• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    Ouch .

Take it easy, sleep well and hope the morning feels better. Ibuprofen can be your friend here.
    Thanks. It's better today.

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
    Gummi worm frenzy AND green worm frenzy! I see it is a hot time with Winencandy...as usual!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Friday

The week is over. I had great plans to exercise this week. Didn't happen.
      However I abstained from wine during the week, so that's a start.

I had wine today. 1/2 a bottle.

I slept till 10 today and then cleaned the kitchen and emptied more stuff out of the trailer. My Farmer built some shelves in one of his new barns (well it's an old barn, but new to us) and I helped him move some stuff over to them. We stopped and checked out a few things in the basement of our new place and then came home and had a beverage or two.

Daughter was working from 4-8 so we went out to the booth for supper.
      sigh

Slow evening

Foods
      2 eggs scrambled with onion, green pepper, cheese and bacon
      champagne grapes
      wine
      fish, fries, coleslaw, gummy worms and ice cream
      more champagne grapes
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Saturday

Daughter had a soccer game at 11 in town. It was delayed 1/2 hour 'cause the ref got lost trying to find the field. Really.
        The sun was shining and I managed to get a slight sunburn (not serious - pink) on my face and arm.
        I think its my 1st one of the season.
        I'm a red head. In the past I've always burned.

The afternoon was spent cleaning (house & trailer) and helping my Farmer take loads of his "stuff" over to one of the new barns.

Friends came over for supper, but left around 8, when we drove Daughter to a party. I picked her up at 11:30.

I surfed the net and watched tv.

I had wine before supper, and ice cream after supper

Sunday
        Soccer tournament, 1 1/2 hours away. 1st game at 8am!!
        Up at 6am
        Very close game, but they lost, so we were done.
        Cleaning, laundry, sorting junk in the barn
        (of course the Farmer doesn't think it's junk - just like we differ on what's junk IN the house )

College Son came home from Walton after supper
        The Butterflies were SO happy to see him!
        We talked about his trip and then watched The Hunger Games (my Farmer hadn't seen it yet)

I'm tired and I'm going to bed.
        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey, I just wanted to stick my head in here and let you know that I'm following your story, and I'm rooting for you! I can't believe you've managed to keep this going since 2010! And I LOVED your year in review posts in 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by roden View Post
            Hey, I just wanted to stick my head in here and let you know that I'm following your story, and I'm rooting for you! I can't believe you've managed to keep this going since 2010! And I LOVED your year in review posts in 2011.
            Hi! and thanks
            It's nice to know who's reading.
            Sometimes I can't believe it either
            I think it's about time time for another year in review...
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Sugar is my Achilles heel.

I tend to think of "No Grains" as being Primal.
              It's now easy for me to say no to bread, pasta, etc. I have no desire to eat them. They do not "call" me.
              My Dragon does not whisper in my ear for them.
              And I can fool myself into thinking I'm being "Primal" because I avoid those things.

I conveniently forget that sugar is also a "nono" (and I don't mean this )

sugar is EVIL
              But my Dragon is addicted to it.

There has been too much ice cream (which I conveniently classify as "dairy" and ignore the sugar)
              WAY too many gummy worms (I really don't even try to "justify" these - they are an addiction - plain and simple)

Those are my biggest "Sugar" weaknesses.

Maybe I don't think of them as sugar because they don't "look" like sugar. No crystalized tiny pieces of sugar. I mean, it's not like I'm scooping it out of the sugar bowl with a teaspoon. How do I make myself "get/remember" that liquid sugar IS sugar???

I'm also very bad at reading labels for sugar. BBQ sauce is a great example. 1st ingredient? Sugar.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my new "revelation", but I should do something...
              Sigh
              Maybe I should partially join Greensprout in her Whole 30. (Although just the thought of W30 makes me crazy)
              A "No Sugar" week.
              Weekdays.
              Not weekends.
              Not a month, that's crazy talk

big sigh
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• After reading Greensprout's journal, I have to add that I also share her "wobbly points".
                too much food, not enough exercise, and alcohol...

no surprises there
                Last edited by winencandy; 08-20-2012, 07:22 PM. Reason: fixed typo
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Monday
                  boring housework
                  no packing
                  I finished reading an ebook from the library that expires tomorrow
                  I checked my work email and some LTO postings came out today
                  Resumes due Friday. There are a couple I can/will apply for

I DID do 50 L4 squats!
                  I know!

