Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK

I'm gonna have a big glass of water, hop in the pool and then go to bed, I'm dead tired!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• Ooo, awesome...I haz spam...
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Lets see...boring day...groceries ($285)...1/2 cup cottage cheese and a plum...trimmed Papillon nails and brushed coats...ham pizza (a slice of ham, fried with pizza sauce, onions, tomatoes, and cheese melted on top)...hopped in the pool...dishes...a cooler...laundry...a glass of wine...leftover chili and salad, 1/2 a cob of corn (I bought some in the store - sign said it was local, but it was too stale we pick our corn while the water is boiling ) an chocolate dipped ice cream on a stick.

We are going to a friend's house later. More alcohol will be consumed...then they want us to go to a dance with this band...I'm afraid that they will play too much country...i don't "do" country music...if they play country, even more alcohol will be consumed...or we will leave...

At least the heat wave has broke...
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• booze hag! Just remember the water! And I agree with GS, I think you could have been a bit dehydrated the other day when you had that dizzy spell. Glad you know to fix it with protein not sugar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
              booze hag! Just remember the water!
              I had 2 coolers at our friend's house, we stayed there longer than we'd planned - there was a tornado warning for our area and we thought that maybe going to an outdoor dance under a tent MIGHT not be the bestest idea during a tornado warning

After the warning lifted, we went to the dance. We had a DD (designated driver). The band started out playing country, but they switched to pop/rock fairly quickly. I danced a LOT. I also had 2 coolers. BUT then I switched to water!

At the end of the night (2am) someone decided that we should all go to one guy's place and continue the party! Luckily, we had to stop at the house where my Beetle was parked (to get more alcohol) and my Farmer and me decided to go home. Everyone else continued onto the 2nd party.

