Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    I've always been tiny boned... I can put my thumb and third finger round my wrist... So bone structure must make a difference in terms overall weight surely?
    I can almost do this with my pinkie and my thumb, yet I still weigh 95kg wearing a size 12. I don't know that the size of the bones makes much difference to how much they weigh. W'n'C doesn't look 'big-boned' to me anyway.
    My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      geez I'm sick for a few days and there are pages of stuff for me to read

Don't get sick!

Originally posted by Suse View Post
      You looked great in those old photos... (yes I had some huge glasses too!)
      Thanks

We totally dont appreciate what we have in our youth. Actually for the most part my bod is looking ok but I still tend to pick on all the little flaws. Seriously I think, you find a woman that is happy with how she looks, and I'll show you either a liar, or someone who has spent a fortune on plastic surgery!
      hehe

Not sure about the lead bones theory, have you always felt you were a big boned kind of girl?? I've always been tiny boned... I can put my thumb and third finger round my wrist...

So bone structure must make a difference in terms overall weight surely?
      Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
      I can almost do this with my pinkie and my thumb, yet I still weigh 95kg wearing a size 12. I don't know that the size of the bones makes much difference to how much they weigh. W'n'C doesn't look 'big-boned' to me anyway.
      For what it's worth, I can easily wrap my 3rd finger and thumb around my wrist, they overlap. I can't quite make my pinkie touch...

I absolutely love her expression "you touch my meat... I KILL you!!"
      Yeah, it's priceless...until you actually TRY to take it away...
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdowns:
        20th Band Concert - 6 days
        Vegas - 8 days!!!

Maybe May
        1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – Yes I did…a little…
        2. SLEEP – 7.5 hours
        3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – um…no

Food
        Protein shake, left over roast beef, coconut/chocolate/protein heart, white wine, more left over roast beef, roasted sweet potato, cauliflower, carrots. Mint tea. Tomatoes.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Avoided.
        I chose working on the video over exercise.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
        Nope…I could have done something after work, but I chose to work on the video instead.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
        Bed last night at 10:30, up at 6 for a supply job. Over an hour away.
        The job was fairly easy, except for one kid…there’s always one kid…anyway, finished at 2:20, home by 3:45.

It was HOT today! 30 C!!

I worked on the band video and sipped wine, while the veggies roasted.

I had the last band meeting at 6. Last practice before the concert was from 7 to 9 (so that’s my “play” for the day).

Tonight I’ve got to help University Son find something to wear to an informal job interview tomorrow in Leamington (1+ hours west). His suit and most of his clothes are in Guelph (2+ hours east)

Early bed again tonight, I’m working again tomorrow.
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Countdowns:
          20th Band Concert - 5 days
          Vegas - 7 days!!!

Maybe May
          1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – yes
          2. SLEEP – 7 hours
          3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – no

Food
          BAS: 4 hard boiled eggs, cucumber, tomato, balsamic vinaigrette, Protein shake, coconut/chocolate/protein cubes, a vodka “cooler”. Crock pot venison with sweet potato and squash, Chai

Off Plan Eating: the vodka cooler…it was 30+ out today…

No.

Bed last night at 11, up at 6 this morning.

Supply teaching transportation today. I let the students work on small projects.
          (baby tools only – nothing “big and powerful”)
          A little shopping after work.

University Son made supper. He got the job in Leamington for the summer! He’s to make 5 five minute “YouTube” videos for this company. He starts on Monday. He decided to go back to Guelph for a few days to get some stuff, so I drove him to the train station.

I worked on the video - a little...

Now I’m looking online for new video cameras (ours is an ancient 8mm Sony camcorder). I’m also looking for better editing software. I used to have Adobe Premier Elements. Now the “best” I have is iMovie. I think/know he will need better. (and I'd like something better) I’m trying to decide between Premier Elements or Final Cut Express…I don’t have time to research this right now!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for a peek at my week.
          The next few days will be crazy busy. Everything is happening at once!

