No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's your plan going to be to counter the next time mouth hunger and chocolate cravings strike?? Am guessing you have more Lindt 70% in the house??

Nice work on the negative chin up practice! I think those will still be on the off limits page for me for my hand for a bit...

Glad your toe is feeling much better since the departure of the nail. Having it hanging on was probably the cause of the lingering soreness. Just keep it protected until the new nail comes in. No more metal doors with sock feet
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• How do you rate your adherence to the Primal Blueprint in terms of your daily food intake?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        So what's your plan going to be to counter the next time mouth hunger and chocolate cravings strike?? Am guessing you have more Lindt 70% in the house??
        Eat the rest of the bar
        idk, NOT buy anymore chocolate once this is gone?
        I made a coconut oil/coconut milk/creamed coconut/chocolate "thing" today - I guess I thought I could eat that instead???
        Next time I'm not going to add the coconut milk...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        Nice work on the negative chin up practice! I think those will still be on the off limits page for me for my hand for a bit...
        Yeah, you need to get better. But you could already do one right?

Glad your toe is feeling much better since the departure of the nail. Having it hanging on was probably the cause of the lingering soreness. Just keep it protected until the new nail comes in. No more metal doors with sock feet
        ok
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thursday
          Food

11:00 - 3 egg frittata with onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and Camembert. Dill pickle. I couldn’t eat it all. But I still had room for a Lindt 70% square…and some *Peach flavored gelatin cubes
          4:00 - **A few bites of a coconut oil/coconut milk/creamed coconut/chocolate “stuff”
          6:00 - A very small pork steak, a small helping of frozen mixed veggies, frozen raspberries and whipping cream, one square of Lindt 70%

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
          6 reverse chin-ups
          4 short sprints

Sleep, Sun & Play
          11:00 – 8:00, no, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
          I drove my Daughter to school and then climbed back into bed with my Butterflies reading MDA on the Galaxy Tab. I got up at 10. My back felt sore. It sometimes feels that way if I stay in bed too long…I guess I should get up sooner…

I was hungry, so I ate "brunch" although I couldn't eat it all, and then I felt sick after (the cheese??)...I still didn't feel 100% by suppertime. I feel a little better now...

I got a call to go into the local school to supply for the last period, the teacher felt sick. Then I went to my Home Instruction Student’s place. We watched the 1st part of “The Tempest” (a Stratford recording with Christopher Plummer)

Zumba classes are going to start here next week…8 weeks for $45. My girlfriend wants to go and wants me to join her…I should do it…but I’m SO un-coordinated…

*This MAY be my replacement for Real Fruit Gummies!!! – The “mouth" feel is “right” I need to work on the flavor…
          **I don’t think I like the coconut milk added, I’ll have to try to remember to NOT include it again
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
            Yeah, you need to get better. But you could already do one right?
            One for sure, when I work at it, it can be up to 3 or 4...but it's been a bit, once again.

The gelatin cubes are a good idea, as long as they're unsweetened. I was planning on making some gelatin with tea in the summer, as Paleobird was doing, but didn't quite get there.

Zumba? Go for it! I went to one class a couple of years ago, it was fun, even though coordination has never been one of my assets. It would get easier and more fun if you went regularly. Especially if you have someone to go with.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
              The gelatin cubes are a good idea, as long as they're unsweetened. I was planning on making some gelatin with tea in the summer, as Paleobird was doing, but didn't quite get there.
              This 1st batch I used unflavoured gelatin but then I added a little frozen peach juice concentrate. I think I still "need" some sort of flavour...
              How does Paleobird make it with her tea?

Zumba? Go for it! I went to one class a couple of years ago, it was fun, even though coordination has never been one of my assets. It would get easier and more fun if you went regularly. Especially if you have someone to go with.
              Yeah, I think I will. If I don't go, I'll just sit on the couch
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

