Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
    I have vertigo.

I can't stand without swaying. If I move quickly everything swirls.

So I'm sitting at the computer
    are you drunk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      are you drunk?
      O_O

lol
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• thanks for the training tips for Leo and starr... yes leo jumps up on people cause he is excited... classic "I think you could possibly be bringing me food so I'll jump up to make it easier for you to give it to me". It drives my partner insane and makes him cross.. I dont think I'll be trying your training tips with him around as he is just a grumpy pants when it comes to the dogs

I used camenbert to teach Leo how to shake hands. It took a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. Actually it was quite quick once I introduced the camenbert now that I think about it... but it is very hard to train either of them when the other is in the room I have found. No way will Starr shake hands, too much of a lady....

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          RHPS is on Fox Movie Channel. It's gotten to the point where it really drags...
          I have the DVD.

Last night I put it on my iPhone.
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

are you drunk?
            LOL!

I wish

No. This is the second vertigo episode that I've experienced in the past few months...
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
              Haha, I'm glad you mentioned that! I'll definitely start w/ a half deck.
              Did you try the Deck of Cards yet?
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

thanks for the training tips for Leo and starr... yes leo jumps up on people cause he is excited... classic "I think you could possibly be bringing me food so I'll jump up to make it easier for you to give it to me". It drives my partner insane and makes him cross.. I dont think I'll be trying your training tips with him around as he is just a grumpy pants when it comes to the dogs

I used camenbert to teach Leo how to shake hands. It took a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. Actually it was quite quick once I introduced the camenbert now that I think about it... but it is very hard to train either of them when the other is in the room I have found. No way will Starr shake hands, too much of a lady....
                Does she require a curtsy? I love dogs with personalities

Keep the training light and fun. Positive reinforcements. (If Leo jumps up on you "Oops, that's jumping up, I want/need/asked you to put your paws on the ground" The second he does REWARD him)
                Practice by yourself until your are confident and DON'T give Leo a chance to fail until he "gets it".

Other options you could teach him could include him finding a toy when someone comes (giving him a job), having him sit (but sitting is SO HARD when you are excited) or having your guests kneel down to his height (this is probably the hardest to do consistently because you are relying on different people all the time) but I think the best option is one that gives him a job that is always the same, no matter where he is. (Paws on the Ground)

As far as two in the room, my trainer taught my girls to "Mind your own Business"
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                  DO IT!

(I was Magenta, too.)
                  I wonder how many here have been Magenta???
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                    L – leftover Hawaiian meatballs, avocado & mushrooms, a few pieces of Brie, a small can of Coconut water, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball.
                    S – 2 oz almonds, Butter Ball
                    D – More leftover Hawaiian Meatballs, Caesar salad.
                    S – Goat Cheese stuffed Dates - YUM!!

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                    Non-primal meatballs -BUT I packed my lunch instead of buying school food.
                    No candy, no chocolate, no wine!!! - No time

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Nope – wasn’t home long enough today.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                    Bed at 10:30 because I had a supply teaching job, so I needed to get up early. Of course, I couldn’t fall asleep. I watched the clock until 2 am before I finally fell asleep! And my alarm went off at 6:15. I left the house at 7. I think I took my Vit D...

The supply job was easy. There was a student teacher there and he did everything!
                    I started at 8:20, lunch was from 11 – 1pm then I had a class till 2:20 And I only lost one student!

I flew (drove really fast) back to meet my daughter at Physio (my son delivered her – what ever did I do before I had sons who could drive?) After Physio we came home, warmed up leftovers, quickly ate (I was home for an hour) and then left for a 1 hour drive to the funeral home for my husband’s aunt’s visitation.

I got home about a hour ago, changed into my sweats, ate the dates (awesome) and hopped on the computer.
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                      Does she require a curtsy? I love dogs with personalities

Keep the training light and fun. Positive reinforcements. (If Leo jumps up on you "Oops, that's jumping up, I want/need/asked you to put your paws on the ground" The second he does REWARD him)
                      Practice by yourself until your are confident and DON'T give Leo a chance to fail until he "gets it".

Other options you could teach him could include him finding a toy when someone comes (giving him a job), having him sit (but sitting is SO HARD when you are excited) or having your guests kneel down to his height (this is probably the hardest to do consistently because you are relying on different people all the time) but I think the best option is one that gives him a job that is always the same, no matter where he is. (Paws on the Ground)

As far as two in the room, my trainer taught my girls to "Mind your own Business"
                      haha, yes sitting is very hard for leo when excited, he wiggles with his whole body and just cant quite get his ass on the ground. It never ceases to make me smile!

If i ask him to find his ball he will bark, which will drive my partner bonkers... its a tricky delicate balancing act living with a non dog lover... I know that the bark means "ok ok, yep, exciting... off to get it now" but my partner just hears an annoying bark...

