Primal Journal (CrzyDJM)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal (CrzyDJM)

Ok, here we go...I've "flirted" with the PB for the last couple months with a week here and a week there...I guess I needed the 30-Day Challenge to really get my head in the game...I'll post a couple "before" pics taken about 20 minutes ago and let's get this ball rolling...

I'm doing this 30-Day Challenge with my wife Marcia (from now on probably referred to as either The Wif or "M") but she doesn't want her before pics posted on the internet
    Meet up with me at either @crzydjm or Facebook

My Primal Journal

Just weighed in at 200lbs (week and a half of vacation and not caring AT ALL what went in my mouth resulted in that PLUS we just had a last big "hurrah" dinner at My Big Fat Greek restaurant)...

Honesty is the best policy right?

My Primal Journal

Comment

Yes it is! Best wishes to you both!
      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

@Just4Me - Thanks!

Today's weigh-in was 198.8lbs

Thinking coffee for breakfast (sweetened with a tblsp of honey ok?) and taking pumpkin seeds with me to work as well

My Primal Journal

Comment

[QUOTE=crzydjm;196989Thinking coffee for breakfast (sweetened with a tblsp of honey ok?)[/QUOTE]

I say it's okay!
          Good luck on your challenges!
          sigpic

Comment

Just did the WOW that Mark listed a few days back (1 pullup, 2 pushups, 3 squats - as many in 20mins that you can)

I got 48 cycles thru...

Lunch was at Fudd Rucker's (got invited by coworkers); had a 1/2lb prime burger wrapped in iceberg lettuce, topped with tomatoes, jalapenoes and dill pickles

Dinner is going to be all-turkey nitrate-free hot dogs from Trader Joe's...not sure about the side

ALSO not sure how faithful I will be to this journal but I'll try even if noone is reading it

My Primal Journal

Comment

Day 2 is going well; had a cup of coffee with a splash of hazelnut syrup (the only syrup w/o HFCS in it) and an Apple Pie Larabar, then intermittent fast til dinner (although I think I'm going to grab a coconut water from the fridge in a sec here before my kid's soccer practice)

Dinner tonight (tentatively) will be omelets, almond-meal pancakes and BACON...

My Primal Journal

Comment

Way to go! Keep it up!
                sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

@tawfunguy - Thanks!

Day 3 is starting out good with an early morning weigh-in of 194.6lbs...There will be a pizza party at work today so I'll probably be skipping lunch and enjoying some carne asada dinner with The Wif and The Boy tonight...

My Primal Journal

Comment

You are most welcome. Is there anyway you can get some primal food before the pizza party? I know it will be hard with all of that pizza to be around but keep your head up! Hopefully you can find some good grub while they eat that stuff!
                    sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
                      You are most welcome. Is there anyway you can get some primal food before the pizza party? I know it will be hard with all of that pizza to be around but keep your head up! Hopefully you can find some good grub while they eat that stuff!
                      I'm just skipping it all, and doing dinner with The Wif tonight at our fav local mexican restaurant...I've been getting the carne asada burrito lately with no cheese on it....tonight may do something else; I dunno...the tortilla is most definitely NOT primal, but in the overall scheme of the meal if that's the only non-primal part I'd be doing ok I think

My Primal Journal

Comment

Less than a week and I'm down 5.2lbs so far...My wife is down 5'ish as well...WOOT WOOT MF'ing WOOT

My Primal Journal

Comment

Lunch at Texas Roadhouse today;

8oz sirloin, rare
                          sweet potato with cinnamon butter on it
                          green beans
                          water

Felt good after the meal (usually get the rattlesnake bites and feel nauseous even though they taste great)

My Primal Journal

Comment

So I did "cheat" today with a couple small gluten-free donuts...They were GOOD and I've gotten my jones addressed

Back on midshift tonight after a couple weeks away from it; i've got a ziploc bag of cashews,pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds that I tossed a bit of cocoa into...Tastes pretty good and should make a good snack during work tonight

Also had to brew some coffee to fill my 20oz thermos; sweetened with a tblspn of honey and will space it out over the shift (hardest part is 3:30-4:30'ish for me if I'm not actively doing something)

My Primal Journal

Comment

Weighed in today (after waking up from midshift) at 192lbs...down 6lbs in less than a week and the "official" kickoff to the 30-days isn't even here yet...niiiiiiiiccceee....

Filled up my 17oz thermos (thought it was 20oz last night) on last night's shift and was tweaking off the coffee since I hadn't had any in about a week or so...

Tonight, I only filled it up 3/4 of the way or so because I really DO need something to keep me awake on mids but thought I might try to take it down a notch...

Dinner tonight was lamb patties (YUM), homemade tzatziki sauce, and some "meh" zuchinni chips (next time I'll make them better)

My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X