Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday was a BAD primal day.
    I left home at 10:30 am and returned at 10:30 pm. I drove my sister into the city (an hour away) for an appointment (her car broke down) and at 1pm, I found myself at Wal-Mart with her. She’s starving because its after lunch time, so we eat at McDonalds. It’s a ‘mini’ McD’s with a limited menu. Great. I find myself wondering, “Which is worse, chicken nuggets, McChicken or a Big Mac?” I said “To hell with it” and order a Big Mac. I felt blah all afternoon and kept burping it up.

I drove her home and then picked up my daughter from school and drove her to her Physio appointment (30 minutes away). After Physio we drove BACK into the city because she wanted to go shopping.

We shopped, then went to $tarbucks in Chapters. I debated between a Tazo Chai Latte and the Spiced Pumpkin Latte, the cashier said “the Spiced Pumpkin is only here for a limited time” so I tried it. BLEH! I HATE coffee I went back and told the cashier that I’d made the wrong decision and that I hated coffee. They gave me a Tazo Chai Latte - FREE! I was prepared to pay for it, it was my mistake, so this made me happy.

Then we went to the mall, more shopping. I love shopping. Retail Therapy.

At 7:45 we were in the food court. My daughter had Subway. In the past I would have split a sub with her, but I said that I’d had a burger for lunch and I didn’t want another sandwich for supper. I looked around and decided on Chinese. I got a half order of Spicy Beef and a half order of Chow Mien and water.

We were waiting around because we were meeting my son and his girlfriend that were coming from Toronto with a friend. My daughter reached her shopping “wall” at 9:30. We went to a Tim Hortons, she got a drink and a muffin. We sat at a table, I nibbled on a few almonds and we both opened our books. I had only read two pages when my son arrived.

We loaded their stuff into the trunk of my Beetle (amongst the shopping bags) everybody piled in and we drove home.

Food
    Big Mac, a few of my sisters french fries with ketchup.
    Tall Tazo Chai Latte
    Spicy Beef and Chow Mien (half order)
    A few almonds

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Well I didn’t do very good at this today, BUT
    I had water instead of pop at McD’s and didn’t order any of my own fries.
    I didn’t have a sub for supper.
    I didn’t order anything at Tim Hortons
    No Candy, No Chocolate, No Wine

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope, still sore from the Deck of Cards

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at midnight, up at 1am because my husband the hunter returned from his 10 day hunt!!!
    Back to bed after a bit I got up at 8:30, drove my daughter to school. Stayed up and got ready for my busy day.

I consider shopping with my daughter to be a form of play.

I didn’t use my brain very well yesterday when I made my food choices.
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-23-2010, 08:00 AM.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
      L – Bacon Avocado and Tomato salad, a few slices of Brie
      S – Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball
      D – Two chicken drumsticks fried in bacon fat, potatoes and carrots fried in bacon fat, cauliflower with butter, baked apple with Double Cream, cinnamon and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
      A couple squares of Dark Chocolate
      Two glasses of wine

I did much better today.
      But I had some wine, some dark chocolate and a drizzle of maple syrup

Nope, but my thighs have finally stopped screaming at me

Bed at 12:30, up at 10. No sun today, vitamin D drops.
      It was an easy day today. I fried 2 lbs of bacon for my kids for lunch. They made BLT’s, I made a salad.
      I gave my Papillons baths, then they cuddled in blankets and shivered for the afternoon
      The wine tasted wonderful

I looked back in my journal and on October 2 I first mentioned the unopened dark chocolate bar...
      I decided that I’d left it alone for long enough and I had a few pieces.
      This was my favorite Lindt bar. And it was too sweet.
      Really.
      And I wanted more. I had a few almonds and brushed my teeth instead.
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
        L - Avocado, tomato, bacon, egg salad and a piece of Brie
        S – A piece of Brie, almonds, dark chocolate, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball, wine
        D – Beef ribs, roasted potatoes and carrots, cauliflower. Baked apple with crème fraiche cinnamon and pure maple syrup. Chai Latte with Double Crème !
        S - The rest of the Dark Chocolate Bar

It’s Sunday. I had some wine while I was making supper and while I was reading on the deck. I also had some dark chocolate.
        But I intend to leave the wine and chocolate alone until Friday again. I finished the bottle of wine and the dark chocolate bar so they wouldn't be around to tempt me

PBF Body Weights
        L2 Push Up: 10, 10
        L1 Overhead Press: 20
        L3 Squats: 50
        L1 Plank: 30 seconds, 30 seconds

I got to bed at 12:30. I had to pick my daughter up from an ABC dance (Anything But Clothes). Interesting outfits...

