Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    This sounds perfect. Thank goodness for decent travel insurance. You usually never use it, but I'd hate to have to deal with what the costs would be otherwise. It's actually pretty inexpensive considering what can happen.
    Yes. The insurance was well worth it. We just got back from the Paris/Barcelona trip information night and they are using the same company!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    Obviously when he gets home, you'll have him seen by your GP, I'd be wanting a referral to internal medicine or neurology (or both) for follow up, just to make sure nothing gets overlooked. I'd insist on this if it is not offered.
    Yes, the Dr has been "told"

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    As for him not realizing how bad it was, well, that's the teenager/21 year old invincibility thing surfacing. I wouldn't be overly concerned about this.

I'm betting you earned another sticker for today .
    Yes, I'm definitely earning my stickers these past few days
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Latest Surfer Update

Well, the boys left the hospital. The Dr had said he could leave, insurance just wanted him there to keep him "safe". Surfer Son just wanted out. Insurance wasn't really happy, but they are OK with it. They are staying in a very nice hotel a block from the hospital ($150/night hotel) Insurance is covering $175/day for Surfer Son accommodations and meals till he leaves.

Surfer Son's return flight was changed to a different airline with a direct flight from Lima. The other two boys had a couple of options, that our insurance was willing to arrange for them (our cost):

1. $1,400/boy = The boys on the same flight with Surfer Son. Leaving Friday morning and in Toronto Friday night.
      2. $500/boy = flight to Lima and changing the date of their original flight home. Leaving Sat. night with 2 transfers, getting to Toronto Sunday night.

We really wanted the boys to accompany Surfer Son. We wanted his friends to be with him - he's still confused and having short term memory problems. We decided that we would pay for his two friends to fly home on the same flight. It was the least we could do for everything they did. They kept Surfer Son alive.

Of course the other parents said they'd pay, my Farmer said no.
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Today was spent on the phone again.
        Tonight was a parents' meeting for the Paris Barcelona trip.
        I haven't thought about that trip for a couple of days

Pretty soon I can get excited about that trip again

Foods
        Chai with whipping cream
        left over pork loin with an avocado
        Walnut oil shot
        small handful of pistachios and a few thin slices of cheese
        sausage link and over easy egg, 5 olives, raspberries and whipping cream

Another sticker
        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Better day today.
          I only spent the morning on the phone

There was a miscommunication with the insurance They booked everyone on the Saturday $500/person flights, not the Friday $1400 flights. They knew we wanted the boys to be together, but they misunderstood which flight we wanted. I talked to the insurance nurse. I was going to make him change it to the earlier, more expensive flights, but after talking about the pros and cons, we decided that although it's a longer travel day, it gives Surfer Son another 36 hours before the flight to recover and he will have some breaks between flights, giving him a chance to stretch his legs and breathe non-airplane air.

Surfer Son still wants to go to Machu Picchu, but he also didn't remember out conversation yesterday. I told him that I know he wants to and that it will still be there another time. That he needs to remember things and feel better before he climbs that height.

He's chatting on Facebook with me tonight

I left the house today! 1st time since Saturday night! I went into the next town and picked up my rings - the claws were all ok.
          Tonight I went to the play Dress Rehearsal. On Sunday I passed Stage Manager duties on to someone else, 'cause everything was so crazy. But tonight I wanted to help the new Stage Manager. She asked if I'd come for the performances. I said I'd try.

