COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by twoidhd View Post
    Weight is NOT the issue when it comes to sleep apnea, it is how your throat is built.
    I have to say that after I lost 90 pounds my sleep efficiency improved from 60% to over 95% efficient. I was taken off CPAP. I never had sleep apnea until I became obese.

So, I would say that for some people it IS a weight issue, and for others it may be a throat issue. But definitely find out before you stop CPAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericfoster3 View Post
      I have to say that after I lost 90 pounds my sleep efficiency improved from 60% to over 95% efficient. I was taken off CPAP. I never had sleep apnea until I became obese.

So, I would say that for some people it IS a weight issue, and for others it may be a throat issue. But definitely find out before you stop CPAP.
      Is that from a sleep study?

Comment

• Originally posted by twoidhd View Post
        Is that from a sleep study?
        Yes. My doctor ordered another sleep study after I had successfully lowered my weight, my BP, and got off my GERD meds. That's how he determined that I also cured my apnea.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericfoster3 View Post
          Yes. My doctor ordered another sleep study after I had successfully lowered my weight, my BP, and got off my GERD meds. That's how he determined that I also cured my apnea.
          Congrats to you. Most people don't get "cured". A follow up sleep study or a data recording machine with the software and know how to read the info is critical. Ignoring or denying this disease will only lead to an early death. My dad never weighed over 170 lbs and OSA was a huge contributor to his congestive heart failure. He always snored and quit breathing in his sleep. He died in '91 at the age of 67. Again, OSA is nothing to fool around with.

Comment

• Whee - your journal is just impossible to catch up with! Just like you!
            Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
              Woooohhhhoooo!!!! Just got my first set of VFFS!!!!! I just got the Black and Orange KSO's!!! Definitely a bit strange but damn are they comfy!! I will post a pick up later this evening!
              I have the Orange and black too, but mine aren't pretty/clean looking anymore.

Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
              Whee - your journal is just impossible to catch up with! Just like you!
              +1
              Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Wow! I come back from my VA appointment and look at all the posts! Awesome! Thanks!

Well, as you know I had another VA appointment this morning..... this one was the original one (appointment) scheduled in order to issue me my CPAP machine after my extensive sleep studies. My original sleep study that was a couple months ago or so showed that I was at 61% efficiency..... after going Primal, after losing the excess fat, exercise, working on breathing properly and getting a new sleep study done recently.... guess what? My efficiency went up from 62% efficiency up to 94% Woot. They gave me the "option" of still getting the machine or opting not to due to the fantastic and drastic change for the better.

So, I took a few moments to think about it. I agree that Obstructed Sleep Apnea is VERY serious, however, I also do believe that positive thinking, focus, determination to educate one's self can result in what many determine as "cures". But, a note of caution.... getting regular check ups, blood work or what have you should be continued so as to make sure you are on track. I continued to ask if I "needed" the CPAP machine now.... I was told... and I quote.... "Um, No.... not really from the looks of your recent results." How friggin' cool is that!? I then followed up by asking, "So, if I WANT it though, I can still have it.... right?" She answered, "Sure, although it is not needed."

I opted to take the machine as more of a "just in case".... why not.... they were going to give it to me any way, right? LOL Dig this.... here is the added bonus which I just found out from a close friend.... if you are prescribed a CPAP machine, you can get a SERIOUS reduction for your electric bill..... do you know why? A CPAP machine is considered (to them) as LIFE SUPPORT!! Holy crap! I thought my friend was full of BS until I contacted my utilities company and sure enough, it is true! It can work out to an almost 50%-60% reduction in your monthly bill!

I know for me, I have been truly blessed at the positive changes I personally have had since being Primal. The loss of fat, the gaining of muscle mass, the toning up, the reversal of my Type II Diabetes, the positive sleep study results and everything else..... all shows that there can be a very bright rainbow at the end of the tunnel.... at least the tunnel I have been for so very long!

Again, I take my life VERY serious and everything revolving around it and within it. I know I still have a long way to go and I am sure there will be obstacles that will present themselves along the way.... HOWEVER..... those obstacles will not be gone around but will be met head on as THIS juggernaut can not and will not be stopped!

Thanks again everyone!
                sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Ya know.... I think another vid is in order! hahaha
                  sigpic

Comment

• Yay!!! Reduction on electric....you just keep winnin the lotto don't you??

BTW.....the POP costume sets my heart aflutter!!! *sigh* If only I could convince my husband to wear it, oh! he'd be trouble!! ahahahaha
                    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Comment

• Hahaha I think I just found a machine that is stuck on WIN hahahahaha Again, I know there is a lot of work to be done to get to my ideal weight and shape..... things are now in that steady reprogramming stage. It is hard for me to notice a lot of changes within myself like I did when I first began but that is ok.... each step forward is another step closer to my goal. I plan to pace myself, not kill myself!

I thought POP costume was hilarious.... I could not stop cry laughing at the whole thing.... so we went and got it last night as I mentioned in my earlier post.... it is a cheesy costume to say the least but, hey I don't have the spare leather around to make a more authentic one. They had some goofy sleeves on it which I removed with my stitch ripper last night (yes, I said stitch ripper and yes I know how to sew! haha). So for a joke, I put the thing on and presented myself as the Prince of Primal.... still cheesy, but when I walked out to show my wifey..... she stopped dead in her tracks of what she was doing and her reaction was priceless! hahahhaha

So, there are a couple more alternations that I need to do to get it just a little closer to the POP poster Eric posted up a few posts back.... then.... I will embarrass myself to all of my primal friends! hahaha
                      Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Isa..... just get it for him... remember, it is easier to get forgiveness than permission and tell him you want to "role play".... hahahaha that is a way to sucker us guys into doing something that makes us uncomfortable! hahaha
                        sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like a rock-solid plan D, play it safe by taking the machine. All part of "Avoid Poisonous Things"! I have a serious doctor aversion myself but thanks to many sensible people in the primal community like yourself and others I have been inspired to get things taken care of that I have long put off, like mild asthma.

The numbers you and Eric posted in sleep efficiency improvement are amazing.

Comment

• Thanks very much Yak All we can do as Groks and Grokettes and to work day by day to get ourselves on the right track. It starts by getting with our doctors and doing the tests that are needed to give us a base.... from there we get focused on tackling the issues that we all have, obesity, depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.... For me as well as countless others, Primal Blueprint was the foundation and the continual building blocks to shed the old self.... the one weighted down by life and all the misery it had to offer only to begin to reveal the inner, true self.

Together as a Tribe... we will walk, run, play, exercise and eat together and WE will help educate others! Woot!

Thanks again!
                            sigpic

Comment

• you're making your own luck. can you spare me a bit just long enough for my numbers to get picked in the lotto tonight?

Comment

• Sending positive and happy vibes your way dragonmamma! I think your numbers will get picked soon!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X