No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never, ever, ever, never wear a bikini again (I say again, the last time I wore one, I was 10!). The damage done by obesity and twins to my stomach means it will likely never see the light of day in public ever again!
    AMEN SISTER!!!! While I wear my "twin skin" with pride--- after all, carrying/birthing 14 pounds of baby/babies is no easy feat--- I have no desire to subject the world to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
      Bikini...? You are a brave woman and I hope that you will wear it!

I will never, ever, ever, never wear a bikini again (I say again, the last time I wore one, I was 10!). The damage done by obesity and twins to my stomach means it will likely never see the light of day in public ever again!

Can't wait to see the photos!
      Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
      Bikini!? o.O I hope you DO wear it!

I've never worn one. It was always my ultimate goal... but I think I'm ok with not doing it.

+1 on can't wait to see the photos!
      I've only a bikini in public once or twice. In January in Jamacia, and maybe years and years ago...when I was 14...
      Maybe I'll wear it in Vegas. The REAL brave/body acceptance moment will be when/if I wear it at "home".

The photos are still not "approved"...I wanted to use the photos thru MDA, 'cause then only members can see them...

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      Looking forward to the old photos...those are always fun! I second (third?) the call for bikini shots when you are ready to do so!! I've worn them on vacations the past few years after not for a good many years, and sometimes feel better in them than others. It's really all about attitude. I'm sure you saw many women on the beaches in Jamaica during your winter holiday of all sorts of shapes and sizes in bikinis and feeling totally comfortable in their own skin. I think that ownership of "this is me and I'm good with that" is a great perspective to be striving for.
      Yeah, seeing some of the other bikini "wearers" helped me decide to wear it there. It is definitely ALL about attitude!
      My goal is to have that attitude!

I hear you on the organic berries...I buy some produce organic but not everything...sometimes for the price, and sometimes the organic stuff shipped in out of season looks really crappy, all sad and wilted and old. But better $4 for organic berries than for cookies/potato chips/assorted crap/chai latte(!).
      Yup, I'm gonna try to remember that...
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• So this morning, just after I left home to drive to work, I find myself behind a Township truck. As I get closer, I notice something in the back. I take a second look. Yup, it's a deer! I'm debating calling my Farmer when the driver motions me to pass. As I pass I notice that it's a friend of my Farmer's (a guy he goes moose hunting with) I roll down my window and ask him "how fresh is the deer?". He says "last night, why do you want it for your dogs?" I said "yup. The farmer's home, drop it off" and I call my Farmer and tell him they're coming.

So tonight guess what we get to do?????
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• OK, the photos are finally approved.

This ties in with our discussions on false body images, lead bones and wacky BMI charts.
          These are 20 years old.

Remember, I am 5' " tall. I don't know my exact weight in either of these, but I can assure you it is OVER 125 lbs.
          According to all BMI charts, that made me overweight, by as much as 20 lbs.

These are both taken after I had 2 children.
          My 2nd son was born in Feb 1989.

The 1st photo was in the Bahamas in March 1990, on my parent's sailboat:
          (ignore the hair - the wind was blowing )

Because the "weight charts" said I should weigh 100-105 lbs, I felt fat.
          I thought I had a huge stomach. I didn't think I was in good enough shape to wear a bikini.

This photo is one of the reasons I don't think 105 is an ideal (or achievable) goal weight for me.

The second photo was from Feb 1991:

About the same weight, and I had the same body issues/self image.

I would KILL for that body now.

Comments? Discussion?
          Theories on lead bones???
          Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013, 05:49 PM. Reason: removed photos
          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 9 days till Band Concert
            11 days till VEGAS!!!!

Maybe May
            1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – not yet, but the night is early
            2. SLEEP – 9 hours!!!!
            3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – not yet…

Food
            Protein shake with mango and coconut water, left over roast beef, a protein cube, a square of Lindt 85%, two small BBQ pork loin chops, a couple roasted potato cubes.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
            No wine yet today…

The day isn't finished so you can't yet say that I made a VERY BIG STUPID MISTAKE!
            I'm planning on working on my video tonight.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
            Not yet, but will cutting up a deer carcass count?

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
            Bed last night at 10:30, up at 7:30 this morning.
            On my way to work I scored a deer for the Butterfly Girls!

Taught English today – well I turned on the DVD player
            It was Hamlet day. 1st class was Disney’s The Lion King, 2nd class was a modern version of Hamlet. For the last class there was no DVD – grade 9’s writing poems…

More shopping after work, a few clothing items for Vegas.
            I even bought a couple of shirts for my Farmer.

It’s almost time to go out to the barn and see what the Farmer did with the deer today.
            Supposedly the hind quarters have been cut off and Lily tried to guard them

I also need to work on my band video tonight.
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Nice score on the deer carcass, I expect we'll have more photos of your doggies with massive rib bones .

I love the old photos. You looked fantastic! I completely understand your perspective of at the time, I have some of those same old photos (not digital) where in retrospect I looked great and yet felt "fat". And I have to confess I think I had the same huge glasses around 1991... .
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                Nice score on the deer carcass, I expect we'll have more photos of your doggies with massive rib bones .
                Possibly At least for a little while, it's getting warm here. We won't be leaving body parts lying around like we can in November

I love the old photos. You looked fantastic! I completely understand your perspective of at the time, I have some of those same old photos (not digital) where in retrospect I looked great and yet felt "fat". And I have to confess I think I had the same huge glasses around 1991... .
                Thanks. I know, why can't we appreciate what we have until its gone??

I scanned the photos. You could scan some too...

Yeah, gotta love those huge glasses
                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I've worked on the band video - scanned in some more photos.

