Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the advice.
    I just got my Daughter to give me the ice pack that we keep in the freezer.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• oh dear on the back. funny how just a simple little movement will do it isnt it. Probably from all that dancing the night before which sounded like a great night out!

Hope it feels better by tomorrow!

Comment

• Thanks
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
          3 egg frittata with onions, mushrooms, tomato, goat cheese
          Virgin NorCals
          Spicy Chicken (leftover chicken fried with onions, peppers and a TON of spices)

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
          No wine.
          I iced my back, took Advil and read some of Ester Gokhale’s “8 Steps to a Pain Free Back”.
          And then I painted a ceiling tonight...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
          I was moving REALLY slowly this morning

(I painted my daughter’s ceiling tonight)

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
          11:00 – 7:30am

I had to supply-teach one class at the local school this morning. If it had been more than one class, I would have called and cancelled. I came back home after the one class and started working in the bedroom. I put a coat of paint on the ceiling tiles that we mudded last night, then I cleaned out the bedroom and washed the floor.

After lunch I went to my Home Instruction student’s house and we worked on English and Math for two hours. I came home, took a couple of Advils and sat on the couch with the ice pack and the “8 Steps” book. I moved to the kitchen chair and practiced Stretchsitting. My back felt better!

I called my band conductor and told her I wouldn’t make band practice tonight.

Instead I put my Farmer and my Daughter to work in the bedroom. They put up the new ceiling tiles, removed the blinds from the windows, caulked the windows and above the door, and changed a burnt out ceiling light. They quit before I could convince them to sand the floor and the door...

I slowly put a coat of paint on the ceiling. Now I’m icing my back and reading about Stretchsleeping before bed.

My Mom is coming over tomorrow to help me paint.
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Glad you're feeling a bit better and that you have helpers for the painting!

Good on you for pulling out Esther's book. I don't have it, but it looks great. I think I"ve forgotten half of what she taught us in person at PrimalCon
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Stubborn much?? If I had a sore back I think the painting could go hang! Good thought about the book, though - I have it but haven't read it all.
              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                Glad you're feeling a bit better and that you have helpers for the painting!

Good on you for pulling out Esther's book. I don't have it, but it looks great. I think I"ve forgotten half of what she taught us in person at PrimalCon
                Thanks.
                I bought the book last November and I'm just getting around to reading it now. (Of course, I NEED it now)

Originally posted by Jac View Post
                Stubborn much?? If I had a sore back I think the painting could go hang! Good thought about the book, though - I have it but haven't read it all.
                I don't know if I'm stubborn....more like I'm trying to meet a deadline...my Oldest Son and his NEW girlfriend might come for a visit this coming weekend. I'd REALLY like the bedroom to be done so they could use it. My Daughter even agrees and is willing to give it up for them. Presently, if any of the boys come home they have to use a pull out couch in the kids' game room.

Of course, now I'm sitting with an ice pack on my back...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Joke of the Day:

Better than a Flu Shot!
                  Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea...As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated,of all things, a condom!
                  When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist. 'Miss Beatrice', he said, 'I wonder if you would tell me about this?' pointing to the bowl.
                  'Oh, yes,' she replied, 'Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter.'
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• snort
                    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• I've got Esthers book too... I really should put the stuff into practice.

Comment

• Food
                        Leftover roast chicken in a romaine lettuce leaf, with a tiny bit of mayo and a dill pickle
                        Chicken thighs, carrots and rice. Yes I ate rice. Uncle Ben’s Chicken and Wild Rice.
                        Virgin NorCals
                        A lot of creamed coconut

No wine.
                        Too much creamed coconut??
                        The rice??? Whatever, it was GOOD. Eek, I just read the ingredients list...
                        I MAY have moved too much today…

Painting. All day. From 9am to 5pm.
                        My mom came over to help me with the bedroom. She painted the windows and the baseboard. I painted the ceiling. (My ladder doesn’t hold the paint roller tray, so this means climbing up, cutting with the brush, climbing down, changing the brush for the roller, climbing back up the ladder, rolling about 4 ceiling tiles, climbing back down the ladder, moving the ladder, picking up the brush and climbing the ladder again…) Then I painted the door, and then the floor. Then I painted the bathroom door frame and door and a hall door and frame.

