Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
    Wish there was some of that on my steak right now.

Comment

• Problems in Peru

So we got a 3am phone call from one of Surfer Son's traveling buddies dad. Surfer Son is in the hospital!
      They were going surfing and Surfer Son didn't feel well, so he turned around and paddled back to shore. He passed out 2 feet from shore. He was blue. They had to do CPR. They took him to a hospital. It wasn't big enough. They took him to another. I called his travel insurance. They called the hospital. He's had X-rays. Some water in his lungs. He's on IV and oxygen and stable. In and out of consciousness. He might be transferred yet again.

Don't know why he passed out. 2 days ago he told me his throat was sore and he saw a Dr and was on antibiotics.

I have the hospital number, but can't seem to get through to them.

I feel so helpless.
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Praying.....
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I am praying for your son and you Winencandy. Remember, you can only do what you can do. Peace.

Comment

• ((((((((((hugs))))))))))
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thank you ladies

and although I DID make it all the way through last night girls' night at the country bar with NO alcohol and NO sugar...thus earning myself 2 stickers,

that MAY not happen today...
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Update:
                Just heard from the insurance nurse. The report is "concerning". They are calling it a near drowning. They were moving him to a larger hospital so that's why we couldn't find out anything sooner. His heart rate and bp are good, (I can give #'s if you want) but they are still giving him oxygen. He's still in and out of consciousness and has no memory of it. We will get another update in about an hour.

Seriously considering a flight to Peru.
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'd be considering a flight too if I were in your place.

Comment

• I'd be checking flights..... We can compare BPs. Moms was 40/10 and asystole for "a bit" according to report.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• The fact that his vital signs are good and he has regained consciousness, even if sporadic, is a very good sign.

I'd be booking a flight for certain.

How are you, your farmer and daughter holding up?
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                        I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'd be considering a flight too if I were in your place.
                        Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                        I'd be checking flights..... We can compare BPs. Moms was 40/10 and asystole for "a bit" according to report.
                        It was 110/70, heart rate 112, oxygen saturation 88%, but with 50% oxygen added it was 98%.

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                        The fact that his vital signs are good and he has regained consciousness, even if sporadic, is a very good sign.

I'd be booking a flight for certain.

How are you, your farmer and daughter holding up?
                        We are doing MUCH better right now After trying ALL day, we managed to get through and spoke to Surfer Son and his buddies! He's up and walking around, watching TV but he's confused. Short term memory loss, doesn't think he was "out". His buddies are staying in the hospital room with him. The hospital staff set up an extra bed and a large chair. Insurance has been worked out - he's covered.

I can breathe

All their stuff is 4 hours away.

AND I can still add a sticker to today's calendar! Maybe I'll add 2 today as well as last night I didn't keep track of my food today, there was lots, but it was all primal.

Depending on what we find out tomorrow, I might not be booking a flight.
                        Last edited by winencandy; 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM. Reason: more details
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Praying for everyone!
                          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thank you
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I think I'll be heading to bed soon and trying to get some sleep. I'm dead tired.

I won't be checking or posting comments on anyone's journals tonight.

Sorry
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                It was 110/70, heart rate 112, oxygen saturation 88%, but with 50% oxygen added it was 98%.
                                Decent, considering what he's been through. The amount of oxygen should be able to be decreased, hopefully soon.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                We are doing MUCH better right now After trying ALL day, we managed to get through and spoke to Surfer Son and his buddies! He's up and walking around, watching TV but he's confused. Short term memory loss, doesn't think he was "out". His buddies are staying in the hospital room with him. The hospital staff set up an extra bed and a large chair. Insurance has been worked out - he's covered.
                                This is very encouraging.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X