No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doing pretty good on the no candy front. I'm impressed. Well done. the girls night out sounds like a big night.... oh yeah, you'd think we'd know better than to drink that much or that sort of mixture .... wine and wine, or blended drinks and blended drinks ok, but wine and blended drinks just dont really go together....

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      doing pretty good on the no candy front. I'm impressed. Well done. the girls night out sounds like a big night.... oh yeah, you'd think we'd know better than to drink that much or that sort of mixture .... wine and wine, or blended drinks and blended drinks ok, but wine and blended drinks just dont really go together....
      Thanks. Yeah, you would think that at 46 I'd have that figured out by now
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I got home this morning and got ready to go out again. Not nearly as much fun this time.
        I went with my In Laws (mother, father, sister, brother and 2 nieces) to visit my mil’s sister. She’s dying from a brain tumor. She was fine on Labour Day and now they are counting the weeks. Her husband is in a nursing home after having several strokes. Her daughter is a missionary in Kenya and she flew home. Her nephew, a nurse in BC, also flew home. They are both flying out on Tuesday. My dh is away moose hunting. I thought I’d better go...
        There was about 20 people there. We've had better family reunions...

The food was a Primal nightmare. They started setting out “snacks” and I thought “There is nothing here that I can eat.’ Eventually they set out some almonds and then almost as a last minute thing, like they’d forgotten, the veggies and dip came out.
        My In Laws decided to stay for supper and since I rode with them, I was there too.

I got home late tonight.

Food
        An apple at 1pm in the van on the way there.
        Almonds, cauliflower, broccoli and baby carrots (the best there was to choose from)
        A little Ceasar salad (but it wasn’t very good - horrible dressing)
        Two slices of pizza (I choose the meat lovers) I needed some protein.
        Tea

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Here is a list of all the foods there that I DIDN’T eat:
        Chips, crackers, baguettes, dips, party snack mix, jujubes, two different brownies, store made lasagna, punch

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
        Not today

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
        Bed about 2 am at my girlfriend’s, up at 10am and drove home.

No sun or play and the most I used my brain was when I was trying to decide which was the lesser primal evil: pizza or store made lasagna?

I choose the pizza, at least I could identify what was on it. The lasagna was mostly pasta and it looked gross.

An emotionally draining day.

I'm going to bed. I'll get caught up on everyone's journals tomorrow.
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
          I'm very sorry about your relative's illness. It was so good of you to be there.

Take care, ma'm!
          +1
          sigpic

Comment

• bone_machine & MeatMe216

Thank you.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• My challenge for this week is to NOT have any wine until Friday!

Of course I still have to keep the no candy challenge...but emergency dark chocolate is OK

Anyone care to join me???
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                IF – broke it at 5:30. This seems to be very easy for me.
                Handful of almonds and cranberries
                Squash soup (it didn’t taste as good this time – maybe too much nutmeg)
                of a chicken breast fried in butter, Caesar salad, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball

NO candy, no chocolate, no snacks at band practice!
                NO WINE! I thought about it, but I said NO

Nope

Bed at 11, up at 6:00 because my phone was ringing. It was the automated system that calls for supply teachers. In the dark I managed to enter the right codes (First there is a 6 digit code then there is a 7 digit code) and listened to the job. I wanted it. I went to hit the 1, which would accept the job and m finger hit the 2, which declined the job. That’s it. Done. No second chances.

I laid back down until 6:45 when I had to drive my daughter to band practice. Then I went back to sleep and woke up at 11:45 because someone was knocking on my door and that set the Papillons on a barking frenzy.

I peaked out the window and the person was all dressed up and carrying a computer bag and a book. To me it screamed Jehovah Witness and I was in my PJ’s with crazy hair and I didn’t feel like dealing with that, so I ignored the knocking. Finally the person put something in my door and left. After I was sure they’d gone I went to check it out.
                It was someone from Statistics Canada. I was the lucky house.
                I ignored the envelope and sat in front of the computer. The next thing I knew it was 1:30

Shower, dishes, laundry, teach the dogs a new trick, talk exercise with my friend (this post is getting long, so maybe that will be a separate post), and then the stranger knocked on my door again and she could see me through the window of my kitchen door.
                So I had to let her in this time...
                I got to answer all kinds of questions about our family...

After supper it was time for my band practice. So I used my brain for 2 hours of music. Now I’m back on the computer.

I should break and do some PBF…
                Last edited by winencandy; 10-18-2010, 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• hmmm answering statistical questions.. .that's enough to drive a girl to drink.
                  NO, dont do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                    hmmm answering statistical questions.. .that's enough to drive a girl to drink.
                    NO, dont do it
                    lol, yup, almost

Don't do what? PBF? Drink Wine?

I didn't do either, but I decided that I was 'mouth hungry' again. I forgot about the herbal tea suggestion...

I decided that I really hadn't eaten much today so I ate four 1" squares of Brie and another small handful of almonds and cranberries.