I also cooked some bacon and had a bacon, hard boiled egg and romaine salad.

Still no wine. It's funny. I only seem to want wine before supper. If I'm not home or I get home late, I don't "need" it...
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                    Because the "weight charts" said I should weigh 100-105 lbs, I felt fat.
                    I thought I had a huge stomach. I didn't think I was in good enough shape to wear a bikini.

This photo is one of the reasons I don't think 105 is an ideal (or achievable) goal weight for me.

About the same weight, and I had the same body issues/self image.

I would KILL for that body now.

Comments? Discussion?
                    Theories on lead bones???
                    I have no theories, clearly for whatever reason, some people are built heavier than others. You looked amazing and had a gorgeously flat stomach and it's such a shame that you couldn't appreciate it then when you had it, isn't it?

I don't know that any of us are any different though. You could probably ask the most beautiful woman in the world if there was anything she didn't like about her body and she would give you a lift of flaws that would be invisible to the onlooker. I really don't think there's any way to get the perspective that we're getting now without the maturity that comes with getting older. You know the old phrase that "Youth is wasted on the young." It's so true! I wouldn't go back in time and be 20 again for anything unless I could take the extra 18 years of experience I've got with me. Now that would be awesome!

Have fun butchering. I've never butchered anything in my life, but I'd love to have a go at it.
                    My Journal

Comment

• Thanks. I wonder if anyone is ever truly "happy" with their body...
                      Yeah, sometimes I think I'd like to go back, knowing what I know now...

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                      Have fun butchering. I've never butchered anything in my life, but I'd love to have a go at it.
                      I did

butchering photos coming soon...
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• The Deer

My Farmer skinned it and cut out the tenderloin and then hung the hind end:

I got to cut up the hind quarters yesterday. Of course, I started but I was slow and acted helpless, so he took over the knife and had it done in 10 minutes! Then I cut it smaller and bagged it up:

Lily kept checking out and trying to guard the deer in the wheelbarrow.
                        Here she's "Kissing" it:

We gave her the hind end after we'd removed most of the meat. She actually ate off it for a while:

Before she started to guard it:

She guarded it for a bit and then we moved it into the pen along with another leg (for Josie). She guarded again just after it was moved, (She was saying "Mom, DON'T move my meat again!") but then started eating again. Later she grumbled a little, but let me cut some meat off the bone for their supper. She barely ate the meat I cut off for her, I think she was full!

I had to pitch it over the fence for her to come in for the night. She didn't want to leave it.

Josie wasn't as interested. She ate the pieces I offered her, but she didn't want to "touch" the "real" thing! I had two legs in the back yard, Lily was busy guarding her leg and I was playing with Josie and a ball. I threw it once and it landed touching the 2nd leg. Josie went up to it and sniffed, but wouldn't get the ball 'cause it was touching the leg!
                        Last edited by winencandy; 05-29-2011, 07:42 AM. Reason: typo
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Saturday
                          Maybe May

1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – nope...
                          2. SLEEP – 7 hours
                          3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – ummm...

Food
                          Protein shake, burger patty, dill pickle, white wine, 2 pork loin chops, asparagus, roasted sweet potato, zucchini, carrots, and cauliflower.
                          More wine and (gasp) nacho chips and salsa…

Off Plan Eating: the nachos…

REALLY BIG STUPID MISTAKE - didn't work on the video...

Does flinging deer legs over the fence count?

Bed last night at 2 am, (I got sucked into watching a stupid “disaster of the week” movie – you know the type - meteors destroying San Francisco, main guy had to go save his kids, army wants to use nukes, but there’s problems, scientist searches for solutions before it’s too late, new bigger problem appears, but don’t worry folks, they find the solution and save the day…) up at 9:30 Saturday morning.

We cut up the deer.
                          My Farmer put up lattice around the deck to stop the Butterfly Girls from hiding under it.

I got groceries.

We were invited to our friends for the evening.
                          Wine, Hot tub and Cards (and nachos and salsa)

Home at 2 am!
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Maybe May
                            1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – tonight…
                            2. SLEEP – 7 hours
                            3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – um…

Food
                            BAS: cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, tomato, roasted turkey lunch meat, balsamic vinaigrette. white wine. Roast beef, sweet potato, squash, cucumber, Chai. A slice of rhubarb pie with a tiny scoop of ice cream, a square of Lindt 85%

Off Plan Eating: Rhubarb pie – but University Son made it…with fresh rhubarb…

I am spending the evening working on my video!

I…um…no “official” exercise…

Bed last night at 2 am, again – playing cards at a friends house. Up at 9:00 this morning.

A little MDA, then I planted some basil and rosemary.

My Farmer taught my Daughter to back up a trailer with the 4 wheeler.

I drank wine and organized the trailer.

I’m going to work on the band video this evening, and watch the weather for Thunderstorm warnings…
                            Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013, 05:50 PM.
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• geez I'm sick for a few days and there are pages of stuff for me to read

You looked great in those old photos... (yes I had some huge glasses too!) We totally dont appreciate what we have in our youth. Actually for the most part my bod is looking ok but I still tend to pick on all the little flaws. Seriously I think, you find a woman that is happy with how she looks, and I'll show you either a liar, or someone who has spent a fortune on plastic surgery! Not sure about the lead bones theory, have you always felt you were a big boned kind of girl?? I've always been tiny boned... I can put my thumb and third finger round my wrist... and frankly I wouldnt be surprised if I could do it with my ankles too (wont try, got boots on today!) So bone structure must make a difference in terms overall weight surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                I can't get over how red the meat is!

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                Before she started to guard it:
                                I absolutely love her expression "you touch my meat... I KILL you!!"
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X