No announcement yet.

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks again everyone! I am hanging in there.... and I am still remaining Primal even when laid up for a day or two! Looking forward to getting back on my feet.... with all the energy I still have it is hard to be sitting.... but I know it is best that I take a day or so to get mended.
    sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• OMG..I'm glad you're ok. Dehydration is certainly nothing to shake a stick at, I've had it myself.

For Whom the Bell Tolls...that's a GREAT idea. I spend a lot of time on my ass working at my computer, and that is an excellent idea for getting some extra activity in my otherwise sedentary day. Sitting in an office chair all day is not a good thing.

ROFL...I will tell my husband we're 'role playing' ....omg, i can't stop laughing...
      "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Comment

• You are amazing-I am sorry for your hospital visit! That is scary!

The for whom the bell tolls thing is cool--I am interested very interested!

Still a bit bummed you got sick-and sorry i had no idea...

<3 Much love from your lil panda!
        Manda
        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Wow.
          Just.
          Wow.

I'm so glad you are back home and OK.
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Glad you're okay and wifey is taking care of you! Now YOU take care of you, Friend!
            Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
            Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
            Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Hang in there.

twoidhd

Comment

• You Groks and Grokettes are surely amazing and ever supportive friends and I can't thank you enough.
                sigpic

Comment

• Good for you for keeping that water going! It really is very important, but easy to overlook. Glad you're on the mend.

I also love your "Bell Tolls" idea. I recently read about a long-term study of people with sedentary jobs/habits, and not surprisingly those who didn't move around had a poorer life expectancy rate. But get this--even the people who exercised once during the day (running, the gym, etc.) and then sat essentially still at their desks for the rest of the time had a poor rate, too. Sorry, I can't remember any of the percentages but they were eye-opening.

I'm a desk jockey myself in an work environment that doesn't exactly lend itself to jump rope every hour on the hour, but what I've started doing instead is just quickly standing up/sitting down about 10-15 times once an hour or so. (My co-workers must think I'm having some serious issues making up my mind whether to go over to the snack table for a donut!) Your post reminded me that I can add a chime feature to my computer to actually have a nice bell ring go off every hour--I'll be thinking of you doing your exercising at the same time I'm freaking out my corporate cubicle mates!

Comment

• I am stoked that many of my fellow tribespeople like that idea! Although I will be taking it easy tomorrow, I will be giving "Bell Tolls" a go.... from the time I get up til the time I go to bed. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I too have a feature on my computer as well as my phone which I can set an alarm to ring every hour to remind me to either move, sprint, move slowly, move something heavy or just do something of exercise. Again, can you imagine the possible results after say a week or two? Hhhmmmmm We might need to try a study and see what it yields.
                    sigpic

Comment

• G'night everyone!
                      sigpic

Comment

• 'Mornin everyone. Happy Friday! Hope it is a great day for everyone!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Have a good friday taw!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Get better Mister! I hope your legs are feeling better, my nephew went through the same thing, not understanding that energy drinks will not keep you hydrated (his Master Chief supplied him, UGH!), he was laid out for a week, he truly appreciates the water now. I hope your expeirment goes well, and you have a Grokstar weekend!

Comment

• This is a great story! Sorry to hear of your recent medical event. I look forward to your future success.

Comment

• Glad you're ok tfg!
                                Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Working...
                                X