This is a “list” to help me think:
          Tomorrow - I’m getting a pedicure and working on my video – hopefully finishing it…oh yeah, I should figure out about parking at the Toronto airport vs Park n Fly…
          Thursday - I’m talking to the students that are videotaping the concert and then I’m driving my In-Laws to their Dr’s appointments. It’s also team photo night for Daughter’s Soccer team.
          Friday - I’m supposed to supply again, but I’m debating becoming ”sick” and using the day if needed to finish the video, pack for Vegas, and take my Daughter into the city for her birthday present and a shirt for the concert and any last minute things I’ll “need”. Oh yeah, she has a game at 7. (But she’s not sure if she’s “ready” to play yet – she hasn’t played a game yet this season – just practice – ACL recovery and all that…)
          Saturday – pack for Vegas, hopefully NOT have to work on the video, buy food and clean the house. Finish preparing my trailer for a “surprise” visitor, who’s coming for Monday – Wednesday. I’ll have to pick up University Son from the train. Then we have a surprise 50th for a friend at night!
          Sunday – Last minute prep for surprise guest, maybe practice for my concert? Deliver University Son to Leamington for the week (Oh yeah, sometime this week we have to find a place for him to stay…) Birthday Daughter wants to go out for supper for her Birthday…
          Monday – Go over videotaping with the High school students, greet surprise guest, set up for concert, make sure the video works!, Play at concert. Collect video cameras.
          Tuesday – transfer video to computer and then take the cameras into the school. Visit with my surprise guest, last minute packing…Oh yeah, figure out when to tell my Farmer what’s happening Get up and leave for the drive to Toronto at 3am
          Wednesday – Fly to Vegas!!!!!! My surprise guest will still be at my place…I feel bad that I’ll be leaving her…

Wow.
          I’m overwhelmed just reading about it…
          I don't think I'll be spending very much time on MDA...
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I feel really tired after reading all that! At least most of it is fun stuff.

Enjoy your surprise visitor and don't work too hard.
            My Journal

Comment

• Its a good thing most of it is "fun stuff"

I'll work hard until Monday, and then I'm gonna enjoy the rest of it!
              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• June
                1. June 6 - Daughter’s 16th Birthday
                2. June 6 - Band 20th Anniversary Concert
                3. June 6-8 – Surprise Guest
                4. June 8 - Vegas!!!!!!!
                5. June 11th – Farmer’s 50th Birthday
                6. June 14th – Home & back to “normal” life

Food
                Protein shake, BAS: 2 hard boiled eggs, bacon, tomato, cucumber, carrots, cauliflower, balsamic vinaigrette, Perrier lime water, a vodka cooler, hamburger patty, cucumber, tomato, dill pickle, sweet potato fries, coconut/chocolate/protein cubes, chai

Off Plan Eating: the Perrier just wasn’t “cutting it”…so I had a vodka cooler…

PBF
                L3 Pushup – 20, 20
                L2 Plank – 30 sec (before I got out of bed this morning)

Oh! I helped Army Wannabe Son and Daughter lift the trampoline over the fence!
                That's lifting big heavy things 4' in the air and not letting it fall on you! (Avoid trauma!)

Bed last night at 11, up at 9 this morning.
                Pedicure appointment at 10. And I somehow managed to smudge BOTH of my big toenails…

At 11:15 I stopped in at the high school to talk to the students who are videotaping our concert on Monday night.

Then I came home and worked on the video/slideshow for the concert. I was only distracted a few times (lunch, laundry, supper) and a couple of short breaks to “move”. I’m back working on it again tonight. But I’m at the kitchen table and my bottom’s getting sore

The Farmer still doesn’t know about Vegas!

Maybe I’ll take a break later and try to read some journals.
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I forgot...

I saw this on a friend's Facebook status:

Miracle premature baby declared dead by doctors revived by mother's touch | Mail Online

I thought I'd share
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• June
                    3. June 8 - Vegas!!!!!!!
                    4. June 11th – Farmer’s 50th Birthday
                    5. June 14th – Home & back to “normal” life

Food
                    Protein shake, 2 deviled eggs, protein/coconut/chocolate cube, small bowl of left over stew, another protein shake.

Avoided!
                    At Tim Hortons with my In-Laws, I had a tea while they had fruit smoothies!
                    When I got home I thought about having a drink (alcohol)….but I decided to have a protein shake instead!

5 Tibetan Rites – 10x

PBF
                    L3 Pushup – 25, 25
                    L4 Squat – 40, 40
                    L2 Plank – 40 sec)

4 Sprints!!!

Bed last night at 11, up at 8:30 this morning.
                    Exercise, Band Video, Dishes.

