Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horsewoman stays the distance with primal!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Happy New Year! Here's to it being your best ever!
    Thankyou . And the same to you ole friend!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Comment

Feeling terrible today, very low. First day back at school, was a shock to get up at 7am!

7.30 aub stuff from yesterday and cold chicken

11.30 (not used to early brekkie, tummy thinks it's lunchtime!) 2 chicken legs and 1 thigh, roasted with skin on, last bit of aub stuff, baked Bramley aple with 2 sq Lindt 85% and knob of butter

I then ate abother 6sq of choc (told you it was a bad day) and now my heart is pounding an fluttering in my chest. God can't I get away with any vices!!!! lol Settled myself with a lovely stroll on the moors

5.30 liver, bacon and onion with cabbage, fresh pineapple

8.30 glass of wine
      Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM.
      Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
      Harold Whitman

Comment

Today I feel absolutely terrible- oppressive headache, exhausted, sore muscles, weak, shaky, tearful, anxious. And it's my first day back at work, perfect timing, blah! I have a lot of life stresses going on at the moment and I am finding it quite hard to cope while in this state. I remembered struggling when I started the 30 day challenge so I checked and found the day I posted that was day 6... today is.... day 6. I was hoping I'd get off more lightly this time as I have been grain and legume free since Aug, so I thought it'd be less of a shock to my body than doing it coming from having wholegrains at every meal, even though I have been eating some sugar. Ah well. I know I have to hang on in there, I have no other ideas for how to sort out my health, so I am giving this everything I've got. Just hope that's enough to make it!

Got up at 10am
        10.30 3 eggs with mush and tom fried in lard, some pieces of mango

1.45 liver, onions and spinach cooked in butter, mango, 2 pieces 85% choc
        Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-05-2011, 07:09 AM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

Standing with you ... you are strong! I hope you feel better, and the stress resolves, very soon.
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Thanks. Things are pretty tough at the moment, my sister has ongoing serious health problems and it's been a difficult time with it lately.

Survived work and feel a bit better, hoping things will ease soon re the low carb flu, wasn't expecting it to be so hard.

Rest of todays food-

5.40 beef stew with carrot and swede

8.10 glass of red wine, bit more stew as hungry

Harold Whitman

Comment

Ugh, feel terrible. Still headachey. Really weak and hungry. Checking back, seems to be following the same pattern as the previous 2 times I did this. It was a couple of days past this point I had a mega scary blood sugar crash last time. I am thinking it is something like glycogen is getting depleted but ketosis not properly up and running, or something like that. I work at lunchtimes 3 days a week, walking back today before a late lunch I felt very iffy.

8.15 2 fried eggs in lard, raspberries

11.00 2 rashers thick cut bacon in lard, greens, raspberries

1.45 lamb steak, grilled (feeling greased out lol), raw carrot and red cabbage, "mint sauce" made of contents of mint teabag mixed with ACV and boiling water, 2 sq lindt 85%

5.45 chilli made with beef mince, onion, tomatoes, with homemade avocado salsa on the side

9.10 glass of port, nuts

It's interesting how things change with this WOE. I am so used to needing to eat a huge volume of food at a meal, even to last 3 hours. It is a weird sensation when after I eat half a plate of fatty meat and veg and feel "full", yet I am not full in the same way, but definately not wanting to eat more!
              Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

Feeling a bit better today I think, tho hard to tell as I have a sore throat and dodgy head.

7.45 chilli and salsa

11.05 nuts and pineapple

1.50 chilli and salsa (added some shop bought salsa dh bought by mistake, it didn't have anything bad like veg oil or anything in it, just some citric acid and stuff), 2 sq lindt 85%

5.45 seafood (prawns, mussels and squid rings) sauce (tomatoes added to a jar of pasta sauce- fab UK brand with no additives and only olive oil), olives, leafy salad with raw peppers, glass of white wine, pneapple

9.15 nuts
                Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-07-2011, 02:16 PM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

I have a cold but apart from that I think I am feeling a lot better. Very glad it's Saturday!

9.45 3 bacon, 2 eggs, fried in lard, mushrooms, onion and tomato in butter

12.10 carton of coconut water

1.00 tuna steak in coconut oil, raw carrot and red cabbage, baked Bramley apple with butter and 2 sq lindt 85% (I am too full, still not got the hang of how much less I need to eat!)

5.45 homewood chicken from LC's cookbook. Used skinless chicken breasts cos that's what I fancied, but it wasn't enough fat even though I added lots of EVOO. At least I am assuming that's why I had sugar cravings later on. Glass of white wine, 2 sq lindt 85%

8.15 mixed nuts and an apple fried in butter
                  Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-08-2011, 01:22 PM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

Craving ice cream this morning. Going to take it easy today except for finishing off rearranging the sitting room for fit with our new woodstove, as I still have a cold. Slept till after 9am this morning, though was um, awake for a while in the night .

10.00 2 eggs scrambled in butter with 100g of smoked salmon, broccoli

1.30 chicken from yesterday with soup made with onion, garlic, EVOO, basil and tinned tomatoes, bit of leafy salad, 2 sq lindt 85%

3.30 coconut ice-cream with coconut milk, melon, grapes, lemon juice and zest and cocoa powder (not bad!)

