Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    This makes me realise I have no idea at all what being in the services is like and also that I am incredibly thank-LESS when it comes to our own ANZAC day ceremonies. I've never got up at dawn to go and remember the dead. It's not that I dont "appreciate" (for lack of a better word) what people have done and/or sacrificed for my freedom and peace of mind, it's just that I dont really think about it. Funny old world. So to all who make our world a safer and hopefully better place, thank you!
    I think if you've had no affiliation with anything military, this is not unusual. You think about it, you are thankful for the duties of those who went before. There were a couple of kiwis I worked with on my tour at the multinational medical unit. NZ may be small in numbers, but the impact and contribution are huge.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
    I can't imagine what you've been through.

Thank you for doing it.
    Part of the job I chose to do. Sorry for the journal hijack.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      Sorry for the journal hijack.
      No apology necessary

Feel free to hijack
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• It's Friday!!!

It's 4:30 and I'm enjoying a glass of wine
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• It's Saturday!!!

It's 6:20am and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee

But I'm with you in spirit
          My Journal

Comment

• I read too many journals.

I started reading today at 4:00. I've been reading steadily and it is now 5:43...
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Those sound like very cool projects

I'm glad you can do them and enjoy it.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 6 Days 12 Hours 56 Minutes

Food
                10:30 – Lunch at a school. Again. Almost 2 cups of Cauliflower, red pepper, mushroom, carrot salad with olive oil and lemon juice, an Avocado, and an avocado/deviled egg.
                3pm – Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball. 2 oz of almonds and dried cranberries
                4:30 White wine while reading MDA journals
                D – my hubby took me ‘out’ for supper to the 401 service station. My choices were Taco Bell, KFC, A&W, Tim Hortons and Cold Stone Creamery…I chose KFC chicken strips…then, because my friend’s daughter was working at Cold Stone Creamery, I thought I’d order something with a banana in it. (They have to sing if you order something with a banana) She wasn’t serving but I’d waited in line, and had my mind set on ice cream, so I ordered the kid size of Cheesecake ice cream with raspberries and chocolate shavings
                I enjoyed every bite

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                No candy.
                BUT it was Friday and I had 3 glasses of wine before I went ‘out’ for supper. The 3 glasses of wine most definitely contributed to my poor supper decisions.
                I totally forgot that I was trying to do no dairy…I blame it on the wine…and that I was thinking about making my friend’s daughter sing OH well…20%

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                I walked around at school??
                None yet…lets be honest…there will be none tonight…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Bed at 11:30, couldn’t fall asleep until after 12:00. I believe it was because I HAD to get up in the morning for work…
                Up at 6:00. Showered, packed lunch and dressed and out the door at 6:45.
                It was VERY foggy. The busses were cancelled, but the school was open. I drove in anyway.
                It was a pretty good day. One class only had 5 grade 12 students in it. They were great!
                But in the last class, I had to send a boy to the office…he was being inappropriate with his comments and I asked him to be quiet and he told me “You be quiet!” I said “goodbye”.

I came home, poured some wine and read MDA journals.

The farmer came home and wanted to go out to the service center for supper, so we went. Very few primal choices available…(see above)…I decided that this would be my 20%...we’ll see how I feel later…
                I totally forgot about my no dairy goals…meh…

I’m sitting in my recliner, Lily beside me and Josie on my shins, Mac on my lap…
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• (They have to sing if you order something with a banana)
                  Reallllllyyyy? hmmm... (evil conniving plans for next time I go to lubbock.)
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sounds like a decent day overall. Dairy regardless. Bananas and singing are worth a 20%.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wow

It's 5:30 and I just realized that I haven't eaten yet today....

Of course I started wine at 4:00...
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Reallllllyyyy? hmmm... (evil conniving plans for next time I go to lubbock.)
                        Hahaha...
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          Sounds like a decent day overall. Dairy regardless. Bananas and singing are worth a 20%.
                          Thanks for making me feel less guilty
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• When you are trying to catch up on all the journals you read, do you start at the top of the page and work your way down, OR do you start 3 pages back (at your last read journal and work your way up????
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• While supper is cooking, I am drinking wine and cutting my hair...not sure yet if that was a good decision...
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                While supper is cooking, I am drinking wine and cutting my hair...not sure yet if that was a good decision...
                                Be careful...might not be an optimal combination O_O
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X