Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, sounds like a variation on the 3 of us
    Me (no explanation needed, right?)
    Middle sis: Princess, kinda dingy, smart when it suits her desires, kinda floating through life
    Youngest sis: Geek, aerospace/ mech engr studies, anime/ manga freak, a bit gith, and as dorky as I am, with a healthy dose of sports in the mix.

I know what I need to pick up again! It'll give me my sprints and my moving slowly: soccer. I always play forward, so.... hmmmm
    now to find a team I like around here.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• no wine, no candy... hell girl, you're gonna have to change your name!

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        So that's what.... January? How awesome is that?!

I'm going to Bali in February, so we share a common goal to get our (more shapely) arses into our swimsuits Good luck!
        Hi!

We leave on January 19th

Bali...nice...

Yup, nothing like a week in a bathing suit to keep you motivated!!!
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
          Wow, such diversity in that bunch! That's a lot of interests for a mom to keep up on.
          Yup
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• WnC, you'll look hot in that bathing suit regardless of whether or not you slim down.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              Damn, sounds like a variation on the 3 of us
              Me (no explanation needed, right?)
              Middle sis: Princess, kinda dingy, smart when it suits her desires, kinda floating through life
              Youngest sis: Geek, aerospace/ mech engr studies, anime/ manga freak, a bit gith, and as dorky as I am, with a healthy dose of sports in the mix.

I know what I need to pick up again! It'll give me my sprints and my moving slowly: soccer. I always play forward, so.... hmmmm
              now to find a team I like around here.
              Neat. I have two sisters too

It's so interesting to watch the different personalities and interests develop

I also used to play soccer. But I played Right Full Back.
              I've coached soccer for about 15 years...Great game!
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                no wine, no candy... hell girl, you're gonna have to change your name!

About 5 years ago I was part of a video production company.
                We would have "brain storming" meetings where we consumed large amounts of sweet, cheap, fruit wines (Peach, Tangerine, Black Cherry) and eat Sweet Tarts, Nibs, Gummy Bears, Rockets, Smarties...
                We were basically sitting around "drinking wine and eating candy" and developing ideas
                It was a wonderfully creative time...

That's where the name came from

Now my tastes have changed. I drink (almost dry) White Wine (I can't quite do 0 yet) and I eat 85% Dark Chocolate.

Hun...

I hope that doesn't mean I've grown up

I'm not ready to do that yet...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I had a large part in raising my siblings, so I know what you mean about watching the personalities develop. Pat (the youngest), wanted to be just like me when she was younger. Here recently, in the past couple years, she's been splitting off from that and creating her own image and personality.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    WnC, you'll look hot in that bathing suit regardless of whether or not you slim down.
                    "That's what he said"
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I hope that doesn't mean I've grown up
                      Hell no!

Comment

• Oh, I'll grow older, but I'll NEVER grow up!
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Suse and naiadknight

Good, 'cause I don't wanna grow up
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 69 Days 12 Hours 45 Minutes

Food
                            L – at 10:30! Only in high school is lunch at 10:30...2 deviled eggs, ľ cup left over moose roast, Ĺ can of coconut water, 3 almonds dipped in almond butter.
                            S – ľ cup moose roast, 2 oz almonds
                            D – Chicken thigh fried in bacon fat, sweet potato cubes fried in bacon fat (I’m now out of bacon fat) boiled carrots with butter, 1/3 of a grocery store tomato (my garden tomatoes are all gone )
                            Baked apple and dates (1/2 cup total) with a drizzle of pure maple syrup.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                            No candy, no chocolate, no wine.
                            And NO dairy…I want it, but I haven’t eaten it yet today…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                            Lots of walking around at the school.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                            Bed at 12:30, asleep by 1 am. If I HAVE to sleep, if I try to make myself fall asleep, it backfires...
                            My alarm went off at 6:30. I got up, showered, dressed, packed my lunch, did my hair and makeup, and was out the door by 7 am.

Ĺ hour drive to the school. It was a easy day. I had a student teacher in the two Art classes. The students were carving for their lino prints. Only one bandaid needed The other class was Civics. We watched Invictus. I only “lost” one student. The office was not surprised that she took off.

After work I took my rings into the jeweler so they could check my claws. My fingers feel naked

NO workout today. I’m vegging in the recliner with the Papillons and my mac, catching up on journals...

Edit: I had some of Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls. A new batch. This batch tastes 'butterier" (is that a word?)
                            Either I put more butter in, or less of the other stuff (I didn't measure) or I wonder if it is because I used unsalted butter this time...
                            Last edited by winencandy; 11-10-2010, 09:04 PM. Reason: Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey winencandy, how do you get that countdown thing happening? I want one for my trip too!
                              My Journal

Comment

• I suck.
                                I slept in.
                                Again.

This is the first year, in forever, that I have NOT been at a Remembrance Day ceremony.
                                Last night, when I went to bed I was planning on going into the local cenotaph this morning.
                                I slept in.
                                I woke up at 11:17.
                                This bothers me.

I turned the radio on to CBC. The Remembrance Day program had just ended.
                                And then Afghanada came on.

What is Afghanada? From the CBC website:

"Created by Greg Nelson, Adam Pettle, Andrew Moodie and Jason Sherman.

Afghanada gives us a grunts-eye perspective of the war in Afghanistan. 3 -1 Bravo is a Canadian Forces light infantry section fighting with NATO forces deep in the heart of the conflict. Every day, Sgt. Pat Kinsella (Jenny Young), Private Dean Donaldson (Paul Fauteux) and Private Lucas Manson (Billy Maclellan), confront the chaos and violence of life "outside the wire."

Based on actual events on the ground in Kandahar, each week's episode takes the listener on an intense and compelling auditory journey, an unadorned reflection of the very real life and death situations Canadian soldiers face every day in Afghanistan."

Iíve been listening to it whenever I can for about 3 years.
                                Today was episode #79. It was a repatriation ceremony.
                                I cried. Pretty much through the whole episode.

I donít have anyone overseas.
                                I havenít lost anyone to war.
                                But my son wants to join the army.
                                And as much as I want to support him in his choice,
                                It scares me.
                                A lot.
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X