College Son picked up 19 empty boxes from the LCBO so I guess I'm packing tomorrow

Farmer and I are having "discussions" about the type of fencing we will be putting up at the new place
                  Our ideas differ
                  He sees nothing wrong with chain link
                  I HATE chain link
                  I was thinking wrought iron or white picket. He wants to be able to see though it.
                  So I searched and found this

I could live with it. If I can find it around here.

My attempt at a NO SUGAR day
                  Foods
                  Chai with whipping cream - NO honey
                  2 eggs scrambled with ham, green pepper and feta, a peach
                  2 glasses of wine (the bottle was open from yesterday, its empty now)
                  1 1/2 pork loin chops, BBQd (with a Garlic Rosemary citrus sauce - that listed sugar as the 2nd AND 3rd ingredient - FAIL), hashbrowns, fried onions, green peppers and cherry tomatoes, small handful of champagne grapes, Moroccan Mint tea (another FAIL - there is SUGAR in the teabag!)

Sigh, even when I TRY, I fail.

I also think I'm eating too many fruits
                  BUT they are in season right now and DAMN IT I'm gonna enjoy them while they are!!!
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• This:

'cause I found it on the "new and improved" iodine thread (The best link ON that thread)
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                      Monday

My attempt at a NO SUGAR day
                      Foods
                      Chai with whipping cream - NO honey
                      2 eggs scrambled with ham, green pepper and feta, a peach
                      2 glasses of wine (the bottle was open from yesterday, its empty now)
                      1 1/2 pork loin chops, BBQd (with a Garlic Rosemary citrus sauce - that listed sugar as the 2nd AND 3rd ingredient - FAIL), hashbrowns, fried onions, green peppers and cherry tomatoes, small handful of champagne grapes, Moroccan Mint tea (another FAIL - there is SUGAR in the teabag!)

Sigh, even when I TRY, I fail.

I also think I'm eating too many fruits
                      BUT they are in season right now and DAMN IT I'm gonna enjoy them while they are!!!
                      But you did good for 1/2 a day, win! I think when your fall backs are sugar and wine, it's hard. I'm eating a lot of fruit, too - but it's in season and soon won't be so I will be eating more winter squash. You can do the no sugar, try today for 3/4 of the day.
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                        But you did good for 1/2 a day, win! I think when your fall backs are sugar and wine, it's hard. I'm eating a lot of fruit, too - but it's in season and soon won't be so I will be eating more winter squash. You can do the no sugar, try today for 3/4 of the day.
                        Thanks,
                        Oh, I do REAL good in the 1st half of the day

It's easy to avoid sugar in the morning when you don't eat till noon
                        And NO ONE drinks before noon!
                        (unless they are on vacation...)

It's the 4-7pm time slot that kills me.
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• So how's today going?

Perhaps baby steps are more in order rather than cold turkey
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                            So how's today going?

Perhaps baby steps are more in order rather than cold turkey
                            Today was good

Tomorrow???
                            Who knows

Baby steps - that's why I said not on weekends
                            That way I'm 4.5 days on and 2.5 days off (my weekends start Friday at 3ish and end Sunday night )
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Tuesday

Another packing day

I did 50 L4 squats again today!

and I tried to drink LOTS of water

After supper I read

Foods
                              Chai with vanilla, whipping cream & no honey
                              Left over pork chop (scraped off the sauce), Havarti and Gouda, a peach
                              Lots of water (1.75 L)
                              Shepherds Pie: hamburger, carrots, onion, cauliflower, garlic, thickened with rice flour, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 blue plums
                              Tazo Zen tea (no cream)

For curiosity's sake I dug out the scale and used CRONoMeter at lunch (397c, 37g Protein, 12g Carbs, 21g Fat)
                              I didn't use it for supper 'cause I don't measure my food when I'm with my family. I had a couple servings of the Shepherds Pie.

No wine
                              No sugar
                              Unless you count the peach and plums?? Should I??
                              Na, I'm gonna keep them - my "baby steps"
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                Thanks,
                                Oh, I do REAL good in the 1st half of the day

It's the 4-7pm time slot that kills me.
                                Maybe a sparkling water with lime during your problem slot? Serve it in a wine glass....
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X