No announcement yet.

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking I might go out and buy a couple sledgehammers for working out..... lol I figure swinging those around will help with my arms and my obliques.... I am looking forward though to the "belly" to get smaller! LOL
    Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM.
    sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• "For Whom The Bell Tolls"........ the next video log entry will be going up shortly explaining a new goal...... stay tuned!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
        Thinking I might go out and buy a couple sledgehammers for working out..... lol I figure swinging those around will help with my arms and my obliques.... I am looking forward though to the "belly" to get smaller! LOL
        I've been doing shovelglove since I can't walk due to back problems. I can tell that it really is helping with developing upper body muscles, mainly arms. Try it, you'll like it and it is pretty easy to boot.

Comment

• Sounds like a great idea! Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
              My original sleep study that was a couple months ago or so showed that I was at 61% efficiency..... after going Primal, after losing the excess fat, exercise, working on breathing properly and getting a new sleep study done recently.... guess what? My efficiency went up from 62% efficiency up to 94% Woot.
              YES!!!

You must be dancing on the moon!
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey there gang!

I hope all is well on your end..... sorry I did not post much up last night or today but I had a lot going on. I learned the importance of hydration.... a very hard lesson.

This past week and weekend as you know, I was in the desert doing one of my events. Now, while out there in the desert heat which was very try, I drank a ton of water or so I thought. I was drinking roughly a bottle of water every hour to hour and a half. Again, I thought I was staying hydrated, however, that was not the case. When we got home from the event, again, I thought I was staying hydrated enough not realizing my body was still in a state of dehydration.

Yesterday, while out on a walk to go buy a sledgehammer (as I mentioned in another one of my posts), I started sweating as if I had jumped in a pool, got very short of breath, cramps, shaking and it felt like I was being socked in the chest....... I went down. After a few moments, I contacted the wifey and told her what was happening that I needed her to pick me up (we only live maybe 5 blocks from the hardware store)... which she did. We went back home and I rested for a few minutes.

A few minutes or so later, again I felt like I did on my walk..... needless to say we needed to call 911 and I was taken by ambulance to the ER at our near by hospital. They first jammed me with IV's, blood draws, continually did my states, chest xray, and even a CT scan. When the results of the blood work and other stuff cam back, they determined that I was severely dehydrated. Despite all the water in take I did during the desert event, it wasn't enough and by body could not keep up and finally just down.

I didn't want anyone to know or worry so I kept it close to the chest. Even when I got text messages last night, I responded what I could being hooked to all the machines and lines. Was there in the ER until around 4am this morning.....exhausted, hungry and stuck with a bunch of holes (9 to be exact) and was done.... they finally released me..... boy was that an adventure. I could barely walk as it felt someone hit my quads with a crowbar.

When we got home I went to bed but not before drinking a ton of water. This morning though, OMG, my quads felt and still do that someone has taken a ball peen hammer and just went to town on my quads. They hurt as if I did 2000 full squats. However, doc says that will go away as my body rehydrates and gets back to normal.

So, here I am, sprawled out on my recliner, drinking water, water and more water still, legs screaming..... but it will be ok as I am sure this will pass soon. I even grabbed my work out bands and hooked them to my recliner so I could do curls, presses and tricep presses..... LOL Finding the positive in all situations.

But I can not stress enough to all of you..... I know we are all on different parts of the globe and we may only know each other though these journals and forum..... but I truly care about each and every one of you as my fell Primal friends.... but please, take it from someone that just learned in a a very painful way...... DRINK WATER.... lots of it! Stay hydrated. If you THINK you have drank enough water, you haven't.... drink some more.

I look forward to posting up some more a little later!
                sigpic

Comment

• Good grief!!! Not good!!! Sending hugs your way ..... and then getting a drink of water myself
                  "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• holy-shit. did they say anything to you about electrolytes at all? (not that i know anything about them, but i hear they're important when you've been active and sweaty.)

Comment

• oh, yeah, until i read post #750 i was going to comment on your for-whom-the-bell-tolls experiment. i did that a couple of times last year, and it was a real ass-kicker. the first time, i did it with jump-rope: i'd jump for two minutes straight, every hour on the hour. after a mere four hours i was really dreading the coming of the next hour. ditto with the 2nd time i tried it, this time every hour i would take a brisk walk to the parking garage around the corner and climb the stairs to the 5th level and back. again, i was really dreading the coming of the next hour. i guess what makes it hard is that there's no warm up at all; one minute you're sitting all nice and cozy in your computer chair, and the next thing you know you're bouncing all over the place. i was really wiped out for the next day after both of these workouts, much more than a person would expect.

so, i gotta ask....were you doing the bell-tolls routine before you had this bad episode?
                      Last edited by dragonmamma; 09-16-2010, 03:05 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Comment

• Wow. I'm glad you got yourself straightened out -- I'm sorry it took so long and was so painful!

Did any of the doctors tell you to get more electrolytes? Basically, make sure you have real sea salt in something -- either a drink or with food. That will help with the loss of water. There's recipes out on the forums for making your own Gatoraide type of drinks. Take care of yourself!
                        If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

• Thanks everyone.

No, I was not doing my For Whom The Bell Tolls..... I was actually just walking to the hardware store. The electrolytes were not low that I could tell because they did not bring it up. All they said is I suffered from severe dehydration which stemmed from last week and weekend and that despite the amount of water I was drinking (thinking it was enough) it was in fact not enough due to the dry heat of the desert. So, I am just relaxing (since walking hurts too much right now) and drinking plenty of water. At least I can work on my arms while I sit here LOL

Thanks for all the kind wishes!
                          sigpic

Comment

• TFG - Good news on the increase in breathing, and bad news on the dehydration. Hope you are feeling better soon.
                            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!" - You bet, I stole it!

Date: 9/14/11
                            Current Weight: 151.2
                            Inches: 360.25
                            Body Fat %: 32.7

Comment

• Yikes! I'm glad you're okay. Sounds like a scary situation. I hope your legs feel better soon.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Take care! Sounds like a scary lesson. Glad you are getting better. HUGS!
                                Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
                                http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
                                Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X