5.45 More of the chicken, greens and savoy cabbage with butter, about 1/4 pint of water kefir (this was too sugary IMO, first batch so need to play around a bit as well as letting it recover from 2 days in the post)

8.30 nuts and glass of red wine
                    Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-10-2011, 01:26 AM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

Not feeling all that bad for a Monday morning. Cold is on it's way out though still headachy.

8.00 tinned mackerel with lemon juice, kale with butter

11.20 4 eggs scrambled with jersey butter and steamed kale, 2 sq lindt 85%

5.45 pork stir fry with EVOO and various veg, tamari, water kefir

9.40 stir fry as above, blueberries
                      Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-10-2011, 02:56 PM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

Cold has gone to my sinuses, yuck. Fab night last night with drumming and meditation followed by my poetry group. Came home to water dripping through the ceiling above the dining room window. That's kind of paleo I suppose lol. Feeling pretty tired, headachy and gross. Couldn't sleep last night witrh restless legs and I seem to be a bit puffy (fluid retention). Not sure what's caused that, it could be the sugar in the kefir. I am suspect that the choc doesn't agree with me, I don't knowif it's the caffeine, sugar or something else. But I am keeping it in for now because it's helping me stay out of the Haagen Dazs! Yoga class today, looking forward to it but haven't been for a while due to holidays, illness etc so it's going to be tough.

Actually I suspect with the chocolate it may be gluten contamination. I choose lindt as they do 90% but also because they don't say "may contain gluten" on the packaging. However looking at their website they do say there may be contamination from barley. I am super sensitive to gluten so a trace, especially if it's daily, would be enough to continue mild symptoms (puffiness, soreness of joints etc). Bah! I am thinking I should cut it down to once a week but I fear I will fall off the wagon without my 2 pieces after lunch to look forward to. Maybe I can replace it with some nice fruit for now, though I also know I need to minimise fruit in the longer term. <sigh>! I might see if I can find some proper gluten free dark choc and see if that makes a difference.

7.45 2 bacon, 3 eggs, butter, onion, tomato, mushrooms

Yoga class, yay!

12.30 canned tuna, dairy free pesto (has veg oil, last jar), avocado and celery. 2 sq lindt 85%

5.30 various olives from eli counter, suspect veg oil

6.30 prawns and bit mixed salad, 2 sq lindt 85%, water kefir

8.40 3/4 pint cider
                        Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

What do you see that makes you suspect veg oils? I know I let them sneak in a lot, like in delicious olives from a bar, but I also know they affect me ... and really have trouble pinpointing exactly what they do to me. Like one day, I had terrible bloating and grumpiness, and the only food I'd had in days that wasn't 100% primal was storebought mayonnaise. But it doesn't seem a very oil-y symptom, and has never happened any other time I had mayo like that.

It's such detective work, isn't it?? I'm trying to figure out just what it is that veg oils do - I know it'snot good.

Comment

I don't know if I had any symptoms, just that it looked like veg oil at the bottom of the tub. I did have awful heartburn yesterday afternoon and evening though, but it could be a coincidence.

I also think anything store bought/ pre prepared could be gluten contaminated, unless it's an officially gluten free product.

7.45 4 eggs scrambled with butter, kale and broc

11.30 few nuts before work

1.15 steak, onion, red cabbage, mushrooms, beef dripping, balsamic, 2 sq lindt 90%

5.30 carrot

6.15 4 grain free sausages, red cabbage, carrots, leeks, water kefir

7.30 yoga

8.30 nuts and glass of red wine

I have hot, swollen hands and feet again. I suspect the kefir unfortunately, as it's the only thing I've changed. Will go without tomorrow and do everything else the same and see what happens.
                            Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-12-2011, 02:20 PM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

Oh, you're right - the heartburn. Usually it's bad fats that do that for me; I forgot. Sometimes it's grains.

Comment

Hmm well that was the second night in a row of having hot feeling, puffy hands and feet. It's horrible because it causes restless legs and I can't sleep. I hate that fidgety, itchy feeling. My face, hands and feet are still slightly puffy this morning. I also had stomach ache and that still feels tender. I haven't had this since I went off gluten. Sugar can contribute so I thought maybe the too sugary kefir but then I've drunk coke or eaten a whole big bar of milk chocolate and it hasn't happened if I am gluten free. So I am stumped. Unless kefir really is magical and is causing some toxins to be released in my gut or something.

I can't remember whether I posted that I rearranged the kitchen. I already had it organised so my stuff was separate from the gluten stuff, but now everything I don't eat is separate from my stuff. I have my own sections in the cupboard so I don't have to move jars of jam to get to my herbal teats etc. I also reorganised the food storage in the utility room, all the grain stuff is in a trunk and there is a drawer for the other stuff I don't eat. I just think it's nicer that way.

7.45 3 sausages, 1 carrot, 1 apple

1. 30 (yay made it through from breakfast!) liver cooked in butter with a bit of sea salt, leftover veg, 2 sq lindt 90%

5.45 bolognaise with beef mince, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, dried herbs, nutmeg, carrot, water kefir

I am focussing on getting the basics back in place now I am steady with my food, the things I know I need to feel well and on top of things- exercise, sleep, a little bit of yoga and some meditation most days. So I will report on those here as well.
                                Last edited by Horsewoman; 01-14-2011, 01:25 AM.

Harold Whitman

Comment

Working...
                                X