No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I adore Hermes scarves! I only have one. I bought it years and years ago at duty free in Brussels. They used to have a magnificent shop just for crew - it was a trailer on the ramp, prices about 1/3 of regular. I wish I had bought more. I have often thought of framing it and hanging it on the wall. Hmmm. Might be a new project.

One reason why I like having long hair is the ability to just put it up -so easy. When I had shorter hair, it was too flat on one side or too flat all over or sticking up or something. I have some little metal spiral things that are very easy to use and hold better than anything I have ever used. Got them at Rite-Aid.

I am ridiculously jealous of your trip! Or should I say I wish I had something planned. I could just go, of course. Don't have anyone I particularly want to travel with at the moment. A couple of friends who are fun to travel with are too broke at the moment. I am also wanting to go to Rio and spent a lot of time eating their wonderful grilled meats.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      oh man, 41 days. Am totally jealous. I've got NO international travel booked at all at the mo... although I confess I looked at flights yesterday to Fiji in May when the fireman and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary since we met! That would be nice.
      Yes, it would. You should go!
      I've never been to Fiji

Originally posted by Suse View Post
      I personally dont see what all the fuss is over Hermes and scarves. Not much of a scarf wearer though I have to say.
      I guess you either are or you're not

I'm having a wee smile to myself about you growing your hair. It always makes me laugh that we grow our hair so we can put it up so that it looks short again!
      Hehe, I rarely put it up. Even when I had waist length hair I rarely wore it up. (I was pregnant and it was pin straight)

I like the idea of the 5lb weight while doing the treadmill, good thinkning batman.
      Thanks, occasionally I get good ideas
      Of course, the alternative is NOT taking the heavy/good camera...

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
      I adore Hermes scarves! I only have one. I bought it years and years ago at duty free in Brussels. They used to have a magnificent shop just for crew - it was a trailer on the ramp, prices about 1/3 of regular. I wish I had bought more. I have often thought of framing it and hanging it on the wall. Hmmm. Might be a new project.
      I was looking at their website - I will probably only ever own one too

One reason why I like having long hair is the ability to just put it up -so easy. When I had shorter hair, it was too flat on one side or too flat all over or sticking up or something. I have some little metal spiral things that are very easy to use and hold better than anything I have ever used. Got them at Rite-Aid.
      I have some of those too!

I am ridiculously jealous of your trip! Or should I say I wish I had something planned. I could just go, of course. Don't have anyone I particularly want to travel with at the moment. A couple of friends who are fun to travel with are too broke at the moment. I am also wanting to go to Rio and spent a lot of time eating their wonderful grilled meats.
      I'm getting very excited!
      Oh, I've never been to Rio either
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• 40 Days!

I went shopping in London with my sister today. Chiropractor visit, (she gave me the OK to walk on a treadmill! No incline) I returned a few items, bought some groceries (avocado oil and 2 Tamarillos), and some new dog beds (I'd thrown the old ones out the other day) After supper my sister came over and I helped her download the latest version of iTunes and sync her daughter's iPod. Yes. Really.

Foods
        9:30 - Chai with whipping cream
        12:00 - Mall Chicken Shawarma and salad
        3:30 - a few slices of an Asian pear in the car
        5:30 - 3 Brazil nuts and a few Macadamia nuts
        6:00 - Chicken, sweet potato, carrots, brussel sprouts, olives. I didn't eat all of my veggies, but I still had dessert: a tamarillo cut up on 2 spoonfuls of Mascarpone. The tamarillo tasted VERY bitter I pitched it in the compost...but I ate the Mascarpone!

After I took the photo, I added some shaved Parmesan on top

Josie fell asleep beside me, She looked SO cute, I took a photo

No oil shot today, wondering if I should skip it or take it?
        Last edited by winencandy; 01-24-2013, 08:30 PM. Reason: Forgot about the Tamarillo
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Friday

It snowed ALL day today!
          We had an apt. in another town with our "Money Person". Reviewing, reinvesting, investing, signing about a bajillon papers. Then my Farmer took me "out" for lunch. Laundry/housework when I got home. University Son is coming home for the weekend, my Farmer's gone to pick him up from the train station. Daughter is at the movies with her friends.

Surfer Son and his friends are sick

Foods
          10 - Chai with whipping cream
          12 - 4 egg sausage and cheese omlette, a few hashbrowns (they were too salty)
          2:30 - walnut oil shot
          4 - 3 Brazil nuts, about 6 Macadamia nuts
          6 - 4 cheese, bacon and pesto stuffed mushroom caps, sweet potato fries, an avocado with lime, 6 pan fried perch fillets

Too much time spent on the internet this evening. Again.
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 39 Days!

Saturday

Um, I didn't accomplish very much today. I put a coconut oil/conditioner/caster oil "treatment" on my hair. I surfed the web instead of marking my HI Student's work. I had to walk out to the barn to find something. BRRRRRR!! I felt kinda sick/blah this afternoon along with a slight headache. This evening will be spent in my recliner with a blanket and my Mac on my lap.

Foods
            9:30 - Walnut oil shot
            10:30 - Chai with whipping cream
            12:30 - bacon, avocado, tomato, cheese, lime juice & avocado oil salad

3:30 - 3 tea spoonfuls of Mascarpone with a baby banana

9 - a cheese "bowl" Brie, Blue, shaved Parmesan, 3 Brazil nuts, a sprinkling of sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and dried mango

I wasn't really hungry, but I had all these awesome cheeses calling to me

Better than chocolate and wine, I guess.
            Speaking of which, another sticker for today!!
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Now I feel "over full"
              I guess I shouldn't have had the cheese bowl
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Cheese bowl.

