No announcement yet.

I have taken ze challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ate breakfast and I wasn't hungry til dinner. Actually easier than herding cats.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Excellent. So basically you're experiencing first hand that eating this way consistently keeps your blood sugar from crashing down into that "OMG STARVING" range.
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Fully!
        although it has yet to incite comments such as, "Are you anorexic, or just crapping yourself skinny on a Metamucil fast?" as I was hoping. Yep, that's right folks I am stagnant as a turd in a clogged toilet. No wait loss or gain. I am beginning to think that I am one of those people with unlucky genes that Mark talks about in his book. Perhaps my destiny lies in being a Fatty Patty, you know, like the Patty that the XL blow up dolls are modeled after at the Adult Book Store." Perhaps I just need to embrace my destiny as Me2 The Hut. I heard Jabba is looking for a female equal. Nah, I like to think that I am just in the caterpillar stage, right? Only how long is that supposed to last?

In other news I want to move to a small tropical island for the summer and live off of sun and surfing. Who is coming with me?
        Last edited by me2; 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Yeah, as seen in the "coming out of the cave" thread, actually admitting you're IFing is the best way to make other people leap to the conclusion that you have an eating disorder. They'll never actually believe the truth, which is that you're not hungry, and healthy and full of energy!

NO weight loss -- has your figure changed though? Huh. I can't remember, do you have a lot you want to lose? Maybe step up exercise some? What do I know, I haven't even started yet...

mmm tropical island. It's tempting but I have too many of those pesky responsibilities here. Could it be a timewarp island? Like we go there for a few months, come back, and no time here has passed? ... although with you in Colorado I'm sure you'd rather skip winter!
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Hi me2

I found your journal. Yay. I laughed the whole way through.

I used to live in Colorado, twice actually. I went to school in Boulder and was a vegetarian back then because 99% of the Boulder population is right? Then after a 4 year stint in Europe I went back to Seattle and ended up taking a job in Colorado Springs. Equally loved. Then I moved to New England. Bleh. Recently I moved to Florida because I was too damn cold for me up north. IF'ing has set in the reality that Florida can be quite cold too. Was 78 yesterday mid morning and I was freezing my butt off.

Something that stuck out on your journal was alcohol. I know, I know, I love it too. While I do try and limit myself to 2 glasses of red wine a week, there are days when I can and do drink the whole bottle. Just know that alcohol can hinder us.

Stress: I have been dealing with an insane amount of stress for months on end. Trying to get this in order. Do you suffer from it? Alcohol helps here. I know.

Vitamin D: I was in a rut for 3 weeks and followed the advice of Cillacat and for some reason the body fat started dropping at the very same time. Coinkydink, I don't know.

Workouts: I cut cardio all together and started seeing better results. I do try and do sprints or a short HIIT workout but as we talked about Plyo and Kenpo....axed those completely. I lift weights 3x a week, do a HIIT workout OR sprints once a week. I was such a cardio head for so many years and thought getting it out of my life would just equal insanity but honestly, I am not missing it one single bit.

I don't try to IF, I am just not a morning eater....at all. I have my coffee with coco oil (it is an aquired taste) and then on workout days I find myself not eating until noon or 1 because I don't eat for an hour afterwards due to HGH. I think this is working much better for me. On days I don't workout I eat anywhere from 10-Noon. Dinner for me is generally at 6:30 each night due to getting the boys in the bath and in bed. So I generally have a large window of not eating. If I am hungry after the boys are in bed I grab a tablespoon of Almond butter or a glass of red wine.

I am also trying to sleep more and I already see a huge difference. Other things suffer with this so I don't know the reality of me being able to continue this but once I get myself organized, perhaps I can maintain it.

I know that these stalls are like brick walls and really the only thing I can say is to try and change it up and hang in there. By your picture you don't seem like you have all that much to lose. If you are in the 10-15 lb range, this is by far the hardest and it will happen but will happen slowly.

The scale speech: LOL, yes, I still weigh myself. I get up at 6am, I walk to the kitchen and make sure my coffee is ready. I walk back to the bathroom, pee and then weigh. Your scale will be more true if you are weighing yourself at the same time each day. My walk to the kitchen is basically to get the fluids circulating. Couple with the fact that I am pretty pissy if I don't have my coffee within a reasonable amount of time after waking up. Like 5 minutes. LOL. I substituted green tea for 3 weeks and it was hard as heck but I did it. Didn't seem to make much difference so I went back to coffee.

These are just my thoughts on ideas that have gripped me from my stall of 3 weeks that I wanted to share in case you find any of them handy.

Many of us women struggle with the last 10-15 lbs of fat. I have read this over and over and over. I am in the same boat. My weight of 138 is acceptable for me at 5'7 but my flab grab in the belly is not. Before I added vitamin D last week, I was at 144 and not budging an ounce one way or the other. Also last week I didn't do an ounce of cardio. I lost more than 9" in the past 3 weeks, incredibly 2.5 inches from my muffin top.

Sorry for the book. Just wanted to throw some things out there. I do care. I think you are ONE AMAZING WOMAN!! Your journal shows that.

Enjoy your day and give yourself a big hug!!

Comment

Originally posted by moo View Post
              Hi me2

I found your journal. Yay. I laughed the whole way through.

