No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like he has very good buddies! Take a deep breath and give yourself extra stickers because you managed a huge crisis without caving. You are doin great!
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      Decent, considering what he's been through. The amount of oxygen should be able to be decreased, hopefully soon.

This is very encouraging.
      I'm thinking that the numbers are better now - I think those were when he was still in and out of consciousness.
      Yes, we were VERY relieved after we talked to them.

Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
      Sounds like he has very good buddies! Take a deep breath and give yourself extra stickers because you managed a huge crisis without caving. You are doin great!
      They are very good
      I'd told myself that I could "cheat" today if I "needed" to, but I just didn't feel like it. I guess I ate enough "good" fats that I didn't hear the Dragon calling. She's busy bothering someone else, but I thought for sure this would have brought her back. I KNOW even a few months ago I would have caved. I caved on Christmas Eve with the chimney fire and THIS was 1000 X worse.
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Get some sleep. Tomorrow should be better!
        Female 55

Comment

• Surfer Son Update

I talked to Surfer Son again today. He's still confused and slow to answer questions. His friends say that he's getting better, they can have conversations with him. His friend said that the Dr. said his heart rate, blood pressure etc were all good. They want to keep him for another 24 hours. This morning I've talked to his insurance and someone from Foreign Affairs (in Ottawa who is working with the Canadian embassy in Peru) and we are working on how and when we can get him home.

Right now we are trying to figure out how to get their stuff (3 large backpacks and 3 surfboards). Their stuff is 4 hours away from them.

They still don't know if he will need oxygen for the flight (and therefore a medical transfer). They want to make sure he is safe for travel and so do I. Insurance will fly him from the city he's in instead of having him make a 12 hr bus ride to Lima! This is GOOD.

I found out that his "medical transfer" from the beach was in the back of a pickup truck with his friend holding the oxygen mask! Also, the Dr wouldn't provide oxygen until he had cash

One of his friends called the embassy Sat afternoon and asked them to contact his parents. They never did. This is why we didn't find out till 3am My friend's mom is mad, she's contacted her MP

I'm not as panicky to fly there. I don't know what I'll do. If I'm in transit for a day, I'm out of touch...
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Evening Update

Things are looking a LOT better!
            I've talked to Surfer Son 3x today and each time he's becoming more coherent! He's gone from one word answers, not remembering past conversations and not knowing he "passed out" (I don't think they told him yet that he almost drowned) to partial and then complete sentences, remembering past conversations and that he passed out. The Dr is talking about releasing him tomorrow. He's still confused about things, he thinks they are flying home tomorrow. There's no way he can fly home alone. We are working with Foreign Affairs, the Embassy, and Insurance to get them all home together. If he's discharged, insurance will cover his expenses until he is ok to fly. He's going to be checked over by a neurologist to make sure he's fit for flying. They will arrange the flight details from the city he's in (he's a 12 hour bus ride from Lima, where they flew in) One of his buddies is staying with him, the other has traveled back the 4 hours to where their things and passports are stored.

Needless to say I haven't done anything else today
            9 "official" phone calls, countless emails, texts, private Facebook messages and phone calls
            Oh, I did take enough time to bath the Butterflies (and myself - NOT at the same time!)

I asked if someone else could take over the Stage Manager duties for this weekend's play. Someone will

Another sticker today!

Foods
            Chai with whipping cream
            Avocado and leftover pork tenderloin
            Walnut Oil shot
            Banana/macadamia nut/egg silicone "muffin" cup
            Small handful of pistachios, chicken thigh, fried mushrooms, 2 Brussel sprouts
            Frozen raspberries and whipping cream
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm very relieved for you that things are turning out okay. Sounds like you have everything well in hand.

How the heck do you eat only 2 brussel sprouts? Of course when I make them, they're all for me, since nobody else in my house will touch them. I like it that way.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

I'm very relieved for you that things are turning out okay. Sounds like you have everything well in hand.

How the heck do you eat only 2 brussel sprouts? Of course when I make them, they're all for me, since nobody else in my house will touch them. I like it that way.
                I don't want to jinx it, but, yeah, things seem to be going smoothly

I haven't had much of an appetite for the last couple of days, I also only ate one chicken thigh!
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Not surprised about not much appetite, all things considered. And I'm very impressed you've continued to earn stickers for good behaviour. Most impressive indeed. I don't think I would be able to do the same.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Glad things are looking up!
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Sounding positive. You are doing great - I'm sure I would have lost it! I agree on the Brussels sprouts, when I make them they are MINE - ALL MINE!!
                      Female 55

Comment

• So glad that SurferSon is getting better and better. All else will fall into place. You are still in my prayers.

Comment

Not surprised about not much appetite, all things considered. And I'm very impressed you've continued to earn stickers for good behaviour. Most impressive indeed. I don't think I would be able to do the same.
                          I'm really surprised too. I didn't think I'd be able to either.
                          Idk, I just don't want it (wine OR chocolate/candy)
                          Weird
                          Maybe it'll change once he's safely back home...

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                          Glad things are looking up!
                          Me too!

Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                          Sounding positive. You are doing great - I'm sure I would have lost it! I agree on the Brussels sprouts, when I make them they are MINE - ALL MINE!!
                          I'm not "letting" me lose it. I'm afraid if I "let go" I won't get it back. I'll let go when he's home safe.

I used to HATE Brussels sprouts

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          So glad that SurferSon is getting better and better. All else will fall into place. You are still in my prayers.
                          Thank you
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hospital Release!!

He's being released as I type this!!!

They are staying in the city until travel arrangements can be made. Insurance says they will cover their expenses.

I've been on the phone all morning. Had to grab a shower while Farmer was in for lunch Every time I went to have one the phone would ring!

I've talked to him 2x today. This morning he didn't remember talking to me last night

In his 2nd conversation he was saying how he wanted to go to Machu Picchu. I don't think he realizes how bad it was.
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Spoke too Soon

Change of plans. Insurance wants to keep him in the hospital till they can arrange for a medical transfer. A nurse will fly down, and they will provide door to door service. They will bring Surfer Son right to our house! They will try to put the other 2 boys on the same flight. He could be home possibly Thursday or Friday!
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• This sounds perfect. Thank goodness for decent travel insurance. You usually never use it, but I'd hate to have to deal with what the costs would be otherwise. It's actually pretty inexpensive considering what can happen.

Obviously when he gets home, you'll have him seen by your GP, I'd be wanting a referral to internal medicine or neurology (or both) for follow up, just to make sure nothing gets overlooked. I'd insist on this if it is not offered.

As for him not realizing how bad it was, well, that's the teenager/21 year old invincibility thing surfacing. I wouldn't be overly concerned about this.

I'm betting you earned another sticker for today .
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X