No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy- I had the same difficulty with another thread a few days ago. I backed out of the thread, and re-entered, and it fixed itself, whatever it was.

Comment

• Yes, it's showing fine now (and had the same in another journal too).
      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Wednesday

S2C=475 + Sabine's 10 = 485

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
        I am tired of using my brain. I want this ESL AQ to be OVER!!!
        Oh, wait, it will be. Tomorrow, whether I'm finished my assignment or not.
        Yes, that's what I spent most of my day doing...
        And it looks like I'll be spending most of my evening doing it as well...

I did dress in my running gear this morning (well, it was 11am - that's morning for me),
        I went outside, and around the corner of the house.
        Then the wind hit me and I (swore just a little) and turned around and went back inside.
        The race is on Sunday.

My Dragon has decided to "play" with me.
        Of course she's still in bed with me in the mornings, but for the past two days she's decided to torment me mid afternoon.
        "You're hungry" she whispers.
        "I can't be hungry, I JUST ate a 3 egg frittata with spinach, red peppers, mushrooms, and feta."
        "Doesn't matter, you're HUNGRY...Lets see, what are you hungry for??...I KNOW!...You NEED chocolate!"
        "No I don't. Besides, we ate it all yesterday"
        "Your Daughter has a big bag of Aero Bubbles"
        "I tried them yesterday, they tasted BLAH"
        "But they're chocolate!"
        "What about a Mango Tea?"
        "TEA!! Are you SERIOUS???"
        and on and on and on and on and on

I had my 1st magical iodine pill today.
        Please tell me iodine can slay Dragons???
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm DONE!!!!!!!!

52 pages

big sigh

and now bed
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• And you finished early! Good job!

Comment

• Thanks!
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I ran this morning.
                Well, I did MY version of running (run a minute/walk a minute).
                I decided to try it in my old running shoes - to see if that made a difference in my calves.
                In the first few minutes my shins hurt.
                and of course I could still feel my calves.
                I turned around before I reached the 1/2 way point.
                So I probably did about 4K in 34 minutes.
                I walked more this time.

So it looks like I'll be wearing the Merrells on Sunday.

It feels VERY freeing to be finished with my ESL AQ.
                A large weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
                Of course about 5 things I've been putting off are now waiting for my attention...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  It was like we'd known each other for years! We fell into a comfortable conversation - and just never stopped
                  totally jealous... imagine if there had been more of us together, no one would have got a word in edgeways

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                    I had my 1st magical iodine pill today.
                    Please tell me iodine can slay Dragons???
                    Good luck with that! I'm still waiting for my psychic skills to kick in.
                    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Hi W'n'C! How are you going?

I just read the last couple of pages. I was diagnosed adrenally fatigued by my doc when I got my hypothyroid diagnosis. It's quite common for the adrenals to get burned out by making up for a shortfall in thyroid function. Unfortunately it seems from the research that I'm doing, that eating low carb causes your thyroid function to suffer and therefore your adrenals pump out adrenaline to keep you going and then they crap themselves eventually and you end up with adrenal fatigue.
                      I really have fallen out of love with low carb (and by low I mean anything under 150g a day) lately but I know that MDA is probably not the place to talk about it so I'll shut up now.

Congrats on finishing your ESL AQ!
                      My Journal

Comment

• Aaarrrggggghhhhh!!

Sometimes living in a small town SUCKS!!!
                        Like when you REALLY want a Lindt Dark Chocolate bar and EVERY store in town (and the next town) ONLY has milk chocolate!!!!!!!
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          totally jealous... imagine if there had been more of us together, no one would have got a word in edgeways
                          Suse!!! Nice to hear from you!! How's it going??

Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                          Good luck with that! I'm still waiting for my psychic skills to kick in.
                          I can hope, can't I???

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                          Hi W'n'C! How are you going?
                          Same
                          "How you doin?"

I just read the last couple of pages. I was diagnosed adrenally fatigued by my doc when I got my hypothyroid diagnosis. It's quite common for the adrenals to get burned out by making up for a shortfall in thyroid function. Unfortunately it seems from the research that I'm doing, that eating low carb causes your thyroid function to suffer and therefore your adrenals pump out adrenaline to keep you going and then they crap themselves eventually and you end up with adrenal fatigue.
                          I really have fallen out of love with low carb (and by low I mean anything under 150g a day) lately but I know that MDA is probably not the place to talk about it so I'll shut up now.
                          How are you feeling now? How did you"fix" it?

I don't think I'm "low carb" (by MDA standards) I can't remember the last time I was in ketosis.
                          I simply like sweet potatoes and carrots and chocolate and... too much.
                          Of course I haven't tracked anything for months. Maybe I should, just to see where I am...

Congrats on finishing your ESL AQ!
                          Thanks.
                          It feels great to be finished!
                          Last edited by winencandy; 04-14-2012, 01:18 PM. Reason: fixed quote
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thursday

S2C=485 + Sabine's 10 = 495
                            I should rename the squat goal, 'cause I'm eating chocolate...

Lets see, after I ran, I did some much neglected house work.
                            Always fun. NOT.
                            After supper, we took the Butterflies over to the farm and they ran around exploring.
                            They both came back when I called! (That doesn't always happen)
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Friday

S2C=485 + Sabine's 10 = 495

My Farmer spent the day driving this 235 km at 17 mph!

He was helping my uncle, who is moving AND dealing with cancer treatments.

I went into London with my Daughter, sister and niece.
                              We spent the afternoon shopping and then after supper (BBQ chicken, veggies and wine) we went to a OHL (Jr hockey) game.
                              My niece skated at the JLC after the 1st period of the OHL playoff game.
                              We stayed for the game. I had a Palm Bay cooler and a couple handfuls of popcorn.
                              The Knights won. In overtime. We know one of the players. I used to coach him in soccer.
                              It was fun, I got home at 11pm with a headache and popcorn in my pants.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I am running a 5 K tomorrow morning.
                                I'm not really ready for it.

But I made a kick-ass playlist to listen to while I attempt it
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X