No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of me still thinks of this as a "diet" and not a lifestyle...That is what I need to change.
    Good point... me too. I just wish I could buy a motivation pill honestly....

Comment

• +1000000 to you both.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Food
        Lunch: I picked this up at the grocery store:

I fried it up and had it with an avocado:

Dinner: one slice of pizza. Only one. Then I had left over Spicy Chicken. And some more coconut milk/coconut oil/chocolate stuff. Virgin NorCals

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
        The one slice of pizza. But it was small and I only had one. I have NO willpower against hot fresh pizzeria pizza…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
        PBF Levels:
        L3 Pushp – 25, 25
        L3 Pullup –reverse hold for 2 sec, lower for 4 (2 pull & 2 chin) I could really feel it in my arms today
        L4 Squat – 25, 25

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
        11:15 – 7:50am
        Again this morning I felt wide-awake and full of energy. Is this what “normal” people feel like in the morning?? ‘Cause I could get used to this Usually I feel like I could crawl back into bed for a couple more hours. The energy lasted all day...

I went to the school at 9 and met with the English and Math teacher for the student I will be Home Instructing (I’m guessing that they call it that ‘cause they want to differentiate it from “home schooling”?) So now I’m trying to re-read “Catcher in the Rye” before I meet my student tomorrow at 11. (I gotta look like I know what I’m talking about )

I gave a rough copy of the play I edited to the drama teacher. He was so happy, he hugged me

After lunch I captured the second night of the play to my mac. For this performance someone brought a baby to the theatre. Of course they sat near me and the baby cried through the whole play I mean, really??? Who brings a baby to the theatre???? /RANT

I had to take my daughter to the dentist late this afternoon. And then she wanted pizza for supper.

No MDA surfing or journal reading tonight, I’ve got to read J.D. Salinger…
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I love Catcher in the rye. Once of my all-time favourites although it does leave me feeling like I want to jump off of something high.

If you get the urge - Holler!
          My Journal

Comment

• The Farmer had a little "mishap" today at the farm. He asked me to come and bring my camera:

The wheel snapped right off this NEW wagon!

This is how they unloaded the wagon:

Unloading the corn. My Farmer has the yellow hat:

When they started climbing into the wagon, I got nervous and left.

There was some spillage:
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
              10:30: Protein shake (double scoop)
              6:00: This “salad” at the mall:

A square of Lindt 85%

Avoided

Nope, I was going to go for a run, but then my Farmer called and needed my camera…

12:00 – 8:30am
              I really had planned on going to bed early…

I felt “awake” again this morning…I could get used to this.

I had just walked back in the door from dropping my Daughter off at school and thinking about going for a run when my Farmer called. He wanted to know if I could come over to the farm and bring my camera. I couldn’t stay very long, I had to go to my Home Instruction Student. Besides, the Farmer was starting to make me nervous…

I spent 1 ¼ hours with my Student and then went to the local school to supply for the afternoon. After school, I took my Daughter into London to look for paint for her bedroom. We got a small sample sized can and a comforter set, and she bought a ton of clothes at Garage. I bought a purse and a shirt and a scarf (I have, like a hundred billion different scarves, but this one was cute and on sale )

We got home in time to watch Grey’s Anatomy.

Wow, it’s already 11:30.
              Bed time.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Remember

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                  3:00: a Wendy’s chicken grill (just the chicken, no sauce, no bun) Lindt 85% (2 squares)
                  7:00: a tuna, potato, mixed veggie casserole.
                  Red Wine

Well, I made the stupid mistake of agreeing to let a guy come “test” my water...

2 reverse chin-ups. That is all. Pitiful

11:30 – 7:00 (awake, tried to fall back asleep. Finally gave up at 8:00am)

I felt “awake” again this morning...
                  I decided to try an extended IF today.

I had a supply teaching job in London this afternoon (11:40 – 2:20) I watched the Terry Kelly video this morning, (it always makes me cry) puttered around the house and then left for London. I listened to the CBC broadcast of the Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa while driving.

It was a good supply afternoon – until the last 5 minutes. Then the Grade 9 boys I had turned wild.

Really. Wild. Crazy.

I thought I should get some protein at 3, I wasn’t really hungry, but I knew I had to go to my Home Instruction student and I wouldn’t get home till after 5, so I stopped at Wendy's. Maybe not the best option, but I needed fast...

Home Instruction student was great.

I got home at 5:30 and poured some red wine, did the dishes and started supper.

