Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    I
    Plus, I wanna know how you do, so I can take credit for your success (for no reason at all, just because).

*More Yoda-y advice to come.
    Meaty I can't tell you how many times I have been like, "Should have been listening to that meaty chick all along." Just got to open my ears & stop being such a ijiot. Thanks for pulling my dead weight along wit cha.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

• Dude, I don't take credit for all your ass-kicking work. I've just been there (and am still there), so I like it when I can help (or at least try to).

First of all:
      Breathe in,
      Breathe out,
      –repeat.

Second of all, your sister in law sounds annoying, I would have probably attempted some sort of assassination by now, but thankfully I'm an only child.

I know how frustrating it is (oh lord, I know), but stressing yourself out is not gonna help.
      What's the urgency?
      You're married. You have a job. Undeniable wit. And I suspect you're hot
      I know many have told you this already: "being healthy should be rewarding enough..."
      this doesn't mean you can't look like GI Jane, you will, but you have to constantly remember that your body is not in the best of states right now
      and it might want to lose weight, it's just so damned confused that it doesn't know what planet it's on.
      You fed it candy.
      You boozed it up.
      Now you're depriving it of its most important fuel- sugar-
      Now there's no more dairy,
      Either there are not enough calories
      Or there are too much...
      Your body is pretty much freaking out right now...
      Give it time.
      So you'll get there. Hold on...!

Now, Mark's book paints everyone endeavouring on PB to become magically fit in a green, grass-fed land where unicorns will be picking flowers, but most low carb gurus (like Mary Enig) will spare you the fantasies and say:
      you can lose weight and be a normal weight on eating like this but you will not be skinny.
      Fact: you're normal weight.
      Your body has been so used to this weight that it's trying desperately to hold onto to this status quo.
      It's a nasty battle and you're not gonna win... (at least not by force).

The people on this forum who are insanely fit are either genetically gifted, lost most of their weight on CW and are just maintaining, or work insanely hard after they have pinpointed every factor in their personal weightloss formula.

You just recently cut out dairy, right? It'll take time.
      It's not like you were flawless for 6 months eating nothing but coconut and grass fed beef, cause if you did do all that and haven't lost a pound I must relinquish my title of Captain Dofus, something which I hold dear *dramatic pause*

...No seriously.
      You remind me of myself so much, and I remember when I complained about the frustration of my weight stalling it was usually when I conveniently forgot all the apple cobblers and baguettes I had...

Next: calories.
      Are you counting them?
      You should. Create a deficit. Meaning, increase your exercise (btw, what sort of stuff are you doing?) and decrease your calories. You probably shouldn't be eating more than 1500, but with PB it's very easy to eat 2000 and not notice.

Weight loss isn't easy. There are so many variables.
      Like, I only lose weight if I'm ZC. If I eat one apple I'm doomed... (Like, wtf?! AN APPLE?!!?!?!)
      Some people, like my friend, can do all meat and fat and not lose any weight; they must limit their calories. Some people on PB eat mostly salads, the meat and fat is secondary.
      Some can get away with cheat meals, dairy and lose weight, some have to be perfect.

Try lard, tallow and ghee... If you can find duck fat, it's good too!
      You'll like ghee if you like butter.. It has a very sweet buttery fragrance but has no lactose.
      Though I highly doubt butter is cramping your style.
      I suspect its your calories or lack of movement (maybe you need some moderate cardio).
      BTW, do P90X if you're brave and insane.
      If that doesn't turn you into insanely hot I don't know what will...!

As a last resort: try ZC.
      Meat, seafood, fowl, fat (only animal or butter).
      Nothing else.
      Not even bacon or pork.
      See if that works.

G'luck!
      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• holy crapola, batgirl! what a pep talk!

whodathunkit!

Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
        Dude, I don't take credit for all your ass-kicking work. I've just been there (and am still there), so I like it when I can help (or at least try to).

First of all:
        Breathe in,
        Breathe out,
        –repeat.

Second of all, your sister in law sounds annoying, I would have probably attempted some sort of assassination by now, but thankfully I'm an only child.

