Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
    So, once Labour Day weekend is over, it's time to get serious again...
    Yeah, you and me both.

Things will work out for college son. Once he gets started in his program, he'll likely be having too much fun with the guys to be homesick. For you, 8 hours is not so bad. He'd be a lot further away if he was off to basic training in the army, plus you don't have those extra stresses of where that could go. Maybe that's not consolation for what you're feeling right now, but he's obviously decided he's ready to start this new chapter of his life, you just need some adjustment time to do the same.

Looking forward to your reflections on primal year one in review .
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
      So, once Labour Day weekend is over, it's time to get serious again...

I've let a LOT of the PB "laws" slide this summer, but I haven't gained anything! - I also haven't lost anything...

~~~

I looked back to the beginning of my journal and I started PB on Sept 7th...so I guess this Sept 7th I should do a "year in review" thingy...
      I look forward to that, I'm coming up on a year too, maybe I should do the same.

Sorry that you're going through a tough time, I can understand why you're worried, especially about this son. I have a son like that too who is a bit more sensitive than the others and will have a harder time with a lot of things growing up I think. At least I don't have to think about them moving out for a while though, thankfully.

He'll be fine, you're a good mum and you've raised him well.
      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        Yeah, you and me both.
        So, we'll keep each other on the "straight and narrow"?

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        Things will work out for college son. Once he gets started in his program, he'll likely be having too much fun with the guys to be homesick. For you, 8 hours is not so bad. He'd be a lot further away if he was off to basic training in the army, plus you don't have those extra stresses of where that could go. Maybe that's not consolation for what you're feeling right now, but he's obviously decided he's ready to start this new chapter of his life, you just need some adjustment time to do the same.
        Thanks. I know. I've told myself all of that. I know it's true.
        I'm better today

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        Looking forward to your reflections on primal year one in review .

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        I look forward to that, I'm coming up on a year too, maybe I should do the same.
        Please do!

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        Sorry that you're going through a tough time, I can understand why you're worried, especially about this son. I have a son like that too who is a bit more sensitive than the others and will have a harder time with a lot of things growing up I think. At least I don't have to think about them moving out for a while though, thankfully.

He'll be fine, you're a good mum and you've raised him well.
        Thanks
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• So, today, I went shopping with my Daughter.

We asked University Son if he wanted to go or if he needed anything.
          A couple of binders, and maybe a desk chair (like we got College Son)
          Evidently, 3rd year University students don't need very much

He's in a co-op program and he's still unsure if he'll have a co-op job this semester or if he'll take some classes...he's signed up for the classes, but he's still looking for a job...yet more indecision in my household...either way, he's going to Guelph on Tuesday night or Wednesday. (Classes start Thursday)

We bought these moccasins (we wear the same size ), 2 desk chairs, a couple of shirts (for me! - Daughter picked them out), and some shirts for her. Then we went to Chapters and bought 6 books...

I had a Greek Salad with chicken (mall food, but pretty good) and then we nibbled on some dried mango on the way home.

NO $tarbucks!!

I had a bowl of "taco salad" (all the taco fixings tossed in a bowl without the wrap) and I'm having a spearmint tea.

NO alcohol today.
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Wow, look at you and all your healthy decisions!

Nice mocs.
            My Journal

Comment

• Yes, well done saying "no" to the twin demons of coffee and booze. I'm finding that any more than one glass of wine once a week really stalls me.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                Wow, look at you and all your healthy decisions!

Nice mocs.
                Thanks

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                Yes, well done saying "no" to the twin demons of coffee and booze. I'm finding that any more than one glass of wine once a week really stalls me.
                My $tarbucks weakness is the Tazo Chai Latte - although lately I've found them to be too sweet...

I think, once the long weekend (and therefore summer) is over, the wine will have to be restricted. I believe it is stalling me as well...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Argh!!!!
                  I just lost a post!!!

Sigh...

Today we cleaned house, got groceries, froze sweet corn, made dill pickles (only 3 jars - we waited too long in the season and couldn't get enough small cucumbers ) what else...oh yeah, I bathed both dogs...my brother in law brought over two 11 quart baskets of peaches!!!...the daughter's boyfriend came over...

Eats:
                  I had a 2 egg frittata with onion, yellow pepper, tomato, and cheese. (at 1pm)
                  Some blue grapes
                  a peach
                  a couple white wine/sparkling water/fresh peachs drinks (I cut up peaches in a goblet and added the wine/sparkling water)
                  Roast chicken, cauliflower, squash, tomato/cucumber/balsamic salad
                  Peaches & ice cream, tea
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I made some coconut oil/coconut cream/chocolate/shredded coconut bars.

And I ate several of them
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• YUM!! To chocolate/coconut bars and peaches and especially the peach mimosa drinks.
                      My Journal

Comment

• I didnt realise that college son was so far away. He'll be fine and you'll be fine... as someone up there said, at least its a better option than the army huh?

I'll look forward to your yearly review! And like you, I too need to get with the program. Life gets in the way sometimes. We've got summer coming up and I want to look good in a bikini as opposed to look barely ok. My stomach feels huge today. I need to give up the booze.

Maybe we should have a little whole7! ???? no booze, no grains, no sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                          YUM!! To chocolate/coconut bars and peaches and especially the peach mimosa drinks.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          I didnt realise that college son was so far away. He'll be fine and you'll be fine... as someone up there said, at least its a better option than the army huh?
                          Yeah, it's far...and thanks, he'll be fine and so will I. and yes, it is better than the army.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          I'll look forward to your yearly review! And like you, I too need to get with the program. Life gets in the way sometimes. We've got summer coming up and I want to look good in a bikini as opposed to look barely ok. My stomach feels huge today. I need to give up the booze.

Maybe we should have a little whole7! ???? no booze, no grains, no sugar.
                          I haven't started my review yet...I'm feeling a bit of pressure

Life does get in the way. I need to give the booze a holiday. at least during the week...

However, right now I have a small problem...I have about a 1/3 of a bottle of wine left...do I drink it now (although I don;t really want any more now) and start with no alcohol tomorrow?? Or do I drink it tomorrow??? It won't be any good by Friday...
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Oh, I'm watching this:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Today I don't feel like doing anything...

I had a University friend stop by, he is teaching 3 Communication Technology classes (starting tomorrow) and his computer is toast. He lost ALL his stuff So I gave him digital copies of mine.

I had a protein shake for lunch (with a peach in it)
                              I drank wine this afternoon.
                              Beef ribs (in the crock pot all day) roasted potatoes and carrots, tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, and a peach.

I don't have an official "plan" for tomorrow...not yet...
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Tomorrow is the first day of school.
                                I don't have a class.
                                I'm an Occasional Teacher (supply)

I'm OK with it.
                                Last year, at this time I was not.

I decided that I could NOT / would NOT let myself feel like that again.
                                So, I changed my goal. I "moved my cheese"
                                I'm going to enjoy the freedom that being an Occasional Teacher gives me.
                                No prep, no marking, a 8-2 job (instead of 7am-11pm)
                                The freedom to take a surprise trip to Vegas...

I'm no longer going to let myself think that I'm a "failure" because I don't have a full time teaching job.
                                That line of thought takes me to a place that I WON'T go back to!

So, to celebrate my "new" attitude, tomorrow morning, while my fellow teachers are in their classrooms, starting the new year, I've booked an appointment with a new hairdresser - one who specializes in curly hair
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X