Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! Probably not

I'm halfway through and I'm taking a break...

Luckily my hair is curly and very forgiving...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• 66 Days 12 Hours 38 Minutes

Food
      L – um…nothing…I forgot to eat…really…I just realized that
      S – White wine at 4:00. I’ve realized that my wine ‘window’ is from 4-7. Before 4 is (CW) ‘too early’ and after supper, I usually just don’t feel like it…
      D – Pork Tenderloin, pan fried in butter and finished in the oven, sweet potatoes and carrots fried with butter, cauliflower, ½ a banana with Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls. Tazo Chai Latte with Coconut milk

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
      No candy.
      Wait it’s Saturday! I can have Dark Chocolate!!!!! as soon as I post this, I'm having Dark Chocolate
      It’s after 7, I’m finished with the wine. (3 glasses later)

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
      PBF
      L2 Pushup – 20!
      L3 Squat - 50
      L2 Overhead Press – 20 (barely made it)
      L1 Plank – 1 minute

Shovelglove – 8 lb sledgehammer, 14 minutes!

I find that if I don't do my exercises in the morning, they don't get done...
      Too bad I'm not a morning person...

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
      Bed at 10:30! Really. Took maybe 15 minutes to fall asleep.
      Awake at 6:30am to make sure son #3 was up for work, then back to sleep.
      Up with a phone call at 9:20. Some boys were on their way over for roofing supplies (ladder, roof jacks, boards, nails etc) The Farmer was long gone, I had to get up and show them where to find the stuff in the barn.

Exercise.

The community band I play with preformed at a local Santa Clause Parade. It was a beautiful afternoon. The first time in 20 years I haven’t froze at a Santa Parade

I finally read my Vitamin D label. I’d been taking 5 drops daily, thinking that was 5000 IU.
      Turns out its 1000 IU/25 ml.
      25 ml is 3 drops…hun. Gonna have to adjust that…

I opened the wine at 4. Almost drank the bottle by 7. There is about 1 glass left.

I’d followed a link from a Odds and Ends Thread (How Else Is Conventional Wisdom Failing Us?) and followed a link from unchatenfrance, and then I followed a link from #3…and ended up at an interesting site. I told my Farmer about it after supper, and we experimented with the concept…

Hmmm…

It’s 8pm, I’m sipping my Chai Latte with coconut milk…and surfing the journals…

My hair is half cut...
      Last edited by winencandy; 11-13-2010, 06:51 PM. Reason: forgot my countdown!
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• So....how did the hair turn out? I can't do a good job when I'm straight. lol
        Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
        Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
        Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• so brave cutting your own hair... or stupid, I cant decide which Remember though, the difference between a good hair cut and a bad one, is only 7 days!

Goddamit, I'm still impressed with your exercising....

Comment

• Just4MA and Suse and Greensprout:

I like the hair. I'm glad I did it.

I'd cut the top of it a few weeks ago and wasn't really happy with it.
            Last night I trimmed up the rest of it.
            It's about 6" long all over. A loose curly 'cap'
            It has more 'ump' more attitude and style than before.
            I can put clips or a headband in it.
            Before it just looked like an '80's cut. And I felt 'old' in it.

I feel younger in this one.

My mom was a hairdresser. She was the only one who ever cut my hair.
            Except for me. I would experiment, knowing that she could 'fix' it.
            She's retired now.
            I've had my hair cut by a 'stranger' exactly 3 times in my life.

If I had straight hair, no way would I cut my own. The curls hide all kinds of 'mistakes'.

Although deciding to cut it after drinking wine is probably not the best idea
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 65 Days 13 Hours 16 minutes

Food
              L – 2 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions. Then I was still ‘mouth hungry’ even after I had Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball, so I made a cauliflower, mushroom, tomato salad with balsamic vinegar.
              S – White wine at 5:00.
              D – Roast Venison (that my friend hit with his truck last week ) carrots, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, ¼ of a small potato that was in the crock pot with the venison, and 1/3 of a tomato.
              An orange and a Tazo Chai with Coconut milk, 2 oz of Dark Chocolate.

No candy.
              Weekend wine (less than yesterday) and dark chocolate.