Comment

• Never was Magenta. Been Janet several times, in various stages of undress, Been a Transylvanian a couple times, went as Rocky once (flesh colored bra and gold underwear.)
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yes, naiadknight, pictures please!!!

I uploaded one, but it's waiting for moderator approval...
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Don't have any.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Food
                              L – leftover spaghetti meat sauce, a couple pieces of Brie, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball
                              D – Chinese food in the car – order of spicy beef and order of chow mien
                              S – Goat Cheese stuffed Dates - YUM!!

Take out Chinese food??
                              No candy, no chocolate, no wine!!!

PBF Body Weights
                              L2 Push Up: 5
                              L1 Plank: 30 sec

Shovelglove – 14 minutes, 8 lb sledgehammer. 5 reps of each exercise

Bed at midnight, (again) awake at 7:30, but fell back asleep till 11am.
                              Another Cloudy Canadian October Day – D drops.

Left for the city at 1 with my husband and daughter. My husband needed a suit; he’s a pallbearer tomorrow for his aunt’s funeral. I envy men their ability to shop for dress clothes. We walked into the store (at 2pm), told the salesman we needed a suit, altered and ready to go by 5pm. No problem. He tried on 3 jackets and one complete suit, we picked out his shirt and tie while they measured his pant length, and it was all done and paid for in 15 minutes! 15 minutes!!!

My daughter had a follow up appointment with her surgeon. The surgeon was pleased with her progress. It’s been 3 months and she can straighten it almost all the way and she is a few inches from bending it as far as her ‘good’ leg. She's to keep pushing with the Physio and back again in 6 weeks.

We picked up the suit, got mall take out food and ate on the way home.

My husband left to cut up the moose! Yeah!!

My daughter changed into her band uniform and we went to her school for a concert. She plays Alto Sax. She had to be there at 6:15, the concert was at 7. I watched the ‘highlights’ from Rocky Horror Picture Show on my iPhone while I waited…the concert was very good.

The funeral is tomorrow at 11, followed by a church lunch. It will be sandwiches.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                                L – Church Funeral Lunch. Veggies (red peppers, cucumbers) pickles, fruit (strawberries, watermelon, grapes, pineapple)
                                D – Stir Fry (chicken, water chestnuts, onion, carrot, cauliflower, mushrooms, peppers, bean sprouts) with coconut milk and Thai red curry paste. Goat cheese stuffed dates, almonds and 3 squares of dark chocolate!!
                                And 3 glasses of White Zinfandel!

NO church sandwiches OR squares!!!
                                I had wine and chocolate today – but it’s Friday

PBF Body Weights
                                L2 Push Up: 10
                                L1 Plank: 30 sec
                                That's all

I went to bed at midnight, (again) and woke up at 7:30, up at 8am.
                                Another Cloudy Canadian October Day – D drops.

I was dressed and out the door by 9. Drove to the funeral (1 hours away)

I never do well at funerals. I cry so easily. And she wasn’t even really close to me. I thought I had enough Kleenex, but my daughter used half of them. We had to tear the last one in half. A granddaughter gave a beautiful speech, full of lovely memories. And a letter was read from her daughter (who is a missionary in Africa). The service was videotaped to send to Africa.

If I listen to what’s said, I cry. If I start thinking, “What if it was my mother”, I cry. If I try to think of something else, I feel guilty. I try biting the inside of my mouth to stop crying, but you can only do that for so long. I try to not look at the immediate family, because that doesn’t help.

We sang “Amazing Grace” and “How Great Thou Art”. Well the congregation sang. I can’t sing those songs without crying, so I pretended...

While standing outside the church, watching the casket being carried out, my sister-in-law started sobbing. Both our husbands were pall bearers. I put my arm around her. It’s easier to be the strong one.

The sun came out at the grave site. My mother-in-law did really well. This is the second sister she’s lost.

We went back to the church for lunch. There were sandwiches. Egg salad, salmon, ham. I took a small egg salad, (peer pressure? It was easier to take one than to leave it) and loaded up on veggies and fruit. I skipped the dessert squares. I slowly ate my veggies and wondered what I was going to do about the sandwich that I didn’t want (and egg salad used to be my favorite). I did what I usually do if I’ve taken too much, and I put it on my husband’s plate He ate it. I got more fruit.

We had chicken stir-fry for supper. And wine.

We gave Lily & Josie the moose ribs. I’ll post a photo (when it’s moderator approved)
                                I cut up the moose scraps for the dogs.

I took my daughter to a Halloween dance at the school. I have to pick her up at 10:30.

We are watching an old 1957 movie “Curse of Frankenstein” and "Lost Boys". (My husband has the remote, that means we watch more than one thing...)
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X