Foods
          Chai with whipping cream
          Small cheese plate. I took a photo, but I haven't uploaded it yet...
          Walnut Oil shot
          Small coleslaw, bowl of chili

~~~

3 weeks from now I will be on a PLANE!!!
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Yay for a better day, sounds like another sticker!

The Saturday flight sounds like a better idea for Surfer Son. In my job, I deal with air transport of all sorts of patients, and often an extra day is a good thing.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Good news on SS. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason - so the boys are supposed to be on the Saturday flight. I'm in awe of your strength and will power!
              Female 55
              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Thanks ladies.

Today's Peru Problem?

Surfer Son's bank card wouldn't work...and he couldn't call out to the # on the back of his card.
                Multiple phone calls later, card is working.

I've decided that since I've had a week from hell AND it's Valentine's Day, that I am going to have wine AND dark chocolate tonight!!
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  I've decided that since I've had a week from hell AND it's Valentine's Day, that I am going to have wine AND dark chocolate tonight!!
                  You more than deserve as much wine and candy as you want. I'm glad Surfer Son will be home soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                    You more than deserve as much wine and candy as you want. I'm glad Surfer Son will be home soon.
                    Thanks

Wow, I've just started my 2nd glass and I feel drunk????
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thursday

Besides solving Surfer Son's latest problem, I marked ALL of my Home Instruction Student's assignments and bathed one of the Butterflies...

Here's a few photos:
                      Yesterday's cheese lunch:

Today's cheese lunch:

Tonight's supper:

And everyone's dessert:

And mine:

And I think my material choices for the chaise lounge have changed:

Tonight I may bath the other butterfly
                      Last edited by winencandy; 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM. Reason: fixed a photo
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 2 Days till Surfer Son comes home!!!!!

Friday
                        I went into London to day and picked up my new glasses. I like them, but my eyes feel weird. Everything is smaller. I did notice that some things look wrong. My snack/lunch plate today looked oval? And anything rectangular looks wider on the right than on the left?? I called the eye Dr and told the receptionist. She was going to tell the Dr and get back to me, but I haven't heard anything yet.

I bought a couple shirts at MEC. On sale This one and this one and one more, but I can't find it on line...

I stopped at the school and the Eng Dept head was very friendly and will help me with my next Home Instruction Student! Much better than the last teacher I talked to the drama teacher and he wants my help for the upcoming theatre production. A variety night. I said I was interested, providing things go smoothly with Surfer Son.

The play is on tonight and tomorrow night. I think I'll go tonight and help out.

I was Facebook chatting with Surfer Son, his memory is getting better He met with his travel nurse at 5:30. Everything's good. They check out at 1 and fly out tomorrow night at 7!

Foods
                        9 - Chai with whipping cream
                        2:45 - cheese plate (I took a photo - I'll upload it later)
                        5 - pistachios and a glass of wine (left over from yesterday)
                        6 - fish, sweet potato fried, frozen mixed veggies

No oil shot. I realized at 2:45, when I got home, that I hadn't eaten all day!?!? Crazy!! What's up with that???
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• from drssgchic on GP's journal. Loved it!
                          Last edited by winencandy; 02-16-2013, 03:34 PM.
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I like the slightly lighter material on the right. What time does SS get in tomorrow? Praying for a safe flight.
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                              I like the slightly lighter material on the right. What time does SS get in tomorrow? Praying for a safe flight.
                              He arrives in Toronto at 8:50 tonight. Eldest lives in Toronto and he's going to meet him at the arrivals gate before he heads home.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Saturday

I DO NOT like my new glasses!!

The script is stronger. That I guess I can get used to, although I find it too strong for everything but driving

The Dr talked me into adding the astigmatism correction ever though I said I didn't want it. I'm wearing my old ones now. The receptionist told me "It would take about a week but I'd get used to it" !! I don't WANT to get used to it! I want it taken OFF my glasses. I have an apt on Wed.

Last night was the 2nd and final night of the play. Everything went well. I cried at the end. Again.

The actors thanked us after the play, telling us that it was SO nice to work on a production where everyone got along and there was no big ego getting in the way. We just smiled and thanked him. This play was such a total opposite of the last one!

Last night when I got home from the play I "fell" into a bag of chips (about 4 large handfuls) alternately with a 1/2 bag of Real Fruit Gummies (there was only a 1/2 a bag) and 1/2 a 80% dark chocolate bar...
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X