I think you are ONE AMAZING WOMAN!! Your journal shows that.
              +1 Agree w all of the above! I lurve reading your journal.
              ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

Stardate 64317.3. Today's mission asks the question how can I it back to good? When I first started primal I was just plain primal w/ the dairy too. I was eating nuts and fruits like a monkey gone wild and I felt like I was on happy pills. I often found myself dancing the funky chicken in my house and felt boundless energy. Now I am dragging. My mom pointed out that I am more tired now than I was last year, when I was teaching 100% & in school to get my Master's. To which I responded WTF mate? Something is not right here. I am sleeping 8.5-9hrs/night I should be Jazzercised. I need to return to the happy place.

The first variable I will be exploring is the moo juice. I'm gonna stick to raw & fermented, but this brings me to a question: What is with all the weird animal cheeses? First it was goat, now it's sheep. For real, it's like anything that has nipples people are think, "Might as well milk it!" That means all mammals are fair game, though rat milk sounds downright disgusting. Here are my top 3 animal cheeses I want to try:

1. Camel-surely a tasty mammal
                2. Elephant-thems gots to have gynormous utters
                3. Platypus-JK

Any why stop at animals? I mean really people, we donate blood, sell plasma, harvest eggs, and hawk sperm, isn't breast milk the last untapped human bodily fluid? (pun intended). Just think of the possibilities. And don't even say eew, you know you want to try it. Let's tap that teat! Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by me2 View Post
                  StaI felt like I was on happy pills. I often found myself dancing the funky chicken in my house and felt boundless energy. Now I am dragging. My mom pointed out that I am more tired now than I was last year, when I was teaching 100% & in school to get my Master's. To which I responded WTF mate? Something is not right here. I am sleeping 8.5-9hrs/night I should be Jazzercised. I need to return to the happy place.
                  ME TOO! If you figure out the answer, please come tell me. I am actually mourning the way I felt a couple of weeks ago. I was like the energizer bunny for a week. I thought I was a new person forever. Now, the last two weeks, I am a total dud, despite being 99% Primalicious. Grumpy, depressed, tired. WTH? I will be keeping my eye on your journal to see what advice the experienced folks have for you... and wishing you best of luck in getting back to good! Now, off to go eat a bunch of fat.
                  ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

Here I am with trivia in response to your various musings!

Elephants make about 3 gallons of milk a day... but cows can reportedly hit 25 gallons a day in summer. Wonder how much cows would make if we weren't working so hard all this time to turn them into milk-machines eh? (probably one gallon, which is how much a calf drinks.)

Believe it or not, you're right, there actually IS a market to donate or even sell human breastmilk. Donations to hospitals are usually for at-risk preemies and other babies... but some parents who can't breastfeed their babies will buy milk, and some AIDS or cancer patients buy it too! There are lots of ethical and risk issues with the idea of selling human milk, since people may be tempted to dilute it with water, formula, or other milk for more $$$...

<whine>I WISH I made enough milk to ever consider such a thing. Not because I want to actually do that, but because I had so many supply issues, I couldn't even make enough for my daughter... super frustrating. I'm hoping for this next baby I can manage supply differently from the beginning and have plenty.</whine>

Oh and for the record, human milk is on the sweet side. A hell of a lot better-tasting than formula, that's for sure. Can't say I'd wanna chug it though...

Comment

A big fist bump to Jenny for being my fact checker. If I ever go into journalism I will hire you.

I added the cheese (1-2 small slices of raw/ day) and also accidentally added 1/2-1 serving of fruit the past three days. Great news, my energy is coming back! I will be back to my square dancing in no time. The bad news is that over the past couple weeks I gained some weight. I'm too scared to get on the scale but I can feel it in the way my clothes fit. Where is the "effortless weight loss" in this diet? For real. take this post for example:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...440#post260440

It seriously gives muscle spasms just thinking about all the work you have to put in to drop the lbs. Well I guess I had better get a fit day account and start calculating the calories in every crumb I lick off the floor. About as fun as cleaning a port-o-potty I say.

Comment

A combination of google, boredom, and personal experience brought that little essay... You can decide which part was which.

Accidentally, eh. Well, glad you feel good at least! I certainly can't speak to the weight loss part from experience... It. Sure sounds like women have a less preposterously easy time of it compared to men here though.

Comment

Alas it is true, women have a rough time of it. Perhaps if I take some steroids?

I also admire your gumption for admitting to the sweetness of boob juice. You are not the only one I know who has tried it, but I admire you none the less.

Comment

Now this is more like it!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

Comment

RE: trying the boob juice. Not so much a burning curiosity thing... more scenarios like so: "Hmm, this bag has been in the fridge for a while, is it still good?" or "Hmm, she refused this bottle -- do the vitamin drops make the milk taste funny?"

(Normally people could answer question #1 using their sense of smell, but I don't really have much of a sense of smell when I'm done being pregnant, so that's the only way to know for sure... ... man I'm seriously gonna miss having a sense of smell. Goodbye, apples!)

RE: twinkie diet, saw a follow-up article touching on that today: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/11...ex.html?hpt=C2 and Haub emphasizes he wasn't trying to promote twinkies as food. (SO SAD.) The article looked relatively promising to me at first, in part because it admits that meat exists and people can eat it... but of course only "lean" meat... and then it devolves into naming diets that work without mentioning anything lower-carb, blah blah whole grains, yadda.

I guess that beats eating nothing but snack cakes, though.

Comment

Riddle me this:

My husband eats whatever he wants: beer, bread, candy, la la la, exercises less than me, and has 6-pack abs. I am 100% primal, work out a ton, and am a cow. WTF people? Or person, I should say. Thanks Jenny.

Comment

Working...
                                X