The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr. fist, you are a funny man. shaking my head
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

• Well the breath will certainly be nicer after eating those cloves too funny
      My Journal

Comment

• You guys have naruto as your signature. awesome O_O
        "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGrappler View Post
          You guys have naruto as your signature. awesome O_O
          You noticed. This is also awesome

Now I'm off to work in the cold/dark/rain, cycling in up a big hill. Is it possible to live like Grok before you've retired?
          *deep sigh* At least I won't have any intestinal parasites for a while.
          Blog
          sigpic

Comment

• Well, it's official - cloves do precisely bugger all when it comes to healing a cold/sore throat. I feel bad like William Shatner when they gave the big speech at the end of the new movie to Nimoy. Bad like a movie continuity geek when they went back in time for Bond but kept M the same age. Bad like I feel whenever someone pronounces Ryu's name as 'Rye-ooh'. This, my friends, is the true and terrible nature of the man-flu. I actually took a photo of my face when I got up for work this morning, I looked so bad.

I must admit, I had kinda been hoping that the good ole' PB would somehow immunise me against all germs and such microscopic beasties, so I'm a little disappointed. I suppose the other way of looking at it is that if I'd still been eating porridge and bread etc, perhaps I'd have been feeling much worse. Sadly we do not have the means to peek into any parallel universes that may exist, but thanks to my all-powerful mind I have been able to solve the problem using logical reasoning. Firstly, I am clearly the best and most superb example of myself in all possible universes. Therefore, any other versions of me would only be worse off than myself, in every aspect of life. This applies to their comparatively feeble and inferior immune systems as well, which naturally means that their man-flu would be worse than mine, leading us inexorably to the conclusion that my divine perfection has somewhat negated the ultimate harshness of the disease. Oh yes, and the PB helped a bit too.
            Blog
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
              I must admit, I had kinda been hoping that the good ole' PB would somehow immunise me against all germs and such microscopic beasties, so I'm a little disappointed.
              I share this. I was very bummed when I got sick lat week. I was hoping to make it a year with no illness since starting PB
              (feb10) But now that Im recovering I feel refocused and like I will be back stronger than before. Maybe the immune system needed a test drive to get it to that invincible place we want to be. Keep your head up, eat lots of good primal food and get lots of rest.

Cheers
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
                Well, it's official - cloves do precisely bugger all when it comes to healing a cold/sore throat. I feel bad like William Shatner when they gave the big speech at the end of the new movie to Nimoy. Bad like a movie continuity geek when they went back in time for Bond but kept M the same age. Bad like I feel whenever someone pronounces Ryu's name as 'Rye-ooh'. This, my friends, is the true and terrible nature of the man-flu. I actually took a photo of my face when I got up for work this morning, I looked so bad.

I must admit, I had kinda been hoping that the good ole' PB would somehow immunise me against all germs and such microscopic beasties, so I'm a little disappointed. I suppose the other way of looking at it is that if I'd still been eating porridge and bread etc, perhaps I'd have been feeling much worse. Sadly we do not have the means to peek into any parallel universes that may exist, but thanks to my all-powerful mind I have been able to solve the problem using logical reasoning. Firstly, I am clearly the best and most superb example of myself in all possible universes. Therefore, any other versions of me would only be worse off than myself, in every aspect of life. This applies to their comparatively feeble and inferior immune systems as well, which naturally means that their man-flu would be worse than mine, leading us inexorably to the conclusion that my divine perfection has somewhat negated the ultimate harshness of the disease. Oh yes, and the PB helped a bit too.
                Parallels matter not a jot

wherever you are ----- Snot is Snot
                sigpic

Comment

• I love manflu - it's like the end of the world is nigh....just reminds us lovely women how strong, adaptable and fearsome we are

: - )
                  Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                  **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                    I share this. I was very bummed when I got sick lat week. I was hoping to make it a year with no illness since starting PB
                    (feb10) But now that Im recovering I feel refocused and like I will be back stronger than before. Maybe the immune system needed a test drive to get it to that invincible place we want to be. Keep your head up, eat lots of good primal food and get lots of rest.

Cheers
                    That's the plan... got Wifey F cooking some veggies with leftover beef as I type. Missing training tonight sadly, but recovery must come first.
                    Originally posted by megalodon View Post
                    Parallels matter not a jot

wherever you are ----- Snot is Snot
                    I can always rely on you for sensible input
                    Originally posted by queen_sheba View Post
                    I love manflu - it's like the end of the world is nigh....just reminds us lovely women how we offload all of our germs onto the men so they feel worse than we do

: - )
                    Fixed that for you.
                    Blog
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Fist View Post
                      Ha!