How does Paleobird make it with her tea?
                I don't recall exactly, but it was a lot of gelatin with rooibos tea and added fresh lime juice. It was either in her journal or maybe the second reality check thread. She suggested any type of tea would work well. I could see Tazo Passion or Wild Sweet Orange giving lots of good flavour if brewed double strength.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

idk, NOT buy anymore chocolate once this is gone?
                  I'm not sure if I'm repeating anything here, but are you taking magnesium supplements? I used to get crazy chocolate cravings that I couldn't understand. There were times when I was like, hey, if you want to binge on some sugar, there's other crap in the house. But I didn't want that other crap. I wanted chocolate. I had to basically strap myself down not to go get some. I thought that was weird enough that I should research it. Turns out chocolate, especially the good dark stuff, is really rich in magnesium. If you're deficient in it, which all insulin-resistant people are, and chocolate is your main source of magnesium, your body will tell you it will die without chocolate. What it's really saying is your body will die without enough magnesium. So I started taking magnesium supplements, now even with my calcium intake, and haven't had a crazy chocolate craving like that since.
                  Starting weight: 225
                  Current weight: 195
                  Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                  Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                  My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• This 1st batch I used unflavoured gelatin but then I added a little frozen peach juice concentrate. I think I still "need" some sort of flavour...
                    Oh yum. I have a bottle of organic cherry juice concentrate and a huge box of Knox, "Jell-o" is a great idea
                    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Originally posted by Lex26 View Post
                      I'm not sure if I'm repeating anything here, but are you taking magnesium supplements? I used to get crazy chocolate cravings that I couldn't understand. There were times when I was like, hey, if you want to binge on some sugar, there's other crap in the house. But I didn't want that other crap. I wanted chocolate. I had to basically strap myself down not to go get some. I thought that was weird enough that I should research it. Turns out chocolate, especially the good dark stuff, is really rich in magnesium. If you're deficient in it, which all insulin-resistant people are, and chocolate is your main source of magnesium, your body will tell you it will die without chocolate. What it's really saying is your body will die without enough magnesium. So I started taking magnesium supplements, now even with my calcium intake, and haven't had a crazy chocolate craving like that since.
                      hmmm...interesting...I'll give it a try. Can't hurt, might help.
                      Thanks.
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
                        Oh yum. I have a bottle of organic cherry juice concentrate and a huge box of Knox, "Jell-o" is a great idea
                        Ooh, cherry sounds very good! I missed jello.
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Friday
                          Food

12:00 – Chai with the coconut milk/creamed coconut/ coconut oil/chocolate stuff added – very nice!
                          2:00 – a Lindt 70% square
                          4:00 – Protein Shake
                          6:00 – ham, scalloped potatoes, peas, homemade applesauce, one square of Lindt 70%, black peach tea (with a Knox package added)

6 – reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
                          11:30 – 9:30, Vit D, no

It snowed last night and all day today.
                          I cleaned and then taught at the local school for the afternoon. Easy.
                          More cleaning when I got home. Eldest Son is bringing a New Girlfriend home for the weekend. I have to drive into London to pick them up; the bus gets in at 9:30 tonight. I hope the roads stay OK…I’m going in a little early, to find the Chai spices and to buy an electric kettle (I think the stovetop one I have is not good for my new stovetop…)
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Safe travels to London winencandy... hope you find the tea kettle of your dreams! xoL

Comment

• Thanks.
                              I'm back. The roads were better coming home than going.
                              I don't think it's the "kettle of my dreams" but for $25, it'll work

I found all the spices I needed and bought a couple of loose teas.
                              Pomegranate lavender and a vanilla roobios.

It's bed time, I'll have to read everyone's journals tomorrow...
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Saturday
                                Food

BAS: romaine, avocado, bacon, cranberries, apple, Brie, lemon juice
                                Homemade Chai with 15% cream (it was too milky, next time I’m NOT going to put so much cream in it!) the last of the Lindt 70%
                                Red Wine
                                Roast chicken, cheese and basil stuffed mushroom caps, roasted carrots and potatoes, corn, dark chocolate covered cheesecake bite, frozen raspberries and whipping cream, pomegranate & lavender tea.

Natural Calm (to see if it will help my chocolate 'cravings')

6 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
                                12:00 – 10:00, no, yes

Easy slow morning. Eldest and Girlfriend slept till noon. After lunch, I made the Chai. It smelled great and then I added the cream and it was too weak At 4 I took Eldest, Girlfriend, Lily & Josie to the lake. I took the butterflies for a short walk and then came back home to finish supper. Eldest and his Girlfriend stayed for a longer walk and visit and then came back home with my parents for supper. They just left (11:30)
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X