I know how frustrating it is (oh lord, I know), but stressing yourself out is not gonna help.
        What's the urgency?
        You're married. You have a job. Undeniable wit. And I suspect you're hot
        I know many have told you this already: "being healthy should be rewarding enough..."
        this doesn't mean you can't look like GI Jane, you will, but you have to constantly remember that your body is not in the best of states right now
        and it might want to lose weight, it's just so damned confused that it doesn't know what planet it's on.
        You fed it candy.
        You boozed it up.
        Now you're depriving it of its most important fuel- sugar-
        Now there's no more dairy,
        Either there are not enough calories
        Or there are too much...
        Your body is pretty much freaking out right now...
        Give it time.
        So you'll get there. Hold on...!

Now, Mark's book paints everyone endeavouring on PB to become magically fit in a green, grass-fed land where unicorns will be picking flowers, but most low carb gurus (like Mary Enig) will spare you the fantasies and say:
        you can lose weight and be a normal weight on eating like this but you will not be skinny.
        Fact: you're normal weight.
        Your body has been so used to this weight that it's trying desperately to hold onto to this status quo.
        It's a nasty battle and you're not gonna win... (at least not by force).

The people on this forum who are insanely fit are either genetically gifted, lost most of their weight on CW and are just maintaining, or work insanely hard after they have pinpointed every factor in their personal weightloss formula.

You just recently cut out dairy, right? It'll take time.
        It's not like you were flawless for 6 months eating nothing but coconut and grass fed beef, cause if you did do all that and haven't lost a pound I must relinquish my title of Captain Dofus, something which I hold dear *dramatic pause*

...No seriously.
        You remind me of myself so much, and I remember when I complained about the frustration of my weight stalling it was usually when I conveniently forgot all the apple cobblers and baguettes I had...

Are you counting them?
        You should. Create a deficit. Meaning, increase your exercise (btw, what sort of stuff are you doing?) and decrease your calories. You probably shouldn't be eating more than 1500, but with PB it's very easy to eat 2000 and not notice.

Weight loss isn't easy. There are so many variables.
        Like, I only lose weight if I'm ZC. If I eat one apple I'm doomed... (Like, wtf?! AN APPLE?!!?!?!)
        Some people, like my friend, can do all meat and fat and not lose any weight; they must limit their calories. Some people on PB eat mostly salads, the meat and fat is secondary.
        Some can get away with cheat meals, dairy and lose weight, some have to be perfect.

Try lard, tallow and ghee... If you can find duck fat, it's good too!
        You'll like ghee if you like butter.. It has a very sweet buttery fragrance but has no lactose.
        Though I highly doubt butter is cramping your style.
        I suspect its your calories or lack of movement (maybe you need some moderate cardio).
        BTW, do P90X if you're brave and insane.
        If that doesn't turn you into insanely hot I don't know what will...!

As a last resort: try ZC.
        Meat, seafood, fowl, fat (only animal or butter).
        Nothing else.
        Not even bacon or pork.
        See if that works.

G'luck!
        Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

• Hun? Y_Y
          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• You need all-meat/just-meat week. Embrace the meat, stuff yer face wit it. You will emerge as a gloriously tuff swan.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
              Are you counting them?
              Seconded -- I know we aren't supposed to have to count calories under PB, but I've tracked really rigorously and it has helped me a lot. I could have easily eaten more calories without really realizing it. The obsessive food logging (and using it as a meal plan for the day) has really helped me realize "I want a yogurt... but, look at that. I've had plenty to eat. You know, I'm not belly-hungry after all, I'm just mouth-hungry."
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Oh lawd people where do I start?

#1 counting shit:
                Dude i make EVERY meals I eats. That means one meal would look like this:
                1/4 lb sausage
                1/8 of an onion
                1/4 sm head of cauliflower
                1 clove garlic
                2 c chicken broth
                1/16 head of cabbage
                2T EVOO

That's as tedious & time consuming as hand plucking your bikini line.

Cheats: yeah I cheat, but super small, like 1 serving dark chocolate, 2 coconut sugar sweetened cookies, or 2 T cream. For real I have not touched grains but once @ Christmas. My celiac past helps w/ that one.