I slept in till 11am. Surfed the net. Prepared my beef ribs. Did a little training with the dogs. We have a fenced in yard. I’m teaching the Papillons to wait on the deck while I open the gate. They know “wait”, they know “on the deck”, I just had to put the two together

It was warm this afternoon, so I took my wine out on the deck and read while the dogs were eating their raw chicken drumsticks. I took some almonds and dark chocolate out with me too

While waiting for my dh to come home for supper (he’s farming and he got a flat tire) I did my PBF.

I’m reading about Shovelglove and tomorrow (when everyone’s gone) I’ll give it a go.

I received an email from Chapters Indigo that they were canceling the Primal Blueprint that I ordered at the beginning of September. So I went on Amazon.ca and ordered it and Robb Wolf’s book. (I needed 2 so I could get the free shipping). Really. 7 weeks and no book???

I presently have 11 primal based websites open on my computer

And on a sad note, my garden tomatoes are almost done
        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I feel sick after eating the rest of the Dark Chocolate bar.

That's never happened before...
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• you're doing great WNC. Wise move finishing the choc and the wine... if a wine bottle is open, there is almost no way I can ignore it

I need to train my dogs (well one of them anyway) to not jump on people when they arrive. It is so annoying, I've tried everything I can think of, now I just hold him down and growl. My other little one is such a princess she has to decide if she likes you first so no worry there about her jumping on you.... I would like it to be a bit more relaxed when people arrive though without me yelling... I need to be more calm and assertive as Cesar would say.

I have walked my dogs the last 3 days in a row. How you doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
              you're doing great WNC. Wise move finishing the choc and the wine... if a wine bottle is open, there is almost no way I can ignore it
              Yup, an open bottle is too much of a temptation.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
              I need to train my dogs (well one of them anyway) to not jump on people when they arrive. It is so annoying, I've tried everything I can think of, now I just hold him down and growl. My other little one is such a princess she has to decide if she likes you first so no worry there about her jumping on you.... I would like it to be a bit more relaxed when people arrive though without me yelling... I need to be more calm and assertive as Cesar would say.

I have walked my dogs the last 3 days in a row. How you doing?
              Is he jumping up because he's excited? (What is his name?) Tail wagging, licking, happy to see the person. OR is he jumping up and growling, trying to scare them away?

If it's the 1st, what do you say when he jumps up on people?
              I think maybe he associates what you say with jumping on the person. (Like you are telling him to jump - maybe "GET OFF" means jump up)

If it's the other, he could think your yelling or holding him and growling means that you are 'agreeing' with him and the person is scary.?

I have a suggestion for you. It's gonna seem weird

I would like you to get some REALLY good treats. Meat. In small pieces. This is an important lesson, make it significant. Then I want you to get him to jump up on you (or your partner) When he jumps on you I want you to get excited and NAME IT! "Excellent (dog's name) That's Jumping ON!" (or jumping up) and give him some meat. Reward him. Be happy. Do it a couple more times. See if he will jump on you if you ask him to.

Now he knows "Jumping On". Now you teach him the opposite. You can call it what ever you like: 4 on the floor, standing, paws on the ground.
              (Hahahaha! I just thought of the song "Pants on the Ground")

While he's standing there, I want you to NAME IT “Excellent (dog’s name) That’s keeping your paws on the ground! I LOVE it when you keep your paws on the ground!" Have a BIG party! Pay him with LOTS of meat! Let him know it’s important to you that he keeps his paws on the ground! Repeat 2X.

Now, for the next step you will need a helper. Someone who’s patient.
              Have them wait outside your door (out of sight) while you tell your dog that (the helper’s name) is coming over and that he need to remember to keep his “paws on the ground” if he wants to see (your helper). This does two things, for one, your dog will think you are a god because you knew what was going to happen before he did, AND you give him a chance to prepare himself.

Signal your helper to come (wave, cell phone) and open the door.

