette, some Brie, an avocado and a coconut heart. After school I ate another coconut heart and a few macadamia nuts. A little shopping after, nothing major. A bottle of Balsamic, some small props for the upcoming play "Death of a Dead Guy". While standing in line at Home Sense, I resisted buying a dark chocolate bar, even though my Dragon wanted it desperately. Back in the car I ate a Lara bar. On the way home Daughter texted me asking me to pick her up some frozen peaches, so I stopped at the local grocery store, where the Dragon managed to put a bag of Real Fruit Gummies in my basket...and which I ate on the way home...

I opened one of my wine bottles from France and had a glass before supper. I was so full from my Dragon attack that I couldn't finish my supper

After supper my parents, sister and niece came over for a visit. (My parents had flown in today from Florida. They left their boat in Florida and had to come back for a couple of weeks because they couldn't stay in the US for more than 6 months) We had a good visit, they had lots of stories to tell.

Daughter threw up her supper at bedtime. Poor thing.
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Daughter threw up again after breakfast. She's been feeling sick all day

Both times it was about an hour after she took one of her meds.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                Daughter threw up again after breakfast. She's been feeling sick all day
                                Both times it was about an hour after she took one of her meds.
                                Some pain meds cause nausea and vomiting. Try small sips of clear liquids, Popsicles, little sips of soup - but wait about 2 hours after taking meds. Hope it helps.
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X