No announcement yet.

The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quickie tonight (ooh-err missus) before bed (you may insert a second 'ooh-err' here should you so wish): the best supper after a hardcore two hour TKD training session is, without doubt, a chopped up and slightly over-ripe banana in a bowl of full-fat extra thick double cream. Ohmigodyes.

P.S. I believe double cream is heavy cream for US folk.
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

Allow me to tell you a little story. On a cool and windy Sunday afternoon in South Manchester, England, the local Waitrose store is quiet. Most potential shoppers are at home, preparing roast dinners or recovering from the night before. The milk aisle is deserted save for a lone male shopper, slim and tall, and a mother-daughter pair several metres away. The two ladies, both noticeably overweight, are eyeing up various natural yoghurts.
      'Which one were you after?' asks the mother.
      'Oh, get the fat-free,' replies the daughter.
      'Of course,' her mother says, like she's just been reminded that she needs to keep breathing in order to survive. 'In it goes.' She picks up a pot of fat-free natural yoghurt and drops it into her basket, before walking steadily off toward the tills.
      Neither of them notice the male shopper's odd expression as they pass him in the aisle; it's a mixture of pity and amusement, mostly concerning the women and their probable reactions to what he is about to do. Saying nothing, he surveys the cream section and selects a small pot of double cream, depositing it in his basket along with the half a roast chicken he's just collected from the meat counter. He reaches the till and pays, smiling at the odd look the cashier, also overweight, flashes in his direction as she scans the unusual combination.
      Once outside, the man locates his car, settles into the front seat, opens the pot of cream and drinks it down in three long gulps. The look on his face is enough to tell anyone watching how delicious an experience it is, on several levels, but to his disappointment the two women from the aisle are nowhere to be seen.
      He spares them a final thought - mostly pity now, and without cruelty - then puts the car into gear and drives off home, a plateful of chicken skin foremost in his mind.
      Blog
      sigpic

Comment

Hey, I just realised I've lost a stone so far
        202lbs to 188lbs.
        Wifey Fist is horrified that if I lose another 4lbs I'll be at her starting weight, and there's 12 inches of height difference between us...
        Still she has lost something like 35lbs so far, I don't think I'll be catching her up there somehow!
        Blog
        sigpic

Comment

hahaha I love your story (:
          feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Comment

Originally posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
            hahaha I love your story (:
            Thanks based on a true story, would ya believe it!
            Blog
            sigpic

Comment

Argh, Monday! I woke up this morning still not fully recovered from last week (we had a visiting sixth degree black belt from Yorkshire doing some classes, so I trained much more than was probably wise! But I learned a lot so it was cool). I had a bowl with some natural yoghurt, blueberries and honey mixed up for breakfast - nice - and then some cheese and cashew nuts at work.

At work I was on a round which I used to hate - it's a long cycle ride out to it and it's a heavy round mail-wise, so the bags weigh a ton. Also, I was put on it for several months after suffering an unexpected bereavement a couple of years back (the two are not related) and so it always brings back unpleasant feelings, which made me feel even more tired than the lots-of-cycling-on-crappy-carb-breakfast would have done alone. Luckily, although I still experience the feeling flashback to a degree, the greater energy I have from eating Primal does help to keep my mood relatively buoyant, along with helping me keep the cycling going. One example of an old-style breakfast, all shop bought - deep fill all-day breakfast sandwich on white bread, a Mars milk drink, and up to three chocolate bars (!).

Did a lot of training this afternoon (after lunch of tuna in olive oil), I maybe should have rested another day but I've got my black belt test in a couple of months and I'd already let my 531 workout slide for a day. I did about an hour of technical TKD stuff then headed into the man-cave to do some bag work and breaking practice before doing squats and benching.

Wifey Fist brought some 85% dark chocolate back from work with her so I had a little of that then I believe it's pork chops and roasted veg (parsnips and carrots) for dinner. It's good to have your partner on board!

P.S. Psycho crusher!
              Last edited by Primal Fist; 09-06-2010, 10:56 AM.
              Blog
              sigpic

Comment

Busy week and weekend, so haven't had much to say for myself! Exercise has gone out of the window this week, due to starting school (first teaching job) but my eating has been very good. Hoping that given another few days I'll find the energy to go for a run or do some boxing

sigpic

Comment

Had Queen Sheba's (the MDA forumite, we weren't time-travelling) pancake-recipe-pancakes, or PRP if you will, last night. Very nice indeed, especially with cream - isn't everything? Peruse below:

P.S. Wifey Fist's thumbs not part of recipe.
                  Last edited by Primal Fist; 09-07-2010, 06:20 AM.
                  Blog
                  sigpic

Comment

well done!! They look ACE!
                    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

They were delicious! Thank you so much for the recipe. They were also delicious cold the next day

sigpic

Comment

Especially when pulled apart and dropped into cream.
                        Blog
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah i usually make them the night before and take them into work to have at my desk with greek yoghurt and strawberries!

so versatile!!
                          Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                          **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

The pancakes look delicious. I will have to hunt down the recipe. Congrats to you both on the weight loss. Loved the Jujimufu video, thanks.

Comment

Thanks!
                              Here's the link to the recipe.
                              Blog
                              sigpic

Comment

Wifey Fist is furious because we're going out for a meal and none of her favourite 'fat clothes' fit her anymore... it's a hard life losing weight!
                                Blog
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X