IF he starts to jump up SHUT the door quickly (with your helper outside) and say “Too bad, you Jumped Up, now you can’t see (your helper). If you want to see (your helper) you need to keep your paws on the ground. Are you ready?” Wait a few seconds for him to get himself ‘ready’.

Try it again, and again until you get a success. If he’s successful for even a second, REWARD IT! Give him a big party and pay him with some meat for a job well done. “Excellent (dog’s name)! You kept your paws on the ground! I LOVE it when you keep your paws on the ground!” Repeat for 2 more successes. Make sure you finish with a success, that is what you want him to remember.

Once he’s ‘got it’ you should just have to remind him. “____’s coming over, if you want to see _____ you need to keep your paws on the ground” If he does, his reward is that he can see the person. IF HE JUMPS UP, say “Too bad, you didn’t keep your paws on the ground, now you can’t see _____.” And depending on where you are, remove (your dog). Put him inside or in another room for a minute and then ask him if he wants to try it again. It's important that he gets to try again.

MEANWHILE don’t forget to reward your princess for her wonderful behaviour

Tell her how wonderful she is because SHE kept her paws on the ground.
              You could also give her his meat. Tell him that
              “(her name) gets (his name) meat because SHE kept her paws on the ground”

Try it.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                L - Avocado, tomato, cauliflower salad, a few pieces of Brie and a small bowl of Full Fat yogurt.
                S – Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball, a few almonds.
                D - Hawaiian Meatballs, cauliflower.

The meatballs were not primal. It was an old recipe and my daughter wanted it. It had a ½ cup of brown sugar in it.
                No candy, no chocolate, no wine!!!

PBF Body Weights
                L2 Push Up: 12!
                L2 Overhead Press: 5
                L3 Squats: 30

1st Shovelglove session! 14 minutes, 8 lb sledgehammer. 5 reps of each exercise

Barefoot sprints outside with my Papillons

Bed at midnight, awake at 7:30, but then I laid in bed reading MDA on my iPhone and playing with my Papillons until 10:30!
                Cloudy Canadian October Day – D drops.
                Play with Papillons. Sprint with Papillons.

Drove my daughter to her Physiotherapy.

Made meatballs.

My stomach didn’t feel good after supper again today so I didn’t go to band practice. Funny, it felt the same as it did last Saturday when I had meatballs (and threw up) and this time it was a different recipe and I had NO wine...hmmmm

I used my brain giving Suse a training idea for her doggy
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                  Oh man, I GOTTA try the Deck of Cards! Thanks for the movement inspiration, w'n'c. Keep up the good work (outs)!
                  It's a workout! You are in better shape than me, so you shouldn't be in pain for three days after.
                  The next time I do it I'm starting with the lower half of the deck. So I can move the next day
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Whoot!!!

We had our municipal elections yesterday and our friend (who stood up at our wedding) was elected MAYOR!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance!!!!
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• It's my oldest son's birthday today!

He lives in Toronto with his girlfriend. But he was home on the weekend
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I have vertigo.

I can't stand without swaying. If I move quickly everything swirls.

So I'm sitting at the computer
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Glee Style

Now I have to watch my DVD of the real thing...again

Magenta is my favorite! Maybe I'll dig up and post an old photo of myself in costume...
                          Last edited by winencandy; 10-26-2010, 06:04 PM.
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                            IF till supper. Not planned, I just didn't feel good.
                            S – Spaghetti meat sauce, fried onions, mushrooms peppers, Caesar salad, avocado, ½ of a tomato, baked apple with crème fraiche and a drizzle of pure maple syrup, a few almonds

No candy, no chocolate, no wine!!!

Nothing today

Bed at midnight. Up at 7:30, but I felt dizzy so I went back to sleep. I slept deeply until noon.
                            I’ve had vertigo all day. I’ve spent most of the day in my recliner.
                            No sun, no play.
                            I watched Glee’s version of Rocky Horror Picture Show and now I need to watch the real thing.
                            And maybe dig up the photo of me as Magenta…
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              FoodI received an email from Chapters Indigo that they were canceling the Primal Blueprint that I ordered at the beginning of September. So I went on Amazon.ca and ordered it and Robb Wolf’s book. (I needed 2 so I could get the free shipping). Really. 7 weeks and no book???
                              I received both books from Amazon today! Two Days! Not 7 weeks!
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• RHPS is on Fox Movie Channel. It's gotten to the point where it really drags...
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X