Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post soundtrack
    (FMA forever!!!)

Just managed to get my video editing software working at last, so might be sticking up a few more videos in the future.

Activity wise, had a long and very slippy day at work and I'm off tomorrow so I'm combining the squats (meant to be today) with the press workout tomorrow. Did three sets of six chins though, which is feeling easier - will up it to seven at the weekend. Allegedly the weather is meant to be warming up for Friday, so with a bit of luck this infernal ice (I know, I know) will be gone when I head in to work that morning.

In other news I appear to have further leaned out around that area which, as far as I know, is unnamed: the space between your stomach and your 'man-bits'. Had those lines that apparently ladies are generally keen on (?) for a while, but there's definitely extra definition now.

What's that? Clutching at straws? No, it's a triumph I tell you!! *sigh*
    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

• As a first showing of the video stuff I've been fiddling with, enjoy an old clip of Betty that I found while I was rooting around for an activation code earlier.

Blog
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
        In other news I appear to have further leaned out around that area which, as far as I know, is unnamed: the space between your stomach and your 'man-bits'. Had those lines that apparently ladies are generally keen on (?) for a while, but there's definitely extra definition now.
        That'd be the iliac curves on either side, according to my art history classes. Yah, a lot of women dig that and so did the Greeks in their sculpture: http://employees.oneonta.edu/farbera...doryphoros.jpg

Oh and congratulations on having them.

But it sounds like you mean in the middle -- where guys usually have that fuzzy stripe? "happy trail" is the closest I've heard for an official name for that on guys. On women I've heard the charming name "gunt" applied...
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Iliac curves, is it? Funky name. And yes, that's what I was referring to.

'Gunt' is, uh... well, charming.
          Blog
          sigpic

Comment

• Gunt. not very romantic, is it?

I've heard, for both sexes, snail trail.

Comment

• I've always heard 'treasure trail'! (I like mine best. Gunt and snail trail are sooooo unsexy!)

Oh yeah, and +1 on the iliac crest!
              ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

• Originally posted by jazmin View Post
                I've always heard 'treasure trail'! (I like mine best. Gunt and snail trail are sooooo unsexy!)

Oh yeah, and +1 on the iliac crest!
                Oooh - I like treasure trail best too!

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                  So.. yer a long, lean, witty Englishman w/ the strength & poise of a gymnast, an affinity for dog-snogs and good taste in glampop muzik. You are a Teen Bone dude fantasy come to life. Right down to yer actual name. Sheesh!

What program are you using, Mr. Explosions?
                  What can I say, I fell out of the ugly tree but was rescued mid-plunge by the winged maiden of good looks and intelligence. And self-delusion, but she doesn't like to talk about that. (and I use Cyberlink PowerDirector)

post soundtrack (had to be, after that comment!)

Workout:
                  Squats@77kg/170lb x5 x3
                  Press@43kg/95lb x5 x3
                  Chin ups x7 x3

Woohoo, seven chins! I get fatter by the day. The last set was ROUGH. The pressing, however, felt relatively easy, despite my expectations to the contrary. I've also been doing some balancing work throughout the day, but nothing else - no TKD training on squats days. That's my warped idea of a rest day.

In food-related news, I finally found a way to effectively chop an onion (okay, so it's not exactly headline news). It is here. This is great for me because my fingertips will no longer be in mortal danger.
                  Last edited by Primal Fist; 12-10-2010, 10:08 AM.
                  Blog
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
                    Iliac curves, is it? Funky name.
                    Yah, it's because the upper front ridge of the pelvis on either side is the iliac crest. (Or perhaps so-named because of the iliac curves!) Hmm, lemme look it up...

Heh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo%27s_belt ... "Cum Gutter??" That's almost as bad as "gunt!"

Dictionary says it's Latin for that bit of your anatomy. Gee thanks, Dictionary.
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I finally figured out how to keep my videos widescreen, as they're supposed to be, so I'm redoing that video - adding some muzak as well. It's got to be just right, you know! Anyhow, fairly usual day otherwise, normal Primal foods - tuna, olive oil, salad, walnut oil.... I won't mention the fact that we're having curry for a weekend treat. Oh, damn.