Originally posted by Suse View Post
              And I agree with GS, I think you could have been a bit dehydrated the other day when you had that dizzy spell. Glad you know to fix it with protein not sugar!
              Yeah, I thought I was finished with those...
              I learned a long time ago that protein was a better "fix" than sugar.

~~~~~
              I got up at 11am.

I made a couple of salads, we dumped out the warm water in our 7'x7' pool and started to refill it. We went to my Farmer's sister's house. For a farewell dinner. Our niece and her boyfriend are heading back to Scotland on Tuesday. BBQ burgers, salads, desserts. (I had one of my MIL's oatmeal date cookies OMG! - built like an Oreo, but with homemade oatmeal cookies and date filling!)

It's almost 10pm and I'm ready for bed again.
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Monday
                Up at 7:30, cottage cheese and a plum. I worked with my Farmer for the morning painting exterior doors, in the sun while he did some other repairs.
                We finished around noon and ate at Subway. (I had a salad with chicken and Sweet Onion Sauce) Once home I cut the Papillon pen and then raked it (the grass was LONG!) Then I hopped into the pool with my Kleen Kanteen of water (even though I wanted a cooler)

Then I "wanted" something to eat. (I wasn't hungry, but I wanted something) I had a hard boiled egg...nope, that wasn't it...I had a pepperoni...still not "right"...some cheese...another hard boiled egg...it was still there...

I went out to the trailer and finished cleaning it out. While there I had a cooler that was in the fridge. That was the taste I was looking for. A lemony crisp taste. I should have just had the cooler in the pool, it would have saved all the extra calories consumed in search of the "Taste". BUT I ONLY HAD ONE!!

It was only my daughter and I for supper. We had fried ham and pineapple. Then we decided to try the gluten free pizza crust that was in the freezer.

Meh...it was a good base to cook all the pizza toppings on (ham, pineapple, tomato, red pepper, mushrooms, cheese). We ended up scraping off the topping and just eating it.

I stayed up until 12:30 reading.
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Tuesday
                  Umm, I did a few sprints in the morning!
                  I took my daughter and the papillons out to the lake to visit my parents. My mom was in the city, we had ice cream with my dad.
                  My Farmer was combining wheat.
                  I drank water with lemon juice (instead of a cooler)
                  Supper was 3 small pieces of deep fried perch from the booth, eaten in the car on the way to my daughter's soccer practice.

Today
                  Up early again with my Farmer. Cottage cheese and a plum. Painted various things brown. BAS: cuc, tomato, cauliflower, carrots, and Provolone cheese. And a few pepperoni sticks. Home by 3. Hopped in the pool. Had a couple coolers. Supper was pork chops, potatoes fried with carrots (dug fresh from the garden) kohlrabi (also from the garden) chocolate covered ice cream on a stick (that I shared with Lily) and peppermint tea.

I feel full and bloaty. I have for a few days. I wonder if the carbonated sugary coolers are not agreeing with me???
                  That and I just realized that somehow dairy has snuck back into my life...
                  Last edited by winencandy; 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot stuff
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• A lot of icecream. I don't judge. Just jealous
                    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
                      A lot of icecream. I don't judge. Just jealous
                      Yeah, you are right. But it IS summer...
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• ST Thomas with my Farmer this morning. He was getting new lenses ground for his classes. A little shopping. I bought some dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts and dark chocolate covered cranberries. I also bought (and ate) dark chocolate clusters with blueberries and cranberries - 125g - but they were awesome!

Cauliflower/tomato/carrot salad with shaved turkey lunch meat for lunch.

I took my daughter to her friends for an overnight then visited with my parents at the booth - and I had NO ice cream, NO fresh cut fries, NO gummy bears!!

We spatchcocked a chicken on the BBQ for supper, with grilled zucchini, fresh yellow beans and kohlrabi from the garden. I had a chocolate covered ice cream on a stick (so much for avoiding dairy) I also had about 3 glasses of wine with my Farmer (well, he had beer).

I didn't have cheese and I didn't have a cooler. My stomach feels a bit better today.
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• well done on the no gummy bears, no fries and no icecream (well at least at the booth)

It's pretty easy to just let things slip back into your life huh! for me too.

Comment

• Maybe you've found the solution...wine instead of coolers .

+1 on the no gummie bears, fries or ice cream! We just need to keep these "treats" for once in a while, not several times a week, I think. But I agree, it is summer, and some days you gotta do what you gotta do.

Your dinner sounds fabulous! And you've reminded me that I should buy some kohlrabi at the farmers market this week. Haven't had it in ages, we used to grow it when I was a kid, and I love it just sliced raw and crunchy.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                              well done on the no gummy bears, no fries and no icecream (well at least at the booth)

It's pretty easy to just let things slip back into your life huh! for me too.
                              Yup...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                              Maybe you've found the solution...wine instead of coolers .

+1 on the no gummie bears, fries or ice cream! We just need to keep these "treats" for once in a while, not several times a week, I think. But I agree, it is summer, and some days you gotta do what you gotta do.
                              yup, making sure they are occasional treats and not 30%...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                              Your dinner sounds fabulous! And you've reminded me that I should buy some kohlrabi at the farmers market this week. Haven't had it in ages, we used to grow it when I was a kid, and I love it just sliced raw and crunchy.
                              I've never tried it raw...we just cut it into chunks and boil it.
                              Lily likes to eat it raw. She helped me dig the potatoes and pull the kohlrabi. Then she decided she needed one for herself as well! She pulled out a small one and ate half of it.
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Friday, I took my beetle into London to get a headlight replaced.
                                Then we ate at the mall, Greek salad and chicken instead of Chinese food
                                Then my Daughter had a soccer game in London.
                                After the game we went to Chapters. $tarbuck's Tazo Chai Latte...you know what? they are tasting too sweet for me now...
                                We got home about 10.

Today I spent the day working at my parents' booth...(It's a long weekend in Canada)
                                Scooping ice cream, making fries and burgers...(we sold over $400 in ice cream today)
                                I ate some blueberries before I went, but I still had booth food. A burger patty with cheese (my mom makes the patties - just beef, no filler) tomato slices and a water mellon slice for lunch. I drank TONS of lemon water, but I had raspberry and truffles ice cream at 3. Then I had a few fries, a few gummy worms... I decided to make potato salad in the afternoon (I thought it would keep me away from the fries - it worked - kinda) I had perch and potato salad and coleslaw for supper. Another water mellon slice, a few more gummy worms and a tiny serving of carmel carmel cup ice cream...

They want me to come back out and help them again tomorrow...

I don't know what it is about being out there. Normally I don't snack. But at the booth, I am "mouth hungry", nibbling but not hungry.
                                Sigh.
                                I've got to think of something to take with me to help with the "mouth hunger"...
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X