No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: RKi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rofl....i was a pseudo vegetarian in my younger days and it took me a little while to figure out how to cook meat to the desired tastiness. Practice, practice, practice!!!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Comment

Day 12 of 30

Blart. I feel icky. I had three malted milk balls. Yes, three. Still within the 80/20 rule. There are something which just don't fit in that rule. Whoopers, are apparently one of them.

Milk in general isn't doing me any favors. I'm taking that last dive tomorrow, and giving up all milk products too. Grains was hard. Beans was hard too (I'm a chili fan). Milk? Ah. I'll live.

Because in this game--it's all about focusing on what you can eat. I could list it all off, but that would be a very, very long post.

And maybe it's also about finding favorites. That way I could replace all my old favorites with new favorites. I want my fall-back, first-thought, "oh-crap-it's-dinner" plan to automatically be something Primal. Maybe I'll make and freeze some spicy shrimp and chicken soup. Or I'll perfect the art of the omlet.

Then I think maybe I'll tape a list of snacks I should have to the fridge.

Then I'll get my husband to go on the diet with me so he won't bring home any more Whoopers.

And while I'm dreaming, I'll say I'm going to put all the Whoopers onto a great bon-fire and dance around it with my spear. 'Cause I totally have a spear. In my dreams.

Comment

Day 14 of 30.

I missed day 13. I got in late.

IHOP has their pumpkin pancakes back. This is good/bad. Good because I love them. Bad because I love them. This diet is going to teach me the fine art of delayed gratification. I was staring at it and my husband said, "Not yet honey. You cheated yesterday."

"Alright, fine. When then? Because I will have some. This officially counts as a not-so-sensible, but much anticipated vice."

"A week. We'll come back in a week."

And the moment I had a date, I could wait. Who knows? Maybe in a week, I won't feel the urgent need. (Ha! Yeah, right.)

I love fall, and I'm learning to love it without the goodies I've always associated with it. I'm giving up the poisonous maple donuts and pumpkin spice lattes in favor of learning how to eat a real pumpkin, and spicing up that puppy. And who knows, maybe I'll go wild and even pour some natural maple syrup over it. If I'm going to take a ride on the sugar-coaster, I can at least avoid the wheat and milk and seem to do me in.

Adjustments. Adjustments. This will probably go on for years. But it is encouraging because it means that there is always a solution as long as I keep looking for it.

Comment

Day 14.

So hungry. Will gnaw our arm off . . .

Damn! I always get so distracted when I study. I have to remember to eat.

(So . . . hungry . . . apparently confusing appropriate pronouns. . .)
          Last edited by rki; 09-16-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rki View Post

Adjustments. Adjustments. This will probably go on for years. But it is encouraging because it means that there is always a solution as long as I keep looking for it.
            Exactly!
            Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
            Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
            Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

Day 15 of 30.

Alright. I'm doing something wrong. I must be.

I'm a pretty good girl when it comes to staying on diet. I do cheat, but they are small, and not very often. And yet I get totally washed out and tired at about 2:30 pm everyday. That, and I'm hungry. I think I need more fat. I'll have to go through my copy of Blueprint to make sure I'm not screwing up the diet somehow.

My sleep is fine. I'm managing my time and my stress. I may need more fat (in my diet). I think I'll have to try giving up coffee, and my store-bought jerky (MSG, don't cha know), and . . . *sniff* . . . possibly even my soy milk. SOMETHING is not right. Can too much fruit give you the major ups and downs of bread or candy? Is three to four servings of fruit too much?

Bother.

Eh. Maybe I should start adding some real short walks on the days I don't mind it. Not a goal. Not yet. I do only one goal at a time. I'm half way "done" with this goal. But I want to hit day 30 and say that I'm feeling good. Not muddling along. Maybe some light exercise will help with the fatigue. At least I can breathe, and I had a cold that only lasted 6 days. 6! That is a miracle to me.