I'm partially 'earning' mine, fallacy though that is, by spending an hour at the house of a friend who has recently taken up the fine art of Taekwon-Do. It's his first grading exam tomorrow (as a little white belt - ah, but they grow up so fast...) so I'm going over to brush up his techniques and generally advise him before the day. I'll get some training done myself while I'm there.

Anyway, here's that video (now removed from the previous post) as it should have been done the first time.
                      Blog
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nice vid. You need better lighting in your closet, heh! I am amused by the professional logo and that "done" clap which happens to be in time with the music.

Hmm, tuna salad. *vanishes to go nom some*

Comment

• Brilliant, I didn't realise the clap was in time! That's awesome.
                          Blog
                          sigpic

Comment

• post soundtrack

Workout:
                            Squats @ 80kg / 176lb x5 x3
                            Bench @ 64kg / 141lb x5 x3

Ack. That last bench set, particularly the last rep, was a close run thing! Squats felt strong though. Now I've just got to finish off breaking in my lifting belt and I'll feel a bit more secure with them as well, in spinal terms. Now I'm breaking my fast with a post-workout meal of: two egg muffins (homemade and primal), four sausages, lots of bacon, extra-well-fried chopped tomatoes (so that the juice goes all sticky) and four hefty mushrooms. It's good having a primal (and kind!) Wifey Fist
                            Last edited by Primal Fist; 12-11-2010, 08:00 AM.
                            Blog
                            sigpic

Comment

• An article on simplicity. Recommended for all those of a mind similar to my own; if you read it and think 'that makes an awful lot of sense' then count yourself amongst them.

Workout:
                              Deadlift @ 135kg / 298lb x5

That was epic. And very rough. I recorded it, but it was so ugly that I couldn't bear to keep it. I might have to abandon pride and drop down to 130kg again for next week, with better form.
                              Last edited by Primal Fist; 12-12-2010, 11:49 AM.
                              Blog
                              sigpic

Comment

• I'm having something of a 'getting my life in order' time right now. I've been largely drifting for a while, in some aspects, and not keeping a good enough eye on how I've been spending* my time. Hence, the 'getting in order'.
                                The main thrust of this is a move towards simplification and decluttering, both physical and figurative. On the physical side, I'm starting to gather things (and 'things' is the correct word) that are just sitting in the house somewhere, taking up time and space but not enriching our lives in any way. For example, our vast collection of DVDs that we never watch, or my collection of clothes of which I only wear half. At best.
                                Another aspect of this process is a hefty re-budgeting, to remove another cause of worry from my mind and allow us to have more actual experiences and less inert possessions.
                                Also, one very important thing that I'm doing is taking stock of how I use my time during the day. Recently, much of it (far too much of it) has been absorbed by that colossal time-sponge that we call the internet. I'm aware of the irony of mentioning this while typing on an internet forum, but I consider this journal to be a valuable tool in the self-discovery process - not to mention fun - and it's not this specifically that I'm referring to. So ner.
                                I used to write on a regular basis, and if you believe everyone has a 'vocation' of sorts that they are best suited for, writing would be mine. I stopped for a good while, for reasons that I suspect will come under 'don't really give a shit' for most people and so I will not bore anyone with them here. Either way, I'm getting back in the proverbial saddle. I'm also keeping up with my martial art training, naturally; I discovered, after some mental excavation, that writing and improving myself physically and mentally are the only things I really care two hoots about, with regard to myself. Cutting down all the wastage of time will allow me to do these things.

So, the practical part of this, in relation to this journal, is that I'll use it to keep tabs on the time I'm spending on writing and training. A pretty small thing for such a long post, but I'm partially writing this to sort things out in my own head as well, so forgive me my waffling. Now for the funny part; I've been feeling decidedly off-colour since Saturday night, when we dined out with friends and ended up standing outside in the cold discussing cats (cats! I ask you) for longer than was probably wise. So on the day I put up this post involving more training, I haven't done very much!

Writing time: 1 hour
                                TKD time: 20 minutes (!)

*If I were speaking, this word would be emphasised much like the word 'my' in the sentence 'I know they're twins, but believe me - this is my wife.'
                                Blog
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X