None

Bed at 11:50.
              Awake at 9:30, but laid in bed dozing with the Papillons until 10:30.
              I wasted the day away.
              A little laundry, but a lot of reading,
              Book eight of Wheel of Time “The Path of Daggers”

I had a couple of vertigo ‘spells’ today…

My son and his friends were sighting in their black powder guns.
              The dogs freaked. Every. Single. Time.

An easy relaxing evening. But not too late. I have to supply teach again tomorrow.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Glad to hear the hair cutting worked out alright. I was a little worried you had an impulsive wine induced kind of thing going on...

Have you had the vertigo spells checked out by a doc? Could be an inner ear disturbance.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  Glad to hear the hair cutting worked out alright. I was a little worried you had an impulsive wine induced kind of thing going on...

Have you had the vertigo spells checked out by a doc? Could be an inner ear disturbance.
                  Thanks. Well, it was kinda an impulsive wine induced thing...

I may have mentioned it when I went for my bloodwork, I've had them on and off since then. But then I was more worried about my lack of energy. I'll mention it again.
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                    Oh man, those eats - esp venison & sprouts - sound fantastic. And yer Saturday workout was AWESOME! Keep it up & yer bod is gonna decimate the tropics.

Cheers for DIY haircuts!
                    Yeah, it was a good meal.

My Farmer went over to my friends house and returned with an arm load of meat. One of the packages said "Lily & Josie". It was scraps

Yup, DIY is fun. It's only hair, it'll grow

I can only hope the bod will be ready for the tropics...
                    Last edited by winencandy; 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM.
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 64 days 14 hours 42 minutes

Food
                      L @ 10:30 (I was supply teaching again, 1st time at this school) I didn’t have very much food at home to pack (this NO Cheese thing is HARD) So, Funny story – I bought a Tim Horton’s chili (“Are you sure you don’t want the bun? It costs the same without the bun”) and I heated it up in the staff lunch-room. I opened the microwave door – and my chili had EXPLODED all over the inside of the oven I debated scooping it back into the bowl (just for a minute) then I cleaned it up…I had 3 spoonfuls of chili that had managed to stay in the bowl along with an avocado. Then I had an apple with almond butter.
                      S – I was feeling tired about 12:30, so I had a Lara bar. At 3:00 I had Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls.
                      At 3:30 I WANTED CHEESE!!!! But I didn’t.
                      D – My Farmer made chili for supper So I guess it was a good thing I didn’t have any for lunch… I had a half a glass of wine with him before supper. I tried to have an avocado with my chili, but it was really green…I ate maybe half. Then I mic’d a small apple with a few dates and then I sprinkled a few almonds and drizzled pure Maple Syrup on top.

No candy, no chocolate, but I had wine. It was one of the first times since harvest started that we sat together before supper and talked, so I had a half glass…
                      I really wanted cheese today...

None yet.

Bed at 11:30, my alarm
                      went off at 6:20, I hit snooze, and then let the 2nd alarm go off.
                      Up and out of the house by 7:45. I had to supply teach in the afternoon, but I left earlier so I could stop at a school on the way and visit with a teacher that I used to work with (when I worked for the government) Then I stopped at Tim’s to pick up my chili before work.

I bought a new vacuum after work and tried it out. It seems to suck up Papillon hair OK.

I’m leaving for band now. Two hours of brain work coming up…
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Boo to chili explosions & hooray to the willpower for cheese avoidance!
                        Yup

Originally posted by bone_machine
                        Hope all went w/ band.
                        It was good. This is the band's 20th year! And I've been with it since the beginning!

We are having a piece commissioned for us and the composer was there tonight. That was cool.
                        I had to get my photo taken with him, the conductor and two other long time members, for the local paper...

AND It was a bad hair day...figures.

It had been feeling greasy, so I washed it with conditioner, and it went all wimpy on me...
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• actually it is time we saw a photo of you WNC! Share.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                            actually it is time we saw a photo of you WNC! Share.
                            I had one up for a few days at Halloween, but then I took it down...

I'll think on it.

I'm a teacher, so I feel a little weird about posting a photo.
                            I was hoping for an amazing transformation...You know a great before & after shot...I'm still waiting...
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• well you dont have to do a bikini shot

Comment

I second the request for pix while respecting your desire for privacy.
                                +1

Good Morning
                                Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                                Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                                Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

Working...
                                X