I really did laugh for a long time I'm not sure of the healing properties of cloves, but they certainly make everything taste like mulled wine. A bowl full of tuna with cloves sounds particularly nasty, although Mr Fist claims that it actually tasted just like garlic.

The thing that made me giggle the most was that he was looking for the garlic press. To crush cloves. Thankfully he didn't find it....

I like the fact that I have a 'slight cold' in Mr F's opinion - it's amazing how my illness always pales in comparison to his superbugs!

On a positive note, I played a trumpet today. I wasn't too bad.
                      Thanks for the laughs, I love reading your Journals

Trumpet? Do tell...
                      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse
                      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• If yesterday was sore-throat-day, today is sore-nose-day, big style. Ouch ouch ouch. But even this terrible turn of events must take second stage today.

I have some truly horrible news to impart.

No, really.

My grey hairs are multiplying.

I know, right? I'm not even thirty!!!! What is up with this? I think there's about eight grey hairs on each side of my head, by my temples. Clearly I am close to death. While sad, this realisation has given me a profound sense of proportion in life - or at least what remains of it. You never know when that hot, juicy steak will be your last. One day you notice that innocent-looking strand of grey - is it just the light? Two minutes later you're dead. Bang. Just like that. I only hope I have the time to complete this post, and pass on the universal truths that my new eyes have given me; these eyes that now slowly begin to close, dimming with the twilight of my all too brief life. I am not near any reflective surfaces. More grey could be appearing at any moment. I must be swift.

TRUTHS
                        1. Jamie Oliver is a loser.
                        2. France is a country with many downsides, but they did invent the croissant and crepe.
                        3. There is no need to remake the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo films, they were perfectly good in Swedish.
                        4. Anime writers need to stop thinking that their filler episodes are up to the standard of the original manga. I'm looking at you, Bleach.
                        5. The theory of evolution. First, 'theory' is used only in the scientific sense of hating to finalise anything just in case new evidence ever comes to light, but it is not a theory. It is a fact. Second, no, the fact that apes still exist does NOT undermine evolution, evolutionary theory states that humanity and the creatures we know as apes have a common ancestor, from whom we both evolved. And really, do you think that if something so simple could blow evolution out of the water, nobody would have noticed? You really think you're more intelligent than Darwin and every post-Darwinian biologist? Give me a break.
                        6. Dogs rule.

Hmmm. Not dead yet. Maybe I have enough time to run for hair dye and save myself at the last moment....
                        Blog
                        sigpic

Comment

• hmmm

have to dispute you on that one;

. France is a country with many downsides, but they did invent the croissant and crepe.
                          Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                          **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

• You can't see me. I am ninja.
                            Blog
                            sigpic

Comment

• Ah, the trumpet.... I found out that I can make a really loud sound using one, although it wasn't as easy as I thought. My class are part of a wider opportunities music class where they get to try out brass, woodwind and percussion instruments to play for the year, leading up to a concert at the end. It been a lot of fun Think I'll try and have a go on the saxophone next week - that's be fun!

Sadly cloves have not helped Mr Fist's cold, and he is feeling quite sorry for himself. To boost his immune systems I made sprouts. Actually, was rather impressed with stir fried sprouts, leeks, carrots and bacon - was delicious, especially with sausages.

Made a big batch of pancakes last night, and having them for breakfast the next few days. Off for a course tomorrow which is providing lunch, so not sure what to expect. Is at a nice hotel though, so hopefully some soup or meat of some sort to keep me going (I'll make sure I have an emergency ration of nuts and a banana hidden in my bag). Then out for tea for a friend's bday - all cheats at one this week! Going for thai

Found a great site last night that someone on here had linked: thisprimallife.com. Lots of great recipes that I'm looking forward to making. Especially the dessert ones - there's a lovely orange pound cake recipe.

Betty had her first 'taste of the wild' dinner and loved it, which is a relief given that we have 27kg of the stuff. She seemed impressed that it has bison in it, and burped with her usual enthusiasm after it.
                              Last edited by Mrs Fist; 10-06-2010, 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling brain switched off, apparently :D

sigpic

Comment

• Ah, the hiding ninja stick..... I see how it is! LOL Hope all is well on your end!
                                sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

Working...
                                X