Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
    Wine,
    It's a good idea to get copies of all test results. That way you have a record and can compare how you are doing over time. You can call the doctor's office and request copies be mailed to you.
    I'll ask the next time I go in. But I have a feeling that he'll give me grief - he's a "I AM DOCTOR" kinda guy...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      yay for you WNC. I think that yes, you have some residual depression from the redundancy that is making you tired. it is that sleeping late that makes me think that.... hopefully this will pass. be nice to yourself, it is ok to sleep,
      You are right, and I starting to see it get a little bit better.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
      but be mindful of the fact that you cant hide away from the real world, the truth (for lack of a better word) for ever.
      This is BANG ON. I was/am hiding, licking my wounds Time to kick my ass into gear...

I'm actually thinking you need a new challenge, we dont need the same challenge, we can run separate challenges in tandem.... you I suspect need to get out of bed a little bit earlier ... its easy to stay in bed when you think the world doesnt want you... well I say get up and get those dogs walking....
      That sounds like the 'perfect' challenge for me. Perfect because it will be a challenge to get up earlier or to stay up once I'm up.

In some ways I cant relate but i will tell my own story of feeling a bit down and out.... I moved from a very stressful job, 2 govt depts merging, I could have been made redundant but i wasnt (in some ways I wish I had been). I worked my butt off as part of the merger, hated (no actually let's make that HATED with capitals) my new boss, got no support, nothing. finally decided i would leave. Got a fab new job but I was so burnt out that being in a new learning environment I couldnt cope, fell apart and quit after 2 months. I was seriously depressed.... I had a mortgage, I was a grown up now for heavens sake!... I was single and suddenly had no income. eeek. I slept a lot for the first 3 weeks, i could barely get out of my pj's, but eventually, I got up and i walked every day down at the waterfront (if only I had my dogs then) and my sense of myself returned and so did my energy (and you know i am a pollyanna, I also got a really good tan! ). I got another job at 2.5 mths (and I admit that helped in recreating my sense of self and this isnt an easy thing in a recession when there arent jobs), it wasnt the best job, it was a temp job paying way less than I was used to, but i did it for a few months until something better came up and I guess I was lucky in that there were temp jobs available for me. so anyway forgive me for raving on,
      No forgiveness needed. Thank you for sharing. It helps me see that I'm not going crazy, that I'm not the only one that's felt like this.

but dont take it lying down (literally).... get up, get moving., cause really you do have the time... there might come a time when you think I'm too tired to do anything cause I've been at work all day!!!! .. enjoy this time.
      OK, I will Yes I've wasted enough time hiding.

Thanks tons Suse
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
        No mistakes & awesome workout. Great job!
        Thanks! And wait till I tell you about today's workout!
        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm making an early supper.

I want a glass of wine.
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I had a Batty's Blueberry Butter Ball and poured some water in my wine goblet.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• What's the early dinner?
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                What's the early dinner?
                Steak and mushrooms fried with bacon fat and potatoes sliced thin and fried in bacon fat. (all in cast iron)
                A Banana with Creme Fraiche (I tried it for the first time - Heaven!)

I don't take photos because it takes about 2 days to get moderator approval...
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  I had a Batty's Blueberry Butter Ball and poured some water in my wine goblet.
                  good girl.
                  edit, i always hit post too quick... I meant to add, water in teh wine glass is a really good trick to get you through... also add a splash of lime juice and it looks just like wine!

Comment

• Today's workout gets its own post.

I'm sure some of you have heard of this before, but it was a first for me.

I went to my friends house and she showed me this workout.

My friend called it Deck of Cards.

Basically you assign a body weight exercise to each suite. This is what we did:
                    Clubs - Push Ups
                    Hearts - Burpies
                    Diamonds - Walking Lunges
                    Spades - Sit Ups or Crunch
                    Jokers - 30 second Plank

Then you shuffle the deck and flip the 1st card. If it is a 8 of Clubs you do 8 Push Ups.
                    Flip the next card and do what it says. Ace of Hearts - 1 Burpie.
                    All the way through the deck. (Jacks are 11, Queens are 12, Kings are 13, Aces are 1)

So by the end you've done 91 Push Ups, Sit Ups, Lunges, and Burpies!
                    It took us about a half hour. But I didn't do all of the higher #'s. I didn't want to kill myself first time out.

We modified some of the exercises to the level I could do. (Knee Push Ups for A-6 and Wall Push Ups for 7-K)
                    We also did walking lunges instead of squats 'cause my friend said she was taking it easy on me
                    And I walked back on the Burpies, I didn't jump back.

I could see doing this with the 5 primal movements. Or changing it up with anything - sprints, sledgehammer, weights, etc..

I think the next time I do this I might just use the lower half of the deck and gradually add numbers.

I can feel all the muscles in my legs.