I drove my MIL to her Dr’s appointment in London. I took my macbook pro and worked on the Band Video. (The last time we waited for 3 HOURS! This time I wanted to be prepared, I figured IF I took my computer, we wouldn’t have as long of a wait as we would if I DIDN’T take it). We got out of there at 3:15…I got some work done on the video!

Then we had to stop at Tim Hortons because my Father-In-Law wanted an Iced Cappuccino. When we got there the Capp machine was broken. So they had Fruit Smoothies instead. I found myself wondering how much sugar/calories were in the smoothie (wtf?) I had a peppermint tea instead.

We stopped at a greenhouse and picked up some tomato plants. I got home at 6pm. My Farmer was in the field, we had leftovers and then had to leave for my Daughter’s soccer team photos.

Tonight, more work on the video.
                    I cancelled tomorrow’s supply job, I have too much to do.
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• You really do have a lot on the go this week! I've been popping by to read your posts here and there but being antisocial by not saying hello lately.

Glad to hear the video is coming along...amazing what can be accomplished when it comes down to the looming deadline . Exercising again too, awesome .

And great job on keeping the Vegas trip a surprise...no doubt he will be completely impressed, and you'll have an amazing time.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Have you noticed that since you've finished May and don't have "Do something physical everyday" on your list of goals, you're actually doing more now?

Maybe it's just me.
                        My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          You really do have a lot on the go this week! I've been popping by to read your posts here and there but being antisocial by not saying hello lately.
                          That's Ok, I've been doing the same

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          Glad to hear the video is coming along...amazing what can be accomplished when it comes down to the looming deadline . Exercising again too, awesome .
                          You'd think after 40 something years, I'd have learned to NOT procrastinate...I foolishly tell myself I work better under pressure...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          And great job on keeping the Vegas trip a surprise...no doubt he will be completely impressed, and you'll have an amazing time.
                          He still doesn't know! And yes, I plan on having an amazing time! I'll take tons of photos!

Have you noticed that since you've finished May and don't have "Do something physical everyday" on your list of goals, you're actually doing more now?

Maybe it's just me.
                          Ha! Only noticed after you pointed it out!
                          I never did like being told that I HAD to do something - not even by myself...
                          lesson learned, no more "have to" monthly goals...
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• June
                            3. June 8 - Vegas!!!!!!!
                            4. June 11th – Farmer’s 50th Birthday
                            5. June 14th – Home & back to “normal” life

Food
                            Protein shake, 2 slices of bacon, protein/coconut/chocolate cube, Greek salad with chicken (same mall food as last time)

4 squares of Lindt Sea Salt, and a small bag of “Real Fruit” gummies…Tall $tarbucks Tazo Chai Latte

Off Plan Eating: the small bag of “Real Fruit” gummies…it was in the movie theatre…but I didn’t have popcorn or pop! And I guess the $tarbucks isn’t really on my “eating plan” either…

5 Tibetan Rites – 10x
                            PBF
                            L3 Pushup – 25
                            L4 Squat – 40
                            L2 Plank – 40 sec

Bed last night at 11, up at 8:30 in the morning.
                            Drove my daughter to school, exercises, went into the school to talk to the students who are taping for me on Monday. Brought one of the cameras home to make sure I can transfer the footage.

Worked on the video, laundry, dishes, cooked bacon, picked up my daughter at school at 1pm and went into London for "Birthday Shopping”.

I got her this for her “Sweet 16”

White gold with white sapphires and amethysts. Her 1st "real" jewelery

Then we bought a few clothes, some lawn chairs, and some chocolate

We had to stay in the city until 9 to pick up University Son from the train station, so at 5, when we were “done” shopping, we decided to see a movie. We watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Then we picked up University Son and stopped at $tarbucks on the way home.
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I borrowed three video cameras for the concert Monday night.
                              I brought one of the cameras home for the weekend to make sure I would have no problems transferring the video.

Guess what? They didn't pack the "right" CD with the camera! They packed the one that lets me transfer STILL photos, but not video!

So, after 2 hours...
                              My mac will recognize the camera, but won't read the MOD files....
                              My pc will transfer the files, BUT they won't play back smoothly OR open in movie maker...

Seriously?

I don't need this...

Thanks for letting me vent. I'll figure out something...
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Wow, that really sucks .

Did you figure out a solution??

Lovely necklace for your sweet sixteen year old. Mine (not so sweet, he prefers to be called "manly and ripped") just wanted cash for his birthday last month
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X