I like it. Beautiful pictures, too. I need to try your bacon salad.

Comment

• Wow that salad looks delicious! I bookmarked it so I remember the ingredients.

Do you usually have mascarpone with bananas? I just tried it for the first time, without anything, and it needs...something. Maybe berries?
                  My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Cheese bowl.

I like it. Beautiful pictures, too. I need to try your bacon salad.
                    Thanks

Originally posted by Zee View Post
                    Wow that salad looks delicious! I bookmarked it so I remember the ingredients.

Do you usually have mascarpone with bananas? I just tried it for the first time, without anything, and it needs...something. Maybe berries?
                    HI Zee
                    You're relatively new to PB?

When I first started, I "needed" something added to my Mascarpone. I had a sweet tooth (some here would argue that I still do ) I "needed" to add a drop (or 2) of maple syrup AND some fruit (my fav fruit is frozen raspberries). Gradually, very gradually, I reduced my sweetener until now I can put Mascarpone on my banana "muffin" (banana, egg, and 2 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Butter. Mixed and microwaved for 1 min) and it tastes like icing! I can (and do) eat it plain, but now I think I add a little fruit out of habit, gives it a bit of colour The other day I mixed a little Macadania nut butter with the Mascarpone. Ooh, you should try the "caramel sauce" I tried last week! Perfect extrat "something" I'll see if I can find the link.

Found it. My post #3529
                    Link caramel sauce
                    I didn't add the sweetener. It didn't need it.
                    Last edited by winencandy; 01-27-2013, 08:17 PM. Reason: found link
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 38 DAYS!

Sunday

I downloaded and installed Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro this morning. Couldn't remember my Apple ID during the instalation. That was fun...

We went out for "brunch" today for my MIL's upcoming 85th birthday. Buffet breakfast. It was ok. After brunch, Daughter and I went into London shopping. I bought a really cute pair of rubber boots. Yeah, I know, NEVER thought I'd ever use that phrase (They were on sale!) I thought I might take them to Paris? In case it rains? Daughter bought these Steve Madden boots. They were also on sale. I wanted a black pair, but they didn't have any my size Oh well, I can wear my Daughter's tan ones Then we went to the Apple store and Daughter bought an iPad2! (I desperately want an iPad...) We got home in time for supper. We ate quickly and as soon as we finished, I drove University Son to the train station and then went to a visitation. (I didn't know the man who died. His mother plays in my band)

Foods
                      9:30 - Chai with whipping cream
                      11 - Walnut oil shot
                      12:30 - buffet brunch - I had fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon
                      6:00 - roast chicken, sauteed mushrooms, olives (I ate so fast I didn't see the sweet potato until too late)
                      6:15 - a Chai with whipping cream in the car

I DIDN'T have a slice of the fresh apple pie that my Farmer made!
                      Last edited by winencandy; 01-27-2013, 08:38 PM. Reason: fixed boot link
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                        HI Zee
                        You're relatively new to PB?

When I first started, I "needed" something added to my Mascarpone. I had a sweet tooth (some here would argue that I still do ) I "needed" to add a drop (or 2) of maple syrup AND some fruit (my fav fruit is frozen raspberries). Gradually, very gradually, I reduced my sweetener until now I can put Mascarpone on my banana "muffin" (banana, egg, and 2 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Butter. Mixed and microwaved for 1 min) and it tastes like icing! I can (and do) eat it plain, but now I think I add a little fruit out of habit, gives it a bit of colour The other day I mixed a little Macadania nut butter with the Mascarpone. Ooh, you should try the "caramel sauce" I tried last week! Perfect extrat "something" I'll see if I can find the link.

Found it. My post #3529
                        Link caramel sauce
                        I didn't add the sweetener. It didn't need it.
                        Yes I have only been following this WOE for about two months. I had mascarpone with mixed frozen berries after posting this, heated in the microwave a bit. Super!! Along with a few pieces of bacon and a cup of tea, I wasn't hungry for hours!

Thanks for the caramel link. I will definitely have to try that.
                        My journal

Comment

• Winencandy, HOW are you going to fit RAINBOOTS into your luggage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            Winencandy, HOW are you going to fit RAINBOOTS into your luggage?

idk

I NEVER said I packed light!

Right now, I think there are about 4? pairs of footwear I'm trying to decide between...it's just SO hard!
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 37 DAYS!

Monday

No busses in the whole school board district today. Fog and icy conditions. I was going to go for my 1st day walking at the local gym this morning, but I stayed home instead. I did walk out to the barns twice with my Butterflies and I almost slipped doing that!

I walked out to the barn to check on my Farmer. He'd come in and said "I'm going up into the top of the old barn to replace some boards and cut out some of the second floor. If I don't come in at lunch time, check on me" Yikes! Of course I didn't wait till noon to check on him! I took the Butterflies out for a walk to the barn:

What I saw walking into the barn:

Looking up, looking way up at the repaired wall:

The log beam in the lower left corner is way above my head.

He was still working, so I figured he was safe, for a while, but lumber was falling and I didn't think it was safe for the Butterflies (who were actually listening to me and staying with me as beams were crashing down).

I made hard boiled eggs and had this for lunch:

Last edited by winencandy; 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM. Reason: added info
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Monday part 2

We went out again later in the afternoon, to see what he'd done:

This was from lunchtime:

Notice the window, and the missing floor/ceiling beams?

Here's what he did:

He cut a door in the wall so he could put the trailer in to load wood for our wood stove.
                                Another view (from outside):

Notice the cleanly cut beams on the second story:

He IS going to put a door on it:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X