The mouth hunger is still there, so I'll either have a tea or just go to bed...

Looks at the clock - 11pm - hmm, one of my goals was to go to bed by 11. Guess that answers the tea question.

Goodnight.
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Some good news!!!

I went to my Dr.’s today to find out my blood test results. He ran a ton of tests. There were pages of #’s. I don’t remember them all, but some of the words he used included: “excellent”, “pristine”, and “I wish mine was this good.” !!!!

It was a huge relief to know that there wasn't anything major wrong with me

We talked about why I was still so exhausted. Tears again. I think that it was a combination of carb flu (I did not tell my Dr that) and depression over that job loss in September. We talked for a while, he shared a similar story.

He suggested that exercise helps overcome both the 'depression' and the tiredness. I’m going to give it a few weeks and if I’m still tired he agreed to do the T3 & T4 tests. I really hope it’s not that.

My lovely (younger) sister thinks that maybe I'm starting menopause...
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Food
                        IF till 2:30. I was in the city BUT I planned ahead and brought food. Four 1” Brie cubes and 3 slices of bacon.
                        At 3:30 I bought bananas. I ate one banana.
                        7pm - Two bowls of squash soup, handful of almonds, Batty Blueberry Butter Ball

I planned ahead so I didn’t need to stop at a fast food place!
                        No candy, chocolate or wine!

PBF Body Weights
                        L2 Push Up: 5 then 10
                        L1 Overhead Press: 20
                        L3 Squats: 50
                        L1 Plank: 40 seconds - not very long, my Papillon kept licking my face

Bed at 11:30, up at 7 (alarm – turned it off), 8 (alarm – turned it off), 9:30 (alarm – turned it off) and then 11am (phone). Each time I fell back asleep. But I stayed up at 11
                        D drops.
                        I had to drive into the city today to pick up a keyboard for my daughter. I got home in time to drive her to Physio and then to her music lesson.

While she was at Physio I went to my Dr.’s to find out my blood test results.

Surfing the net after supper…
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Glad to hear the bloodwork was all stellar. Hopefully getting more active over the next while will end the low energy cycle, and give you some focus with your 'free' days of not being at work.

And I have to say, I'm impressed with the wineless, candyless week you're having. Small bits of dark chocolate would be an acceptable sensible indulgence, should the need arise. Thinking of a bit of that myself right now, maybe dipped in almond butter...
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wine,
                            It's a good idea to get copies of all test results. That way you have a record and can compare how you are doing over time. You can call the doctor's office and request copies be mailed to you.

Comment

• yay for you WNC. I think that yes, you have some residual depression from the redundancy that is making you tired. it is that sleeping late that makes me think that.... hopefully this will pass. be nice to yourself, it is ok to sleep, but be mindful of the fact that you cant hide away from the real world, the truth (for lack of a better word) for ever. I'm actually thinking you need a new challenge, we dont need the same challenge, we can run separate challenges in tandem.... you I suspect need to get out of bed a little bit earlier ... its easy to stay in bed when you think the world doesnt want you... well I say get up and get those dogs walking....

In some ways I cant relate but i will tell my own story of feeling a bit down and out.... I moved from a very stressful job, 2 govt depts merging, I could have been made redundant but i wasnt (in some ways I wish I had been). I worked my butt off as part of the merger, hated (no actually let's make that HATED with capitals) my new boss, got no support, nothing. finally decided i would leave. Got a fab new job but I was so burnt out that being in a new learning environment I couldnt cope, fell apart and quit after 2 months. I was seriously depressed.... I had a mortgage, I was a grown up now for heavens sake!... I was single and suddenly had no income. eeek. I slept a lot for the first 3 weeks, i could barely get out of my pj's, but eventually, I got up and i walked every day down at the waterfront (if only I had my dogs then) and my sense of myself returned and so did my energy (and you know i am a pollyanna, I also got a really good tan! ). I got another job at 2.5 mths (and I admit that helped in recreating my sense of self and this isnt an easy thing in a recession when there arent jobs), it wasnt the best job, it was a temp job paying way less than I was used to, but i did it for a few months until something better came up and I guess I was lucky in that there were temp jobs available for me. so anyway forgive me for raving on, but dont take it lying down (literally).... get up, get moving., cause really you do have the time... there might come a time when you think I'm too tired to do anything cause I've been at work all day!!!! .. enjoy this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                Glad to hear the bloodwork was all stellar. Hopefully getting more active over the next while will end the low energy cycle, and give you some focus with your 'free' days of not being at work.

And I have to say, I'm impressed with the wineless, candyless week you're having. Small bits of dark chocolate would be an acceptable sensible indulgence, should the need arise. Thinking of a bit of that myself right now, maybe dipped in almond butter...
                                Thanks I think it's slowly getting better

I have terrible luck with almond butter. I've bought 2 different brands and both have had the oil separate on top and the "butter" is as hard as a rock...any suggestions?
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X