What is the urgency? It is who I am. I remember sucking in my stomach when I was 9. I once read this book about this lady in India who (purportedly) had a super fast reincarnation & could remember her past life w/ vivid clarity. She could never reconcile her new face w/ her old, & never felt quite right. That is how it is for me. I just always feel like there is a skinny bitch screaming to get out. Also I just don't want to look back on a year and be like WTF?

Calories-Taubes thinks calories in/calories out is BS. He makes a good case. Read the book- it is short & concise.

For now I focus on meat & fat, but I am not going all meat cuz I know that will just make me fall off the wagon. Ketosis seems good for me. It has only been two weeks after all.

Workin' it: If anything I work out too much. This week alone I skied 12 hours (yeah some of that I'm on a lift) & did 30 min yoga. That is prob why I eat like a pregnant horse.

Confucius (or was it Yoga Journal?) says: "One by one. The path to transformation involves many small steps. Experience each one as meaningful."

So:
                I kicked a cold in 3 days
                My skin is fab
                I'm not emotional eating as much
                I'm happier. V happy today cuz I had extra carbs (1 whole bell pepper!)
                some lady asked my husband if I lost weight (what does it matter that I didn't?)

Sooo, in reflection I am in Meat's hampster wheel.

What do you think about CLA?

In other news I have been invited to Miss Arkansas' wedding. She is marrying my husbands friend. YeeeeeHaw!
                Last edited by me2; 01-27-2011, 08:04 PM.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

• Taubes can suck my left one.

I don't mean obsess over your calories, I just mean if you're eating 8,000 calories a day and not losing weight don't be shocked. Obviously, according to the theory of calories in/out, PB would be bogus (we eat way more than we should and still maintain).
                  That's the thing... You don't need to obsess, you can lose it worry free and slowly. Since you want to lose it quickly, it's gonna take a lot more ass kicking. Ask any fitness model if she's counting her almonds. The fact is, she has a chiselled body (does Taubes?), so her methods shouldn't be dismissed so lightly.

Dude, doesn't Taubes talk about insulin and its cruel mystical affects on your body?...
                  If you're eating even a tiny bit of chocolate you're still producing it. You're body is not thinking, "oh, it's just a tiny piece... so never mind, carry on..." it's thinking "HOLY SHIT YEAH! INSULIIIIIIIIIN! PAAAAAAARTYYYYYYYY!" (*sorry you had to be subjected to this analogy)
                  Did you read stuff by Robb Wolf? He basically says some people can LOOK at something sweet and produce insulin, this isn't just a scary bed time story for the fat children.
                  All or nothing baby!

By all means, I'm not a role model for the calorie counting. My weight loss was so gradual and painful that it went like this:
                  Found PB.
                  Got happy about eating all the fat I want.
                  Ate 3,000 calories every day.
                  Freaked out b/c I've been eating 3,000 calories every day.
                  Counted every thing I was eating to the t.
                  Felt good.
                  Got compliments on lookking good.
                  Got pissed cause I haven't lost weight according to the scale.
                  Binged.
                  Got mad.
                  Got back on PB.
                  Stopped weighing myself.
                  Finally weighed myself a few weeks later.
                  Discovered I lost 5Lbs without realizing.
                  Plateaued.
                  ...etc...
                  It took me more than 6 months to lose anything, so you're not by any definition a freak of nature (don't you just love my compliments?).

Advice:
                  1. Forget the scale. Throw it out. Measure yourself. You're probably losing fat and inches and muscle weighs more than fat, so it seems like you're not losing anything.

2. Tell me to shut up 'cause you realize I don't listen to any of my own advice.
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Okay Meat.

I FINALLY measured myself & guess what? It's all happening! I'm on the downswing, albeit it's only a small change but I will take it! Seems like Ketosis is right for me. Why? Because I hate counting anything but I can tell by my gnar breath that I am in the zone so I don't really have to think about it. BTW what do you do about breath? No mint for me because I take "hogwash" homeopathy (Mark calls it hogwash. Don't get me started).

How do I feel?

