Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks girls

Originally posted by Suse View Post
    I'm thinking you must nearly be home. I hope you are going to write us a long report on Vegas
    I'm home, and you bet I will

(Suse - thanks for bumping me, I was NOT looking forward to finding my journal buried pages back )

I'm picking out and loading up some photos to Flickr...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• yay, cant wait to hear ALL about it... 2 months and counting for me now!!!

Comment

• Welcome back. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing your pictures.

Comment

• Ditto on the welcome back

No doubt your week was way better than mine
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Yay, you're back!! We missed you, I hope you had a blast.
            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
              yay, cant wait to hear ALL about it... 2 months and counting for me now!!!
              Bellagio is in an excellent spot! Right in the centre of the strip, it was diagonally across the road from the Flamingo.
              If yu can, ask for a room facing the front and the fountain show!!! It is awesome!!!
              (more info and photos will follow, (we took over 600 photos!! - Of course I'm not postingthem all!!!) probably tomorrow, my parents stopped in for a visit and now my daughter needs my computer tonight and I'm using her netbook AND I'm dead tired...)

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
              Welcome back. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing your pictures.
              Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
              Ditto on the welcome back

No doubt your week was way better than mine
              Uh oh...

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
              Yay, you're back!! We missed you, I hope you had a blast.
              Thanks everyone for the welcome back!!!!
              Sorry, no photos tonight...
              I'm climbing into my bed with my Butterflies
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• You are such a tease! I am dying to hear all about it so get on to it after a good nights sleep!

We're not staying at the Bellagio now, we're staying at the Palazzo as the firemans brother is a Royal Ambassador with the Intercontinental Group. The fireman has signed up for general Ambassador membership which I think cost a couple of hundred bucks, but we get a free night, and with the points we'll get on our stay at Palazzo (some double points offer) and with our San Fran stay at the Intercontinental, we'll have enough points to redeem for a couple of nights in Sydney later on in the year, or early next year! Yay

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  You are such a tease! I am dying to hear all about it so get on to it after a good nights sleep!
                  I've been told that before

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  We're not staying at the Bellagio now, we're staying at the Palazzo as the firemans brother is a Royal Ambassador with the Intercontinental Group. The fireman has signed up for general Ambassador membership which I think cost a couple of hundred bucks, but we get a free night, and with the points we'll get on our stay at Palazzo (some double points offer) and with our San Fran stay at the Intercontinental, we'll have enough points to redeem for a couple of nights in Sydney later on in the year, or early next year! Yay
                  I might have a photo or two of the Palazzo...
                  It was about 3 resorts north of Flamingo on the same side
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Vegas

We left home at 3:30, just as our sons were going to sleep...

Arrived at the airport at 6am, through security by 7:15. My Farmer was randomly selected (it's printed on your boarding pass - a row of SSSSSS) for the "extra special" security treatment - he chose the body scan) We boarded shortly after 9 - window seat, lots of leg room (tons for me, but the Farmer was impressed and he's 6') 10:30 liftoff, and then a 4.5 hour flight. We had to buy our food on the plane!

$6.50 for this!!!
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Views from the plane.
                      Kansas "Crop Circles" (circle irrigation)

Colorado snow topped mountains

Utah deep gorges (near Lake Powel - I think)

Hoover Dam

The white "bathtub ring" is 100' high. The water level has dropped.

iPhone4 photos
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• keep it coming !!

Comment

• OK
                          Las Vegas is a 3 hour time change from home. We landed in Vegas at 2:55pm home time - which was 11:55 am Vegas time.

I bought a $tarbucks Chai Latte in the airport, it's a LONG wak inside the airport to the baggage claim. Our luggage was waiting for us. A shuttle bus ride was part of the deal I'd made, so we got a shuttle ride to our hotel. (I recommend using a shuttle service over a cab) We got on the shuttle at 12:30, and we were in our room by 1:15. We had 2 queen beds, the king bed rooms were not ready yet and we didn't want to wait for one. It was an older room...
                          This was the view from our room:

That's the Bellagio at the top, Bill's is at the bottom.
                          We relaxed for a little bit and then went out to explore the strip, but we got distracted by the pool

I sent the Farmer back up for our bathing suits and we spent the afternoon drinking at the pool.
                          He brought back a gold coloured bikini...I wore it.
                          I had 2 fruity slushy drinks (in souvenir plastic glasses - for $20 each!) Beer was $6.
                          You had to show your room key for access to the pool. (It was like that at every hotel we stopped at)
                          We left the pool about 5 and walked to a corner liquor store (behind Bill's) and bought some rum and some wine. We didn't have a fridge in our room, so we had to use the ice bucket...Someone later told us we should have said we needed a fridge for "medical reasons" and one would have been provided for us no charge.
                          Last edited by winencandy; 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM. Reason: clarity
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The 2 pool drinks had me slightly slurring my words...

We went to Bill's for Chinese ($10/entree) Then we walked South along the strip. We talked to someone about a Grand Canyon Tour (there are several choices - flying, helicopter, bus, jeep) We talked to a time share guy about "free" Zumanity tickets and we were supposed to meet for lunch and our "tour" the next day at 12:45. (If you want to avoid the timeshare guys, tell them one of the following: you are just leaving that day or that night, you are not married, or you don't have a major credit card - they will leave you alone then. We figured lunch and a couple of hours was a fair exchange for tickets...)

We wandered aimlessly along the strip, stopping at variety stores to buy beer and small chilled wine bottles. You can drink openly walking along the strip.

One of the REALLY annoying things along the strip (especially along the South East side) are the card flicker guys
                            These guys (and sometimes girls) are shoving "girly show" business cards right in your face as you walk down the street. They would even reach past me to shove them at the Farmer, even while we were holding hands! They would "flick" the cards to make annoying sounds and the streets were just littered with them. Passive, non violent little me wanted to smack them!!! or at least tell them what they could DO with their cards!!

We were in bed by 10 pm our 1st night...party animals that we are
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• and how did you feel in your gold bikini missy? Well done!

more more more please.

Comment

• Surprisingly, I felt OK...

I'd brought 2 one piece suits but I wore a bikini all week and not once did I think about wearing the others...
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X