No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gum? Sugar-free breath mints? I know when I'm sucking on stuff like that, everything else tastes like crap so I'm not tempted.

It would be really hard to resist so much delicious food when it's right there in front of you though.
    My Journal

Comment

• I know, I use those fruity gums as dessert Y_Y
      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        Gum? Sugar-free breath mints? I know when I'm sucking on stuff like that, everything else tastes like crap so I'm not tempted.

It would be really hard to resist so much delicious food when it's right there in front of you though.
        It IS hard! I drank SO much lemon water!

Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
        I know, I use those fruity gums as dessert Y_Y
        oh yeah
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• The ice cream choices I was faced with for the past two days:
          Key Lime
          Cotton Candy
          Pralines
          Black Sweet Cherry
          French Vanilla
          Chocolate
          Caramel Caramel Cup (my old favorite)
          Peanut Butter Cup Roundup (not really a temptation for me - I HATE peanut butter!)
          Maple Walnut
          Gold Medal Ribbon
          Butterscotch Ripple
          Raspberry and Truffles (my new favorite)

It was HARD!
          I managed to hold out until 3pm (starting at 11am) before I had a small tea cup full of Raspberry and Truffles, Caramel Carmel Cup and Pralines
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Saturday I was at the booth from 9am until 10pm and Sunday I was there from 11 am until 9 pm.

Sunday I managed to avoid the gummy worms until 5 pm, when my "job" was refilling the candy bags...

I made a salad for lunch on Sunday and we cooked chicken breasts on the grill to go with it.

Supper was a burger patty with coleslaw and potato salad and a grilled zucchini.

After we closed the booth at 9 we walked down to the marina for the fireworks display. It was Excellent.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Today I slept till 10am

Then after lunch I helped my Farmer paint (again)
              we got back at 3 and jumped into the pool (with coolers and beer)
              3 coolers and a glass of wine later, I had cod (with lemon and garlic) on tinfoil on the BBQ with kohlrabi, carrots and potatoes with garlic (wrapped in tinfoil)
              And a chocolate covered ice cream on a stick

I'd rather paint in 30 C weather than work in the booth...less temptation...
              Last edited by winencandy; 08-01-2011, 05:15 PM. Reason: added an L :)
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                Today I slept till 10am
                Nice

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                we got back at 3 and jumped into the poo
                I'm really hoping you just missed an "L" in here...just sayin'...

3 coolers and a glass of wine later, I had cod (with lemon and garlic) on tinfoil on the BBQ with kohlrabi, carrots and potatoes with garlic (wrapped in tinfoil)
                Yum. I did get kohlrabi at the market this weekend, very nice just raw.

And a chocolate covered ice cream on a stick

I'd rather paint in 30 C weather than work in the booth...less temptation...
                I hear ya there!
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Sounds like a lovely day!
                  My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                    I'm really hoping you just missed an "L" in here...just sayin'...
                    Hahahahahaha!!!

Yup! I missed the L

Hang on, I'll fix it...
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm eating sunflower seeds and drinking mint tea
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• that booth would be the death of me! I would have absolutely no will power whatsoever!

Comment

• I would have no trouble at all ignoring all of that. If they had rum'n'raisin though, I'd be in serious trouble.
                          My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                            that booth would be the death of me! I would have absolutely no will power whatsoever!
                            I know! I'm SO glad that I don't work there everyday! I'd gain back my 14lbs in NO time

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                            I would have no trouble at all ignoring all of that. If they had rum'n'raisin though, I'd be in serious trouble.
                            There's just SO much! Besides the ice cream, (with a waffle cone option) there are about a dozen different 5 cent gummy candies, licorice, gum, chocolate bars, chips, the fresh cut fries (they have a fry cutter - the potatoes are cut and then fried - no frozen fries for my dad ) gravy, poutine, hand made burger patties, toasted fresh bakery buns, perch (with a light dusting of pancake mix before they are deep fried) onion rings, hot dogs, sausages, homemade coleslaw, 10 different sodas, milkshakes, sundaes...ummm, I think that's everything

All of this open and available to me.

When we make a batch of fries, of course you have to try one, to make sure they are cooked (my parents are fussy about the fries) and of course you make a few more than you think, because it's better to have a few left over than not have enough for the order. (It is VERY easy to eat a couple of left over fries - much easier than eating a whole order - did you know a small order of fries is MORE than one large potato?)

Of course there are usually a few left over onion rings too...

again, I'm SO glad that I'm NOT there everyday!
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Today I helped my Farmer paint again. Maybe two more days of painting...

It was HOT! The sweat was running down my face and back I took off my tank top and painted in an old bikini top.

We left home at 8 and got back at 4. I had 3 hard boiled eggs and 3 thin slices of peameal bacon for lunch.

I felt sick on the way home. My Farmer thinks I didn't drink enough water. This is possible.

I had a shower when I got home and drank water. I gradually felt better.

I had a glass and a half of wine while making supper. Spaghetti (no noodles for me) I cooked up some carrots, kohlrabi, onions and garlic to eat with my meat sauce. An ice cream on a stick and a Chai after supper.

I'm tired, I don't think I'll be up very late tonight...
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• oh wow, those fresh cut handmade fries sound the bomb. I would sooooooo be eating them! If they cooked them in olive oil I dont think they would be thattttt bad surely and just you talking about all those lollies is making me salivate. Its very difficult giving up sugar.

Comment

Working...
                                X