11:15 – 8:30am
                        I tried Stretchsleeping. I think it helped. It felt good on my back, but I didn’t like how she suggested I use my pillow. I like a small “roll” of pillow under my neck. She wants the pillow flat and under your shoulders...Sometime in the night I turned onto my side, but there was no stiffness or pain when I woke up.

I painted.

Little funny story: When I paint, Josie wants to come in the room and be near me. (The other day she licked the paint out of the roller tray! And she has dark purple paint on her tail from the trim!) Anyway, today, when I wanted to paint the floor (purple), I had to set up a doggie gate to keep her away. She whined on the other side, wanting to be with me. Of course, just as we were almost finished, and I had to move the gate to finish, she slipped by me and ran into the room!!!! I yelled and scooped her up before she got too far. She, of course, had 4 purple feet I carried her down and cleaned her up. Silly pup.

Now I’m on the couch with extra pillows, an ice pack, Advil, “8 Steps”, my macbook and a mint tea.

Early bedtime tonight.
                        Really.
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Yes, you need an early night after all that painting with a sore back, you crazy lady!!

And no wine once again...good for you. Have to counterbalance that prefab rice .
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Yup

I went to bed at 10:30!!!
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                              2 chicken, cheese, mayo, romaine “wraps” ˝ a dill pickle
                              Virgin NorCals
                              “Cabbage Roll Casserole” – hamburger, onions, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes a tiny bit of rice, and garlic
                              Salad: carrot, cauliflower, red pepper, red onion, mushroom, chicken, bacon, balsamic vinegar, olive oil (10 pm)

No wine.
                              My back is almost back to “normal” No ice or Advil needed today.

4 L3 Chin-Ups

10:30 – 8:00am, no sun.

This morning was spent on the couch, cuddling with my Butterflies and watching the Banger Sisters.

After lunch I went with my Farmer to buy crown molding and a register vent. Then he cut some baseboard for me to paint, hung a mirror, a photo and the towel rod in the bathroom. I painted a coat of white on the trim and I scraped the caulking off one side of the stairs. After my Farmer re-caulked it, I painted it as well.

No painting after supper. I read some more of Ester Gokhale’s “8 Steps to a Pain Free Back”.

I hope to go to bed at a decent time again today.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                                Protein shake: coconut milk, 2 eggs, 2 scoops protein, mango
                                Can of tuna with lime juice
                                Virgin NorCals
                                Green Curry Pork: onion, celery, carrot, pineapple, ginger, garlic, coconut milk, and curry spices
                                Salad: cauliflower, carrot, onion, red pepper, bacon, mushroom, balsamic vinegar, macadamia nut oil

(Rough) Desired Goals
                                Total calories = 1345
                                Desired protein: 70g
                                Desired carbs: 75g
                                Desired fat grams: 85g

CRONoMeter #’s
                                Total calories = 1253
                                Desired protein: 128g
                                Desired carbs: 54g
                                Desired fat grams: 57g

No wine.

I counted calories today...

4 L3 Chin-Ups

I thought about sprinting...but it was 3 C
                                I'm such a wuss

11:15 – 8:00am

I put a 2nd coat on the crown molding and the bathroom trim. After lunch was Home Instruction time with my student. After that I bought fancy chandelier light bulbs for my Daughter’s bedroom light.
                                After supper my Farmer changed the light, we went to put the bulbs in to try the light...and I’d bought the wrong size...so no light, therefore no crown molding hung...should have done the crown molding 1st...

I’m NOT painting tonight...
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X