No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm impressed about the lack of chocolate coin eating. And arrrrr, great outfit, yarrrr!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      I will refrain from any pirate puns, but I'm thinkin' 'em!

You look great.
      This.

How long did it take for your bloating and stomach pains to disappear?
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
        Love the hair and you look skinny!
        Thanks. I still felt bloated Saturday morning.

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        Ahoy there me heartie!

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        I will refrain from any pirate puns, but I'm thinkin' 'em!

You look great.
        Thanks

Originally posted by Suse View Post
        yeah ditto above. When did your hair get so long. envy....
        It took a while, but it's finally "long".
        In May 2010 I cut it about 2" long.

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
        I'm impressed about the lack of chocolate coin eating. And arrrrr, great outfit, yarrrr!
        The chocolate coins just looked - waxy (and I knew I had better waiting for me at home)

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        This.

How long did it take for your bloating and stomach pains to disappear?
        The pains, almost immediately. The bloating, Saturday night, Sunday??
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I've had 2 very busy days.
          And another one tomorrow.
          I have photos.
          Right now, I'm going to bed.
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Sunday

We went out to the bush and dug up 5 trees:

And planted them at home:

I borrowed some old pruners from my in-laws and turned this:

Into this:

5 times
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Monday

I DROVE the COMBINE!!!

1st time EVAR!

There are multiple steps to remember when driving a huge piece of expensive machinery.
              (besides the obvious "Don't hit anything")

When starting, make sure you are in low gear
              flick up the main combine switch
              flick up the header switch
              THEN shift to high gear
              lower the header
              line up to the rows of corn
              drive straight down the row
              at the end
              lift up the header
              flick off the header
              flick off the main combine switch
              swing out the auger arm
              line up to the wagons
              switch to low gear
              lift the lever that starts the auger (to unload the corn)
              switch to medium gear
              if necessary, move the combine a little to evenly spread the corn in the wagons
              when empty
              switch to low gear
              lower the lever that stops the auger
              swing the auger back in place
              line up for the next row and repeat all steps

From 10 am till 5 pm.
              My Farmer drove the full wagons to the elevator and back.

My friend came and rode around with me for a couple of hours:

At 5 I left the field to make supper. I had to drive the tractor home
              Another 1st!

After supper I went to band.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Reminds me of my first driving experience - a tractor at age 7 when we lived in Italy! My parents had a fit, but the local family next door thought nothing of it. As I recall it was fun......
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yeah, it was fun

I'll let you know if it's still fun at the end of November...
                  Last edited by winencandy; 10-23-2012, 05:22 PM. Reason: forgot the I
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Tuesday

Well I had yet another job interview at 10am today.
                    Got the "Sorry, but you were the unsuccessful candidate" call at 3pm.

My life...

I was on my way into London to go shopping with my daughter.
                    She needed a Halloween costume.
                    Surfer Son needed a video game.

I got nothin'

A few Winencandy ranch photos:

We made the Butterfly pen larger. This is what the antique "Double Loop" fencing looks like:

Here's their larger pen (I'm still going to make it bigger):

The Greenhouse and the "drinkin' water" well pump are in the background.

Another view of their pen (from the greenhouse)

Here's my chair inside the greenhouse:

My still growing tomatoes:

Observation:
                    I bought a box of my favourite wine on Friday.
                    3L box (equal to 4 bottles)
                    The box says it will stay fresh for 6 weeks.
                    I thought I'd try it.

6 weeks...
                    Pffft
                    The wine is gone.
                    5 days.
                    4 bottles...
                    Last edited by winencandy; 10-23-2012, 05:25 PM. Reason: forgot a photo
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                      6 weeks...
                      Pffft
                      The wine is gone.
                      5 days.
                      4 bottles...
                      All I can say is "been there, done that..."

Sucks about the job interview. Really.

I love your greenhouse! You're going to have a lot of planning for spring!

And that's a "pen"? More like a butterfly acreage Lucky doggies.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I forgot,
                        On the way home from the interview I stopped at an indoor track (in an arena)
                        I changed and walked a lap and then walked up and down all the stairs around the arena, followed by another lap up top.
                        I was going to do another stair lap, but I did something to my knee and it hurt while doing the stairs the second lap.
                        So I quit.

Last edited by winencandy; 10-23-2012, 05:38 PM. Reason: my i sticks...
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          All I can say is "been there, done that..."

Sucks about the job interview. Really.

I love your greenhouse! You're going to have a lot of planning for spring!

And that's a "pen"? More like a butterfly acreage Lucky doggies.
                          Thanks Greensprout
                          I'm beginning to think I'm not meant to be a teacher...
                          Although I did talk to someone the other day who'd been on the supply list for 9 years...

Right now I'm trying to convince my Farmer to NOT tear down the greenhouse.
                          I know. Farmer. Greenhouse. You'd think it wouldn't be an issue...
                          He's worried about weeds.

By the time I'm done, the pen will be 3x that size

Spoiled little Butterflies

But the alternatives: coyotes, raccoons, skunks, possums (I saw one of those in my lane yesterday!) and the highway...
                          these are all not acceptable...
                          Last edited by winencandy; 10-23-2012, 05:43 PM. Reason: stupid i
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                            I forgot,
                            On the way home from the interview I stopped at an indoor track (in an arena)
                            I changed and walked a lap and then walked up and down all the stairs around the arena, followed by another lap up top.
                            I was going to do another stair lap, but I did something to my knee and it hurt while doing the stairs the second lap.
                            So I quit.

Hope your knee feels better soon!
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• A bottle a day was considered the right amount for health during the Georgian era.

You're almost there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                                Hope your knee feels better soon!
                                Thanks, my knee is better. My daughter's...not so much...
                                Of course, my back still sucks...

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                A bottle a day was considered the right amount for health during the Georgian era.

You're almost there!
                                Ha!
                                I don't think that's a goal I should aspire to meet...
                                just sayin'
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X