Just keep workin' it. This is good for you. Patience.

Comment

Yes, fruit can do you in. The Primal chocolate cake I made with bananas raised my blood sugar enough that I could really feel it. Since I'm trying to lose fat, I go easy on the fruit, maybe once a month. Stick to berries, much lower impact

Comment

Day 17 of 30

I am still here. I just hit a hard point in my class, and now I have about three minutes each day to not be studying, and I use those to go to the bathroom. I'll be back.

Comment

Day 19 of 30.

Right! I think I've got the problem figured out. I'm pretty sure I'm eating a little bit too much fruit, and nowhere near enough fat. Must. Eat. Fat.

I can add some Omega 3 pills without any trouble. I'll have to get out of the habit of eating my veggies raw, and take the opportunity to slather it with butter, nut-butters, or olive oil. And when all else fails I'll add some serious coconut oil to a protein-smoothie. I may also have to try some olives and fish canned in oil.

Eepp. That's a lot of fat. I really hope this doesn't totally give me gurgle stomach.

Speaking of which, it is lunch time. Time for some fat.

Comment

Go easy on with the coconut oil at first! I've tried the oil in smoothies, but prefer the coconut milk. I do like to cook my eggs in either coconut oil, butter, or olive oil. Depends on my mood. All three are good. As much as I love fruit, I can't lose weight eating much of it. Berries are definitely a better choice! I just got me some more olives and tinned fish. Tinned fish I don't care for, but have been making myself eat it.
                      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

Originally posted by Just4ME View Post
                        I just got me some more olives and tinned fish. Tinned fish I don't care for, but have been making myself eat it.
                        This seem to be the terrible plight of the diet. Sure. Yeah. Giving up stuff? Whatever. But ADDING stuff? That's the hard part for me. For instance. I'm really hoping I learn to like beef at some point in my life. That would be helpful.

Comment

Day 20 of 30

I had some "perfect scrambled eggs" this morning (sans cream), over baby-spinach drizzled with olive oil. If that isn't enough fat for breakfast, I don't know what is--eating a spoon-full of bacon grease?

I had yet another shut down yesterday and 4:03 pm. I need energy. I'm prowling around the website trying to get a fix on what I'm doing wrong, and I stumbled across the idea that I might not be eating enough.

Sorry. I get wigged out even as I write that. Years of training to eat less, and less, and . . . well, you know.

Not enough food?

But it's a possibility. I'm no pixie, and for years I've been trying the "eat-less, move-more" slowing paring down my portions until they looked piteously up at me from my plate--just a small bit of bread and pasta.

Ah, the irony.

And since I know how well that's been working for me I'm trying a new route. One that doesn't involve bread and pasta. But since bread and pasta is pure energy, it kept me surface-level going. Now I may have to up protein and fat to try and keep me going while my body starts burning off some of the "stored energy" . . . which is now how I like to refer to my less-than-buff portions.

Larger portions of delicious food. Dieting is hell sometimes, isn't it?

Comment

Diet is a dirty word!!! *rofl* Watch your language!!!

I'm also having an issue with eating enough. I have two meals a day which is about 1000-1200 calories, which actually may be enough since I have as much fat as I do, but I'm still working on getting myself off my ass and exercising.

Have you tried out fitday? It's not totally accurate, but it gives you a good idea of what you're eating, calories, fat, carb, protein, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by isaboblue View Post
                              Diet is a dirty word!!! *rofl* Watch your language!!!
                              I know! I know. I'm working on cleaning up my language. Maybe I'll go wash my mouth out with a doughnut . . . I mean . . . uh. . . carrot.

Haven't tried out fitday. I'll check it out. Thanks for the hint!

Comment

Maybe I'll go wash my mouth out with a doughnut . . . I mean . . . uh. . . carrot.

ROFL, HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

I'll give you the bugs bunny cheer to help you eat your carrots:

Comment

Working...
                                X