Did you notice that I DIDN’T have wine all week?????
                  Pretty good eh?

A Simpleh2o salesman just left. It was supposed to be a 10 minute “free” water test. He didn’t “test” for anything, just dropped a few dyes/soap/tea in my water and his “pure, filtered water” to show me the difference. Then he wanted $6000 for a water purification system. This took about an hour...

We didn't buy anything.
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Did you notice that I DIDN’T have wine all week?????
                    Pretty good eh?
                    Yes, I noticed, and am suitably impressed. A better week than me.

I was surprised you were teaching today, but forgot that in ON, it's not a school holiday on Remembrance Day, like it is in most other provinces. Don't envy your having to deal with unruly grade 9 boys, hahaha. Did you send them all to the office?

I saw your post this morning of the Terry Kelly video, and chose not to watch it. The remembering of "been there, done that" is good enough for me today.

Stupid water salesman...glad you sent him packing.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                      I was surprised you were teaching today, but forgot that in ON, it's not a school holiday on Remembrance Day, like it is in most other provinces. Don't envy your having to deal with unruly grade 9 boys, hahaha. Did you send them all to the office?
                      Ontario schools have assemblies, but the banks are closed.

no...can't sent the WHOLE class to the office...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                      I saw your post this morning of the Terry Kelly video, and chose not to watch it. The remembering of "been there, done that" is good enough for me today.
                      I can't imaging what you've seen...

Stupid water salesman...glad you sent him packing.
                      yup...but I did get a stainless steel water bottle from him...
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                        4:00: red wine

7:00: 2 pork chops, roasted carrots, cauliflower and potatoes, Lindt 85%

Avoided

I took the Butterflies for a walk on the beach. I did a couple of sprints while we were there.
                        Nice beautiful clean beach...

12:00 – 6:30am (I thought this was too early to get up so I closed my eyes again. I got up at 9:30)

I sprayed some mold control stuff on the bathroom ceiling. I’m to let it dry overnight and then I can paint it.

I wasn’t hungry at lunchtime, so I thought I’d wait until I was.

I took the Butterflies out to the field for a combine ride.
                        Josie was looking out the window, Lily crouched on my lap and shook. She’s such a chicken.
                        Then we went for a walk at the lake.

I broke my fast with red wine.

It’s the evening, so I’m holding down the couch…again.
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Combine Photos:
                          The view from the cab.

Josie in the combine:

Lily in the combine:

The wagons:
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The beach looks lovely! I'd be inspired to sprint there too.

I giggled at the butterflies on the combine .

Does it strike you as sort of ironic that you've gone primal, and your farmer grows corn? And I think I recall a few other decidedly non-primal crops. Granted, I at times have to comply with CW crap in clinical practice, so not really any different. Just rather ironic.

How was the Gamay? I've had some other brands from Niagara, which were very tasty. Also last time in On, I had a lovely gamay noir from Prince Edward County, but can't recall the winery. You seem to be adjusting nicely to the reds
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Sunday

Food
                              11:00: 2 fried eggs, 5 slices of bacon
                              Red wine & a Lindt 70% bar
                              6:00: beef stew with potatoes and carrots (thickened with arrowroot starch) baked apple with frozen melon and frozen raspberries, cinnamon, a drizzle of maple syrup and a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.

Well, I didn’t need the whole Lindt bar...I think 70% isn’t strong enough, it was too easy to eat...

I painted my bathroom, 2 coats on the ceiling and one coat on the walls.

11:30 – 9:00am
                              Lots of painting today. I like the colour. It’s called Pure Earth.
                              I sipped on red wine while painting. I finished the bottle I opened on Friday and started another. This one:
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                The beach looks lovely! I'd be inspired to sprint there too.

I giggled at the butterflies on the combine .

Does it strike you as sort of ironic that you've gone primal, and your farmer grows corn? And I think I recall a few other decidedly non-primal crops. Granted, I at times have to comply with CW crap in clinical practice, so not really any different. Just rather ironic.
                                Yeah, I know...my sister asked me about the same thing just the other day
                                I guess it is kinda the same as having to follow CW in a job.
                                I married a Farmer. He's not going to change. At least there's the possibility that once we move to the farm we'll be able to raise our own beef and chickens.

How was the Gamay? I've had some other brands from Niagara, which were very tasty. Also last time in On, I had a lovely gamay noir from Prince Edward County, but can't recall the winery. You seem to be adjusting nicely to the reds
                                The Gamay is nice. It's lighter, not as strong as some reds. A good introduction to red.
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X