But my friend was impressed with how well I did for my first time.
                    Last edited by winencandy; 10-20-2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: added in the things I didn't do :)
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                      B (at 11 am after Deck of Cards) Baby cut carrots and homemade zucchini hummus (as a ‘balanced post workout’ snack – complex carbs and protein – my friend is a Gold’s Gym convert. I didn't tell her that I hadn't eaten breakfast)
                      L Squash soup and Brie cheese
                      Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball (‘cause I wanted wine)
                      D Steak and mushrooms fried in bacon fat. Potato sliced small and fried in bacon fat. Banana and crème fraiche (Heavenly!)
                      A Chai Tea with a dollop of crème fraiche.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                      No candy, no chocolate, no wine!
                      I REALLY wanted a wine tonight, BUT I didn’t!!
                      I wonder about the hummus? Is it primal?

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                      Deck of Cards!

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                      Bed at 11:30 (I’m really not doing very good on my going to bed at 11 goal) up at 8:30, AND I STAYED UP!

My friend texted me to ask if I wanted to come over and workout with her. I went.
                      She’s been going to Gold’s Gym almost DAILY since January! And that’s a 45 minute drive. One way.

She’s looking good. She works with a personal trainer. Her body fat has dropped to 29 from 40.
                      But she’s totally CW. Six small meals a day. Oatmeal before morning workouts, protein snack right after workout (usually a protein bar or shake) lunch, snack, supper. All about whole grains, egg whites, no alcohol unless it’s a special occasion, etc…

Sigh

Of course I can’t say anything – she looks great, she’s loosing inches and gaining muscle – and me?
                      Not so much.
                      Of course she’s been doing this daily since January and I just started in September.

I’m “mouth hungry” again. Maybe I didn’t eat enough today?

I’ve got a job supply teaching for tomorrow! It’s an hour away and it starts at 8am! Yikes!!
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The Chai Tea didn't help the "mouth hunger".

I had 2 of Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls. Still there.

What I really want is another banana with creme fraiche...but I paid over $5 for a 170g jar of it and I think that it should probably last longer than one day

I'm planning ahead for tomorrow. I hard boiled 4 eggs, and I'm going to pack a lunch "just in case". I can IF till 5pm, BUT that is when I sleep in till 11am. Tomorrow I'll be UP TO STAY at 5:30 or 6...and I'm not sure what that will do to my IF. I'm trying to convince myself that I can get ready in 1/2 hour tomorrow morning. I probably could if I prepared tonight. Pack bag, lunch, find clothes & shoes, keys, etc
                        Last edited by winencandy; 10-20-2010, 06:33 PM. Reason: added tonight's planning. I didn't think I needed to start ANOTHER thread today :)
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I was reading the journals, 'suffering' from mouth hunger and thinking about eating a banana with creme fraiche and then I read this:
                          Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat
                          I cook banana and berries (they get more antioxidants if you cook'em!) in butter/cocoil and shredded coconut.
                          When it's done I add cinnamon, vanilla and raw honey and sometimes coconut icecream and walnuts on top.
                          It sounded exactly like what I wanted. So I tried it (well a variation)
                          I fried the banana in butter, then I added creme fraiche, cinnamon, and a drizzle of amber maple syrup.

This is my new favorite dessert!

And the mouth hunger is gone

My friends would freak if I told them what I just ate!!!
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                            At 9:30 break I had a sugar free Coconut water
                            L @10:30 – schools have weird hours. 2 hard boiled eggs with Dijon mustard spread on the halves, 4 cubes of Brie, an avocado
                            S – a Lara bar. I had one and I wanted to try it. Meh. A small handful of almonds
                            D – leftover hamburger fried with tomatoes, peppers and onions, cauliflower with tons of butter
                            Fried banana with Devon Double Cream, cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup. I like Crème Fraiche better than Double Cream

I packed my lunch instead of taking a chance with High School cafeteria food

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Rest Day. My thighs are on fire from yesterday. Every time I sit or stand I can feel it.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
                            Bed at midnight, and I was up at 6am. I was out the door by 6:30 and off to the city for a supply teaching job. I used my brain trying to keep order with a bunch of new kids who like to see how far they can push a supply teacher. It was a pretty good day, I only ‘lost’ two students

After work (2:30), I went shopping at Canadian Tire. They had sledgehammers on sale! I bought one, a 8 lb with a hickory handle for $15!! But I’m wondering if the 6 lb with a yellow plastic handle with rubber grips would be better? It was $17…

Then I went to a large grocery store and wandered aimlessly among the isles, picking up obscure things that I can’t get at home. I bought a Double Cream to compare it with the Crème Fraishe, some more Brie, minced ginger, and an ORANGE cauliflower

Surf the net after supper. My thighs hurt too much to even think about doing anything else.
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• oh yeah deck of cards, I am familiar with it... we used to do it at boot camp. bitching... I recall that after my first bootcamp I couldnt walk normally, let alone sit down without screaming for 5 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                                oh yeah deck of cards, I am familiar with it... we used to do it at boot camp. bitching... I recall that after my first bootcamp I couldnt walk normally, let alone sit down without screaming for 5 days.
                                So I have 3 more days of agony? Great.

I forgot to add in the last post:

Another day of NO candy, chocolate OR wine!!!!

And my moose hunter husband came home last night/early this morning (1:00 am)!

With a MOOSE!!!!

moose meat...moose meat...moose meat... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X