Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'd day the chai likely did affect your getting to sleep, especially since I don't think you typically have caffeine in the evenings.
    Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Tea in the evenings would definitely effect my sleep, I think you may have found the answer.
    No tea last night, and although it took about an hour to fall asleep, my mind was NOT racing.
    So, NO MORE tea in the evenings!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    I hear you about living with a "morning person". Hubby mostly is. I am not. Though he often likes a bit of sleep in on the weekends, since he also doesn't get enough during the week, it is rare for me to be up before him unless I have an early shift and he does not. If I sleep till 10 or later on the weekend, he loves to tell me about all the things he's done since HE got up. I don't care. Much. For me, I'm just focusing on trying to get adequate amounts, rather than what hours that covers.
    Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm a morning person too I'm afraid to say, Pete isn't, but then he's not an evening person either - He's just a lazy person. Seriously, that man needs a LOT of sleep! It can be a little frustrating and I find myself wanting to kick him sometimes.... 'you're lying down again!!'
    See Greensprout, morning people just don't "get it"
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
      So, NO MORE tea in the evenings!
      Well, you can have tea in the evening, just not chai. Find an herbal or rooibos that you like. Some of the bulk places are great for picking up small amounts for a try. Or if there's a Teaopia or David's Tea in London, or some other private coffee/tea shop, they have tons of stuff.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
      See Greensprout, morning people just don't "get it"
      Yup
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Well, you can have tea in the evening, just not chai. Find an herbal or rooibos that you like. Some of the bulk places are great for picking up small amounts for a try. Or if there's a Teaopia or David's Tea in London, or some other private coffee/tea shop, they have tons of stuff.
        London has both David's Tea and Teaopia

Right now I have:
        Loose
        Vanilla Rooibos
        Mint Green
        Spearmint
        Simple Pleasure
        Pomegranate Lavender
        Alpine Punch
        Darjeeling Green

Bags
        Pure Peppermint
        Mojito
        Peach Black
        Vanilla Nut Creme
        Organic Chai (2 kinds)
        Chocolatey Chai
        Honey & Ginger Green
        Berryblossom White

and of course my Farmer's Red Rose
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Friday
          Food

Chai with whipping cream
          Leftover roast beef, olives, dill pickle
          A Chai that I had two sips of before I spilt it in my Farmer’s truck
          2 pepperonis
          red wine
          Leftover pulled pork, carrots, frozen raspberries, banana, whipping cream
          More red wine, 85% Lindt

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
          4 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
          11: 20, awake till 12 something. But my mind wasn’t racing. Alarm at 7, 7:30, up at 8
          no, no

Oh, I had a Natural Calm around 10 pm last night.

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

The no tea at night goal works better than the up by 9 goal. And look! I was up before 9…of course, I had something I had to do.

I went to my Home Instruction Student’s place at 9:30. After an hour my student was “done” so we quit. I stopped at the High School and got some more math work for my student.

After lunch I went for a drive to Chatham with my Farmer to pick up a pump he had fixed for his tractor. It cost $1000 to fix a pump!! We stopped at the LCBO and I bought a couple bottles of wine and he bought some Brugal Rum. We took the long way home, driving down small back roads. We stopped at a butcher’s shop and got some sausage, chicken, “free run” eggs (I know) and pepperoni sticks – for the ride. We stopped at our friends for a short visit and then came home for supper.

I skyped with College Son and asked him what he was doing this weekend. Two of his friends were driving up to spend the weekend with him They left at 6pm tonight (for an 8 hour drive!) Crazy boys

University Son is coming home for the weekend. On the train. He debated train vs driving and decided on the train in case the weather turns bad. He's not the world's most experienced driver. The Farmer has to pick him up at 10 tonight.

I bought chocolate today. Lindt 85%.
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Saturday
            Food

Chai with whipping cream
            Leftover pulled pork
            Red Wine, the rest of the Lindt 85%, creamed coconut
            Restaurant food: sad, small salad, perch, a few fries, carrots, orange jello
            Raspberries and whipped cream
            Leftover pulled pork

sad attempt at PBF: about 10 squats and 5 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
            11: 30 – 10:00, no, no

Um, surfed the net, figured out how to download an ebook form the library, drank wine, ate chocolate and read the ebook. Then I got ready and went out for supper with In-Laws (Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Niece) University Son and my Farmer. (My Daughter had to serve for a wedding at a local club so she didn't come with us) It was my MIL’s 84th birthday. The meal was…ok…small town so-so restaurant.

When we came home I sat on the couch, read the ebook and listened to my stomach rumble. Both my Farmer and I ate again. Our supper just wasn’t “enough”. I ate something that doesn't agree with me. My stomach is bloated, my rings are tight and I feel yucky...is yucky a word?

It’s 12:02, I should go to bed.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 'Yucky' is definitely a word, I've eaten many a thing in my life that's made me feel 'yucky'

edit: Wow, I just checked dictionary.com and it really is a word! I was just being nice! "repugnant, distasteful, disagreeable or unpleasant"

Who knew!
              Last edited by NourishedEm; 01-28-2012, 10:33 PM. Reason: Research results.
              My Journal

Comment

• yup, I felt yucky...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

yup, I felt yucky...
                  Better today, I hope. I've had that experience a few times. Some sort of obligatory party/celebration/work thing/whatnot where a meal is involved. Go in with the intent of eating the best you can with what is offered, do just that, and end up feeling like crap for a day or two. Ah well.

I from your previously mentioned list of teas that you have WAY more selection than me. You should have no problem finding a good evening flavor that doesn't have the caffeine <which of course, becomes fuel for the dragon>
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Better today, I hope. I've had that experience a few times. Some sort of obligatory party/celebration/work thing/whatnot where a meal is involved. Go in with the intent of eating the best you can with what is offered, do just that, and end up feeling like crap for a day or two. Ah well.
                    Yup. I feel better today. "You do the best you can"

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                    I from your previously mentioned list of teas that you have WAY more selection than me. You should have no problem finding a good evening flavor that doesn't have the caffeine <which of course, becomes fuel for the dragon>
                    I'll start experimenting. Of course, the containers don't SAY if there is caffeine in it or not...

I need a sign in my kitchen:

"Don't feed the Dragon!"

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

I need a sign in my kitchen:

"Don't feed the Dragon!"
                      Perfect! I can see it now, purple dragon and all! I want one, too!
                      I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Hahahaha!!!

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• That's perfect!
                          I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Comment

• Sunday
                            Food

Homemade Tomato soup
                            Chai with whipping cream
                            Red wine
                            Roasted chicken leg, 2 brussel sprouts, corn, sweet potatoes & white potatoes mashed together, a piece of blueberry cheesecake
                            Alpine Punch Tea

nope

Sleep, Sun & Play
                            2am (I stayed up and finished reading the ebook) – 10 am
                            no sun, a little play – does drawing on my mac count as play?

It was snowing and blowing out today, a good day to veg on the couch. The sweet potatoes were cooked with the white potatoes. I was going to separate them, but University Son mashed them together when I wasn't paying attention My Daughter brought the cheesecake home from the wedding, it was homemade. After supper, my Farmer drove University Son to the train station. I met him at the mechanic’s with my Beetle on his way home. I’m getting my oil changed tomorrow morning. This evening I played with Bamboo and Photoshop.
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I read this on Patrick's journal and I REALLY liked it, so I'm copying it here (so I won't lose it):

"You can tell your daughter she’s smart, funny, capable, caring, and beautiful, while still ensuring that she learns the importance of eating well, exercising regularly, maintaining a healthy weight, AND how awesome a slice of cheesecake is now and then."
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Oh, that is really worth keeping! Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X