• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahaha!

You don't pop the whole triangle in your mouth at once, silly
    Baby bites
    It lasts longer that way.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• My Farmer brought in a 1/2 bottle of red wine that's been rolling around in the back of his truck since New Years Eve.
      It's still good, right???

Hang on, I'll let you know
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thursday
        Food

This:

A leftover pork loin (100g), 2 scrambled egg, onion, yellow pepper stir-fry “thing”
        A Dark Toberone triangle
        Red Wine
        Baked Haddock (200g), roasted veggies, leftover hashbrown casserole (that my farmer found in the fridge from New Years Day) frozen raspberries and whipping cream, and one dark Toberone triangle.

(Rough) Desired Goals
        Total calories = 1345
        Desired protein: 70g
        Desired carbs: 75g
        Desired fat grams: 85g

CRONoMeter #’s
        Total calories = 1551
        Desired protein: 98g
        Desired carbs: 93g
        Desired fat grams: 64g

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
        I entered the #’s because I was curious about how much protein I was getting.
        2 triangles of Toberone = 260 calories and 30g carbs
        sigh...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
        A little
        PBF Levels:
        L3 Pushp – 25
        L3 Pullup –reverse hold for 2 seconds, lower for 4 seconds - 4 chin-ups

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
        11:30 – 10:15am

Surfed the net, made lunch (for a change)*
        Bought a new stove!
        Why? Why do they put STUPID stickers on the front of the stove?

I got it off - I love Goo Gone

Look at that cook top!

I drank the Red Wine that’s been rolling around in the back of the truck since New Years Eve…

University Son called at 4:40. Second day of his Co-op placement and his car won’t start. He left the lights on…multiple calls later…and after failed attempts to boost it, he got a ride home with his boss and left his car there for the night…so my Farmer decided to get him CAA…too bad he can’t use it for 48 hours.

*On the days I have a Chai with whipping cream (around noonish) I’m not hungry till suppertime and I eat a smaller supper. Today, no Chai & whipping cream and I ate a big lunch and then a big supper…hmmm
        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Thats a handsome new cooking implement you've got there, chick... I like toblerone too... sigh...

Comment

• Thank you
            My old one was 24 1/2 years old...I wonder if this one will last as long???

I only buy Toberone at Christmas...
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• So how was that wine from the back of the Farmer's pickup?

Probably just fine heheheheh

Agreed about stupid stickers in stupid places.

Your food numbers look pretty fine to me. Appropriate amounts of protein for sure. Are you going to start tracking again for a while, or is this just a "today" thing?
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                So how was that wine from the back of the Farmer's pickup?

Probably just fine heheheheh
                It was just fine

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                Your food numbers look pretty fine to me. Appropriate amounts of protein for sure. Are you going to start tracking again for a while, or is this just a "today" thing?
                The protein was good. I think the #'s were a bit high because of the wine and chocolate
                I don't know.
                I don't think I'll track every day, maybe just occasional "easy to track" days
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I feel you about the stickers, I just bought the kids some new beds and I wanted to sell the old bunks they'd been using. Unfortuately the little buggers had put stickers ALL OVER them! I swear it took me over an hour of peeling and scraping and then washing with eucalyptus oil to get them all off.
                  They are under threat of death if they ever put a sticker on their new beds.
                  My Journal

Comment

• I was looking back at some old #s.

In 2008 I weighed 130.
                    (I'd weighed that for years and years and years. Not ideal, but I was "comfortable" with it.)
                    By 2010 I'd jumped up to 155. A 25 lb gain in two years!
                    (after 2 years of teaching full time = stress?. Maybe I'm not "built" to be a full time teacher?????)
                    It’s 2012 and I’m 139. (after 2 years of supply teaching – and primal)

I was trying to figure out what I'd done differently during that time:

*LONG hours in front of the computer? (But I spend tons of time on line now...)
                    *NO exercise? But I wasn't really that into exercise before (or after )
                    *Not enough sleep? (My teaching "sleep" hours were midnight - 6:30am)
                    Now, my sleep hours start around the same time, but last longer
                    *Eating habits? They weren't great. Lots of CW. I developed a bad habit of "snacking" at 3:30. Of course I ate all kinds of "junk" - but I've always eaten junk. I think my eating has improved
                    *Stress level? Very high, school was "all consuming"...

idk, am I "on to something" or grasping at straws????

I shall think on this some more...
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I think stress and lack of sleep are absolute killers - literally and figuratively. The excess cortisol causes all sorts of damage to the body and makes it very easy to put on weight. I'm sure from that list that these two are the major contributors to your 2010 weight issues.
                      My Journal

Comment

• I think you are right Em.
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Friday
                          Food

Chai with whipping cream
                          A small ham quiche at the mall (I didn’t eat the crust)
                          Strawberries
                          Red Wine
                          Fried hamburger with pasta sauce and Sriracha Hot sauce (College Son made it)
                          Strawberries with whipping cream, one dark Toberone triangle

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                          nope

Sleep, Sun & Play
                          11:30 – 10:00, no, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                          I took my College Son and Daughter shopping in London today.
                          I avoided the crust on the quiche. I had strawberries instead of chocolate as an afternoon “snack”.
                          University Son texted “Mission accomplished” A co-worker had CAA and called a tow truck for a boost for him.
                          I bought and installed “Printshop 2 for Mac”. Hopefully it will "do" what I want it to...
                          College son bought snowboarding boots to go with his new board. He flies back to Ottawa on Sunday – I’m not sure how he’s going to get all his “stuff” on the plane…
                          Daughter bought a new Xbox 360 with Kinect…I just spent over an hour on the phone with Xbox setting up a Live account…They are now re-arranging my living room so they can play Kinect Adventure...
                          Last edited by winencandy; 01-06-2012, 09:12 PM. Reason: forgot about University Son's solved drama
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Strawberries over chocolate! Victory!

Major using of the brain with setting up all the electronica. I usually fuss and moan about it for a while, then do it and feel very virtuous.

Glad the tow truck resolved the drama.
                            50 yo single mom
                            5'3"
                            Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• Kinects are awesome! A fun way to get in some "moving slowly for long periods of time" unless you're playing one of those river rafting games. I got "Gunstringer" for xmas and it's a pretty unique game that you can play with 2 people.
                              Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                              Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                              "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• They seemed to be having fun last night
                                Except my living room is turned upside down...
                                Yeah, they played the river raft game. My Daughter also bought the Dancing game...(I can't remember what its called)

Gunstringer...hmmm my Farmer might like that...
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X