1. Stoked. I am finally figuring out what is right for my body. I have been dreaming of this for so long!
                    2. Scared. I am afraid to be small.

So 1/2 of me would like to see my goal @ a size 5/6 & the other half would like to sabotage my progress.
                    That's some major cognitive dissonance!

How does one sabotage self sabotage?

In other news I am less pissy towards people who can eat out an entire pinata & lose weight. They probably don't feel as good as I do.

PS I know all about the insulin, and you and I both know that ones needs a browniesundae,cookies, chocolate, or something once (or twice) a month. That's how I do.
                    Last edited by me2; 01-29-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• OMG!... I LOVE THAT PICTURE!
                      It's my new desktop wallpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed on the brownie/per month theory (a scientifically solid hypothesis indeed). I'm super happy for you! <3<3<3
                      You're doing awesome. Ignore the scale, measure yourself instead.
                      I'm just starting to figure out how important FAT loss is, not WEIGHT loss. Now I'm paranoid about all the muscle I've lost (my BF% was lower when I was heavier...). You're on the right track if you keep learning from my idiotic mistakes

I hate to quote a model (after I've made fun of her in my journal) but... eat parsley instead of mint as a breathe freshener.
                      (remember, it's tasty and low in calories!
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Meat Meaterson groceries for week:

1/2 lb pepperoni
                        1 1/12 lb chicken sausage
                        1 1/2 lb skin on chicken thighs
                        1 1/2 lb chuck steak (whatever that is)
                        1 lb sausage
                        1 lb bacon
                        1lb shrimp
                        1 doz eggs

Oddly I am spending less at the grocery store now that I am focusing on ketosis.

I am IFing through lunch.

I gave up long ago on having a sugar daddy & now I want a Fry Daddy (& an ice cream maker to make coconut ice cream). Maybe start Primal sex phone service to support my Primal habits?

"What are you wearing?"
                        "A bacon bikini"

My v day prezzie to my hubby:

http://www.crownjewelscondoms.com/heritage.html

and

http://www.lilliebellefarms.com/prod...cific=jnqprqq8
                        Last edited by me2; 01-30-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Today my ED student tweaked out & started screaming at me and throwing things. Then she ran away when Team 1 came to pull her out of my room. It is kinda surreal to watch a grown ass man chase a crazy child through your classroom. I had to take the whole class out of the room while they restrained her. Guess that's what happens when your mom in and alcoholic jailbird. Go figure. Sorta made me long for Mark's ridiculous life.

Anywhoo I'm just cruisin' not usin'. Ate a bit more carbs this week due to the fact that I am rebooting the ovarian operating system. On the plus side my PMS is decreasing. Been better about snacking and sometimes, just sometimes I could care less about food.

Eats: The more meat I eat the more I love meat. And coconut milk.

B-chic sausage 2 egg, coconut milk chai
                          L-2 chicken thigh stewy thing
                          D-beef & sausage stewy thing

Is it summer yet?

Last edited by me2; 02-03-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• I am so not cut out for the crowd-control aspects of teaching, methinks. Congratulations to you for surviving it all.

The hipster-irony of the start of that video with the sun and morning amuses me.

I want summer. ;_;

Oh and in response to earlier posts... The condoms are giggleworthy. And I bet we could make a killing with a sort of primal-escort-personal-training service. Take dudes hiking, play some tag, and make them big steak dinners. They'd love it. Only $300/hour!
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• OMG, I just cried a little.
                              I wish I had a bf just for that!!!
                              A primal bf who understands what a woman really wants –chocolate covered bacon.
                              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Though I can proudly proclaim that I have lost a whopping 4 lbs in 6 months, me and the big white blob seemed to have come to another stalemate. No new fat loss. Part of me just wants to fold, just live primally as I am. Ketosis makes my tongue taste like I went down on Spongebob, & I'm tired of fighting. But then there is that new HCL hormone weight loss... anyone here anything about that? Though what I should probably be doing is IFing more (how much more? & for how long?) & doing some kind of sprints (boring torture) or HIT (where do I find those?)

PS
                                Dairy is THE DEVIL!

Comment

Working...
                                X